[SUBGAME][SERVER] Sticks & Stones [PVP / SURV / DIFFICULT]

kievski
In-game: kievski or swansky

Re: [Server] Sticks & Stones [PVP / SURVIVAL / DIFFICULT]

by kievski » Post

Thanks for the quick answer and the new anvils :).

Now to make a steel axe head, after I've made the saw, after I've crafted another redhot flat steel plate, after, etc, lol.

You weren't kidding when you said the crafting gets complex.

kievski

kievski

by kievski » Post

I'm probably not understanding something, but I can't pick up pine saplings.

Edit: Can't pick up meat either

Edit 2: Can't pick up a full water bucket

Edit 3: Can't pick up fruit from bushes or harvested wheat

Don't know what you've done, but it seemed fine earlier today

When is the in game thunderstorm going to end :)? Seems like it's been going on for over a week

kievski

by kievski » Post

maikerumine, thanks for coming to see the problem in game. The issues seem fixed now (0.4.16 and 0.5.0-3cea7a3 clients).

Thanks for putting those items in the box.

kievski

by kievski » Post

Just found crafting another issue. The anvil disappears when crafting iron hinges:). I didn't notice the first time when I mage some hinges for a door, but when I came to make hinges for chests, I wondered why I only had 1 anvil left. I carried on and made the hinges and found the issue.

Other than that, fun server:)

kievski

by kievski » Post

Another anvil was consumed crafting a hammer head to use with my now non-existent anvil :). This is something new as it didn't happen the last two times I crafted a hammer head.

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine
In-game: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I fixed it, replaced your bits too mate!
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

maikerumine

Re: [Server][Subgame] Sticks & Stones [PVP / SURV / DIFFICUL

by maikerumine » Post

Updated first post.

Many interesting things have been incorporated.

Enjoy!

kievski

by kievski » Post

maikerumine wrote:Updated first post.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the fixes and updates!

I might have to move my base, too much rain and I keep catching colds:)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

kievski wrote:
maikerumine wrote:Updated first post.

Enjoy!
Thanks for the fixes and updates!

I might have to move my base, too much rain and I keep catching colds:)
LOL Tonight I will try to figure out whay the game crashes during certain weather changes.

kievski

by kievski » Post

It's been crashing a fair bit, mainly when I've been mining. Sometimes when I restart the server tells me I've died and need to respawn.

Other things I've noticed.
- Armour degrades when I have a cold and sneeze:).
-Mobs can break walls down with a sword. Stone items are dropped for me to pick up later, wood items go straight into my inventory.

Haven't found any copper ore yet, but I've only managed to get down to about -350, just by exploring nearby caves.

Ta, kievski

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

kievski wrote:It's been crashing a fair bit, mainly when I've been mining. Sometimes when I restart the server tells me I've died and need to respawn.

Other things I've noticed.
- Armour degrades when I have a cold and sneeze:).
-Mobs can break walls down with a sword. Stone items are dropped for me to pick up later, wood items go straight into my inventory.

Haven't found any copper ore yet, but I've only managed to get down to about -350, just by exploring nearby caves.

Ta, kievski
Server crash caused from pathogen, sadly. :( i removed it. Copper can only be got through the gravelsieve. :)

kievski

by kievski » Post

Well, I suppose it was a bit too much to think copper could be found like iron ore:)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Game and server updated, added a special helper to help with smelting and harvesting. :)

kievski

by kievski » Post

Thanks for adding the gravelsieve and hopper. Now, if you could stop me from losing an anvil every time I make iron bars (for the gravelsieve), that would be good :)

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

kievski wrote:Thanks for adding the gravelsieve and hopper. Now, if you could stop me from losing an anvil every time I make iron bars (for the gravelsieve), that would be good :)
You just earned yourself creative mode. :) For your troubles, if you want.

I am sorry about this and will fix asap.

for some weird reason it should work.

Current code:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craft({
	output = 'default:iron_bars',
	replacements = {{"default:tool_gravel_sieve_hammer", "default:tool_gravel_sieve_hammer"},{"default:anvil", "default:anvil"}},
	recipe = {
	{'','',''},
    {'default:steel_bar','default:steel_bar','default:steel_bar'},
	{'default:tool_gravel_sieve_hammer','','default:anvil'},
	}
})
Is your inventory slots full? Anvil always goes into your inventory instead of staying there in crafting.
\

[EDIT #2]

I see the bug, it is supposed to be default:tool_anvil

My bad, I will rectify all the other broken crafts as well.

kievski

by kievski » Post

While your looking at the crafting, take a look at the copper crafting. There doesn't seem to be a way of making copper bloom to get "cold" copper ingots. I can get "orangehot" ingots by smelting copper lumps, and hence "orangehot" copper blocks, which do not cool to "cold" copper blocks. So I can't get "cold" copper ingots that way.

Also, single copper nuggets craft directly to single copper lumps, not three nuggets to one lump. So, basically there's not a lot of consistency between copper and iron smelting/crafting :)

Not sure if I've got the hang of creative. It seems impossible to easily create a 99 stack of gravel which I can then place in the sieve, I have to it block by block, or I'm missing an obvious trick.

Oh, and none of the bushes or saplings I've planted have grown. Do I have to wait a full in game year :)

Anyway, thanks for fixing things as I bring them up.

kievski

by kievski » Post

Meant to post this

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I was too b usy yesterday to address, however I will take time today to fix all descriptions and do a few more little tweaks. As for copper crafting, yes, I admit it was not very thought out. :)

from wiki:
Copper extraction refers to the methods used to obtaining copper from its ores. The conversion of copper consists of a series of chemical, physical, and electrochemical processes. Methods have evolved and vary with country depending on the ore source, local environmental regulations, and other factors.

