[Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Fri Jun 08, 2018 13:50

v-rob wrote:Sorry, when I said tutorial 4, I meant tutorial 5.

EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.

I also checked tutorial 5 some more, but I don't think that there's anything else you can do.

If you haven't finished the tutorials, sofar, there's a lot of people who want to solve their mysteries!

The only doors I see are the main enter/exit doors, the door to the left of the start, and the door right of the start.

The left one leads to the rest of the box, and the right one leads to a lava pit. So what door leads to the observation deck?
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

Coder12
Member
 
Posts: 81
Joined: Sat Sep 30, 2017 00:15
Location: CTF server
GitHub: Coder12a
In-game: Bob12

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Coder12 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 16:15

The exit door will not open after I wiped the map.
Image
Attachments
screenshot_20180610_091044.png
(350.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by v-rob » Sun Jun 10, 2018 20:08

Christian_Soldier wrote:
v-rob wrote:Sorry, when I said tutorial 4, I meant tutorial 5.

EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.

I also checked tutorial 5 some more, but I don't think that there's anything else you can do.

If you haven't finished the tutorials, sofar, there's a lot of people who want to solve their mysteries!

The only doors I see are the main enter/exit doors, the door to the left of the start, and the door right of the start.

The left one leads to the rest of the box, and the right one leads to a lava pit. So what door leads to the observation deck?


I meant the door inside the observation deck. Look through the glass at the correct angle and you might catch a glimpse of it.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by sofar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 20:35

Coder12 wrote:The exit door will not open after I wiped the map.


This happens sometimes due to an issue in the code. If it happens, let me know the box number and I can correct it.

EDIT: fixed it (it was box 352) for you.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by sofar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 21:32

v-rob wrote:EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.


Well, there's definitely something about this room. I tested this box again and paid extra attention to the sounds coming from the machinery as I was going through all the puzzle elements, and I heard a piston activate at some point that I can't remember that didn't make any sense to me. Maybe I need to try this box again and pay close attention to it.
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by v-rob » Sun Jun 10, 2018 22:50

sofar wrote:
v-rob wrote:EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.


Well, there's definitely something about this room. I tested this box again and paid extra attention to the sounds coming from the machinery as I was going through all the puzzle elements, and I heard a piston activate at some point that I can't remember that didn't make any sense to me. Maybe I need to try this box again and pay close attention to it.


You know, saying "I changed the box. Try it again" would also have been perfectly acceptable ;-). I could easily tell the difference, but I won't spoil the answer for anyone, though. Did you change any other tutorial boxes?
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by sofar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 00:50

v-rob wrote:You know, saying "I changed the box. Try it again" would also have been perfectly acceptable ;-).


When it comes to the main content, I prefer staying in character and not giving away hints at all on the forums when it comes to the "extra" content (the parts that are not required to complete the levels).

Some of my non-tutorial levels also have areas that are hidden as well unless you really peel the level apart block by block.
 

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:29

sofar wrote:
v-rob wrote:You know, saying "I changed the box. Try it again" would also have been perfectly acceptable ;-).


When it comes to the main content, I prefer staying in character and not giving away hints at all on the forums when it comes to the "extra" content (the parts that are not required to complete the levels).

Some of my non-tutorial levels also have areas that are hidden as well unless you really peel the level apart block by block.

Does any of the other boxes' "extra" content have anything to do with the secret pedestal in the forest biome?
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:42

sofar wrote:
v-rob wrote:EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.


Well, there's definitely something about this room. I tested this box again and paid extra attention to the sounds coming from the machinery as I was going through all the puzzle elements, and I heard a piston activate at some point that I can't remember that didn't make any sense to me. Maybe I need to try this box again and pay close attention to it.

I tried this box again and found that the piston sound places two blocks over the lava pit (the one you have to cross) after you cross it. Unfortunately, It didn't unlock the new terminal that was near it.
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by sofar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 19:41

Christian_Soldier wrote:Does any of the other boxes' "extra" content have anything to do with the secret pedestal in the forest biome?


You can't take any nexus blocks out of boxes, so, that would not be possible.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by sofar » Mon Jun 11, 2018 19:41

Christian_Soldier wrote:I tried this box again and found that the piston sound places two blocks over the lava pit (the one you have to cross) after you cross it. Unfortunately, It didn't unlock the new terminal that was near it.


There's something else going on, too.
 

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Thu Jun 21, 2018 13:29

sofar wrote:
Christian_Soldier wrote:I tried this box again and found that the piston sound places two blocks over the lava pit (the one you have to cross) after you cross it. Unfortunately, It didn't unlock the new terminal that was near it.


There's something else going on, too.