As in all mining operations, the ore must usually be beneficiated (concentrated). The processing techniques depend on the nature of the ore. If the ore is primarily sulfide copper minerals (such as chalcopyrite), the ore is crushed and ground to liberate the valuable minerals from the waste ('gangue') minerals. It is then concentrated using mineral flotation. The concentrate is typically then sold to distant smelters, although some large mines have smelters located nearby. Such colocation of mines and smelters was more typical in the 19th and early 20th centuries, when smaller smelters could be economic. The sulfide concentrates are typically smelted in such furnaces as the Outokumpo or Inco flash furnace or the ISASMELT furnace to produce matte, which must be converted and refined to produce anode copper. Finally, the final refining process is electrolysis. For economic and environmental reasons, many of the byproducts of extraction are reclaimed. Sulfur dioxide gas, for example, is captured and turned into sulfuric acid — which can then used in the extraction process or sold for such purposes as fertiliser manufacture.

Oxidised copper ores can be treated by hydrometallurgical extraction.
:D

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Dint fully fix the copper bits, however added PERTECTION!

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

I need help debugging the graphics lag. :/

I dislike asking for help, but kind of need it at this time.

If you log in the server and get terrible FPS like 5 even on a good computer could you please let me know? I have done multiple tests and the only fix was to switch to direct3d, which is only on the client but NOT on the server. It is befuddling me.

I use SFAN's build minetest-0.5.0-3cea7a3-win64 and as for the server it is visually fine, like as in singleplayer, however when I use it for client the fps is trash, even with everything turned off.

I cannot understand how the same engine makes for a bad client experience, this has never happened to me before, I think it is my server because I can still log in to other servers and play just fine.

This is odd.

kievski

by kievski » Post

This won't be much help, but I get 15-20FPS with both 0.4.16 and 0.5.0-3cea7a3 64bit versions. PC isn't much, 8GB RAM, AMD A6-6400K APU.

I got the FPS results wandering around near my base avoiding NPCs at night in the rain :)

I've also not had any issues with on an ACER CB3-111 Chromebook running GalliumOS.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

kievski wrote:This won't be much help, but I get 15-20FPS with both 0.4.16 and 0.5.0-3cea7a3 64bit versions. PC isn't much, 8GB RAM, AMD A6-6400K APU.

I got the FPS results wandering around near my base avoiding NPCs at night in the rain :)

I've also not had any issues with on an ACER CB3-111 Chromebook running GalliumOS.
It is great help, it seems to be fixed now, I think.

maikerumine

Re: [SUBGAME][SERVER] Sticks & Stones [PVP / SURV / DIFFICUL

by maikerumine » Post

Server back online, tends to crash quite a bit.
Working on fixing bugs.
Check discord for more information.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

The server could be very intresting. The concept of developing tools, some slow progress from easy tools to complex metalwork - that all sounds very fine.

Trouble is: FPS collapse after joining the server. Steering the player somewhere, even chatting soon becomes very difficult. Latest 0.5.x client doesn't work (protocol version 36).

There was a crocodile spawn-camping. Respawning let me fell on it again and die immediately.

/sethome, protection and locked chests are no boons. They're just something needed on servers so that players can happily interact in multiplayer without having to fear griefers.
A list of my mods can be found here.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Sokomine wrote:The server could be very intresting. The concept of developing tools, some slow progress from easy tools to complex metalwork - that all sounds very fine.

Indeed. :)

Trouble is: FPS collapse after joining the server. Steering the player somewhere, even chatting soon becomes very difficult. Latest 0.5.x client doesn't work (protocol version 36).

I get good FPS, it might be your video card. This is also a known issue, mainly in heavily treed areas as there are many textures. I have been trying to optimise and lower the content. On my test machine, 1.2 gz 1 gig of ram and 128 mb of video memory this game tanked it, bigtime. Once I got a card that was much better I haven't had a problem. I still use the test rig for performance testing, and it goes down to 2-3 frames per second in any wooded area, sadly.

The performance is a number one priority to me, and the most difficult. The server machine is also hosting 2 other minetest servers which do not get much traffic, I may run a test where I only run SAS and not the other ones this week to study performance.

Sorry for the bad experience, I am limited by my inability to code good and the sloppy minetest engine, as it is far too cumbersome in regards to many ABMS. YES, I said ABM's, because the state of most items depend on a player's influence, i.e. walking on ground, many falling nodes, plant growth, etc.

There was a crocodile spawn-camping. Respawning let me fell on it again and die immediately.

I will fix spawn tonight.

/sethome, protection and locked chests are no boons. They're just something needed on servers so that players can happily interact in multiplayer without having to fear griefers.

There are locked chests, also simple protection mod only one per player and large area.
There will be griefers, just store your goodies in your inventory, as that never gets deleted. Set home is used with a sleeping bag, your FIRST priority in game. Takes a lot of plant fibers, so keep getting grasses and plants.

Reply is in Blue. :)
This subgame is supposed to be extremely difficult, just be patient and play with what you have. F.Y.I. It took me about three hours of collecting plants to make a bed, no joke.

Thanks for stopping by and giving feedback. :) I hope to sort out some of these hang-ups soon.