Care to give any hints?
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

Kurtzmusch
New member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 18:12
In-game: Kurtzmusch

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Kurtzmusch » Thu Jun 28, 2018 19:37

Great idea, great execution! Sounds, Music, Textures, the Lobby, everything is awesome and fits perfectly together (except the realistic sky/clouds)
Like Puzzles? Escape The Dungeon
 

Kurtzmusch
New member
 
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 18:12
In-game: Kurtzmusch

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Kurtzmusch » Fri Jun 29, 2018 00:39

Christian_Soldier wrote:There's another observation deck in tutorial 4(where you cross the place with dissapearing blocks). I can't see any entrance, but I was able to see (by jumping) the top three lines of what a sign in it said.

"Cnl ab nggragvba gh gur zna..."

There's also a terminal in there.

I think there might be something with the door that leads to a lava pit to get into the observation deck, too. but I can't figure it out.


i got inside, the terminal says all comunication should be done with the best known encryption, heres a screenie
+ screenie
Like Puzzles? Escape The Dungeon
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Wuzzy » Sun Jul 01, 2018 11:27

I still haven't found the Wizard of Oz yet …
Maybe the easter egg just ends here, and There Is Nothing Left To Do.
My creations. I gladly take any bitcoins you have lying around: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by v-rob » Mon Jul 02, 2018 02:03

Wuzzy wrote:I still haven't found the Wizard of Oz yet …
Maybe the easter egg just ends here, and There Is Nothing Left To Do.


If you mean tutorial 4's easter egg that no one seems to be able to figure out, it actually does exist. Keep searching ;-)
 

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Mon Jul 02, 2018 13:59

Kurtzmusch wrote:i got inside, the terminal says all comunication should be done with the best known encryption, heres a screenie
+ screenie

How did you get inside? (I can't figure it out)
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
 
Posts: 1911
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
Location: Hopefully very far from yours, snoop :P
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf
In-game: Lone_Wolf

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Lone_Wolf » Mon Jul 02, 2018 14:37

Christian_Soldier wrote:
Kurtzmusch wrote:i got inside, the terminal says all comunication should be done with the best known encryption, heres a screenie
+ screenie

How did you get inside? (I can't figure it out)

If you want to get inside you HAVE to figure it out though xD
Don't get stuck watching one spot. Look at everything closely
 

User avatar
Wuzzy
Member
 
Posts: 3208
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 15:01
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Wuzzy » Mon Jul 02, 2018 15:17

@v-rob: Do you mean I can actually find the “Wizard of Oz”? I already found the observation deck, I'm just not sure if this is already the easter egg or there is more to that.
My creations. I gladly take any bitcoins you have lying around: 17fsUywHxeMHKG41UFfu34F1rAxZcrVoqH
 

User avatar
v-rob
Member
 
Posts: 553
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2016 03:19
GitHub: v-rob

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by v-rob » Mon Jul 02, 2018 15:38

Wuzzy wrote:@v-rob: Do you mean I can actually find the “Wizard of Oz”? I already found the observation deck, I'm just not sure if this is already the easter egg or there is more to that.


Oh, now I know what you mean by the Wizard of Oz! *facepalm*

I haven't found anything else. I'll bet it will be continued in a later tutorial level.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by sofar » Mon Jul 02, 2018 18:43

v-rob wrote:I'll bet it will be continued in a later tutorial level.


Yes, I will from time to time modify the tutorial levels to add additional elements. Some will be obvious (the observation deck for instance wasn't present in the first version for a long time) and some will be very subtle.

I also can, if people are interested, allow people to make modifications and add these sort of elements to the existing tutorial boxes. This is done by making a copy of a box and making a different player a temporary owner, and then they can modify it. After the box is re-reviewed, it would be copied back over the original. If you're interested and have ideas, come chat with me on IRC.
 

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Fri Jul 06, 2018 15:17

Lone_Wolf wrote:If you want to get inside you HAVE to figure it out though xD
Don't get stuck watching one spot. Look at everything closely

I tried but I can't figure it out. Can you just post it in a spoiler tab?
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

User avatar
TumeniNodes
Member
 
Posts: 2468
Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2016 19:49
Location: in the dark recesses of the mind
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by TumeniNodes » Sat Jul 07, 2018 20:33

No, then it spoils it for everyone else
My brain, is AES256 encrypted, even I don't know wth I'm thinking...
 

Christian_Soldier
Member
 
Posts: 100
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2018 17:36
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Thu Aug 09, 2018 17:29

I'm completely lost (about the tutorial secrets).
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1704
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by sofar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 21:09

TumeniNodes wrote:No, then it spoils it for everyone else


I have no issues with people using the spoiler blocks and posting how they found secrets in this thread.
 

PreviousNext

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: xXNicoXx and 9 guests