[Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by v-rob » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote:Maybe there's a secret switch or something in another place. or there might be a level(box) where you can get an extra nexus so you can use it on the secret pedestal.
Everything in your inventory disappears after you exit a box. But as for any switches, the only suspicious thing I found was a dark, locked room labeled "Meeting Room" under the Play area. There are two switches inside it that I can see. I haven't seen any other switches besides the library under the Create area (and I tried those out), so I don't think that there is a nexus block anywhere (besides the huge one in the center of the nexus).

But what is that meeting room for? Maybe sofar could shed some light on this.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

GreenXenith
GitHub: GreenXenith

by GreenXenith » Post

v-rob wrote:
Christian_Soldier wrote:Maybe there's a secret switch or something in another place. or there might be a level(box) where you can get an extra nexus so you can use it on the secret pedestal.
Everything in your inventory disappears after you exit a box. But as for any switches, the only suspicious thing I found was a dark, locked room labeled "Meeting Room" under the Play area. There are two switches inside it that I can see. I haven't seen any other switches besides the library under the Create area (and I tried those out), so I don't think that there is a nexus block anywhere (besides the huge one in the center of the nexus).

I've found that too.. and I have no clue why it's there or how to get in :'D
YouTube | Mods | Patreon | Minetest Discord @greenxenith

You should not be able to read this message.

Christian_Soldier
In-game: Christian_Soldier

by Christian_Soldier » Post

GreenDimond wrote:
v-rob wrote:

I've found that too.. and I have no clue why it's there or how to get in :'D
Maybe there's something in the rocky parts under the islands. Other than that, I'm out of ideas. (and I really want sofar to give us some hints)
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

v-rob wrote:

There are actually three switches.
And during a laggy moment I saw a cave with no entrance inside of the snowy world platform depiction. I think there was a nexus pedestal there too. Or it was a box...
There is also something weird in the tutorial series. Read all the terminals and triple-check everything
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Christian_Soldier

Lone_Wolf wrote:
v-rob wrote:

And during a laggy moment I saw a cave with no entrance inside of the snowy world platform depiction. I think there was a nexus pedestal there too. Or it was a box...
There is also something weird in the tutorial series. Read all the terminals and triple-check everything
thx, I'll do that.

Christian_Soldier

Lone_Wolf wrote:There are actually three switches.
In the 2nd tutorial box there's a terminal underground (where you're supposed to be). But when you read "security" in it, the last paragraph has some capital letters in it that aren't supposed to be there.

("...Management has inVolvEd severaL outSide technicians to wORk on our security syStems, please cooperate with them as best as you can.")

When I put the letters together, it spelled VELSORS. Does anyone know what this means?

Plus, there's another terminal in the same box that is locked (I don't know how to unlock it) in front of a dead end.

*EDIT*
When I put the nexus block onto the only pedestal in the box, the terminal got unlocked!
It says,

WARNING TO ALL VISITORS

DESPITE EARLIER WARNINGS, THE MANAGEMENT HAS DETERMINED
THAT NON AUTHORIZED PERSONS HAVE CAUSED DAMAGE TO
BOX EQUIPMENT.

THE MANAGEMENT REMINDS YOU THAT YOU ARE SOLELY
RESPONSIBLE FOR THE COST OF DAMAGE TO THE BOX
EQUIPMENT AND SYSTEMS.

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM USING THE BOX EQUIPMENT AND
SYSTEMS IN AN UNAUTHORIZED MANNER. YOU WILL BE
HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS.

That's all I could find in the 2nd box, though.

Christian_Soldier

In the 3rd tutorial box there's an observation deck with a terminal inside, but the door to it is closed. There's also a sign just inside the door that says,

"Observation deck access.
Please lock all doors behind you."

the_raven_262
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: [Discord unfortunately] corvus262

by the_raven_262 » Post

There is more, I saw it.
I am not telling you though, It would be spoiling the fun :)

As far as I understood there is a "story" involved in the whole tutorial series.
I have managed to find the start of it in that box, but the next one's "secret" was just too much for me. I couldn't find the entrance or any sign of it at all.
After that one, the box 20 has the locked doors under the ground, behind, a terminal with a switch next to it.
Couldn't find how to enter this one either.
The switch at the start might do something, but it doesn't open the trapdoor below it, odd.
The terminal is empty, which is very interesting considering the secret message in the box that you've just mentioned.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I'll try to get my YT account up again. I have horrible FPS and graphics but it might be watchable. Could do a walkthrough
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Christian_Soldier

After that one, the box 20 has the locked doors under the ground, behind, a terminal with a switch next to it.
Couldn't find how to enter this one either.
The switch at the start might do something, but it doesn't open the trapdoor below it, odd.
The terminal is empty, which is very interesting considering the secret message in the box that you've just mentioned.
I found that, too. But maybe the switch needs to be left alone for that door to open...

*EDIT*
I tried to leave the switch alone, but it apparently does nothing.
Last edited by Christian_Soldier on Wed Jun 06, 2018 22:27, edited 1 time in total.

the_raven_262
GitHub: theraven262
IRC: [Discord unfortunately] corvus262

by the_raven_262 » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote:I found that, too. But maybe the switch needs to be left alone for that door to open...
Its a switch, I tried both activating it and deactivating it, and nothing ever changed.

Christian_Soldier

btw, I'm playing Inside the Box while I'm posting replies.

Christian_Soldier

the_raven_262 wrote:There is more, I saw it.
I am not telling you though, It would be spoiling the fun :)
Please tell me! I can't find any more!

Christian_Soldier

Lone_Wolf wrote:
v-rob wrote:

um... I only see two. where's the third one?

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote: um... I only see two. where's the third one?

Christian_Soldier

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Christian_Soldier wrote: um... I only see two. where's the third one?
oh, thx. my computer apparently shows everything darker, then.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Wow. I definitely need to change my screen's contrast. I couldn't see the board with the words on it. From what I can see, the meeting room actually looks like a joke...

But is it? Sofar hasn't said anything, so I think that there's something more to all of this.

Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

I had my gamma turned up. It's in the settings

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:I had my gamma turned up. It's in the settings
Wow. Change gamma to 10 and everything seems bright and cheerful. Pitch-dark ares even are just light enough to see in now.

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

v-rob wrote:Sofar hasn't said anything, so I think that there's something more to all of this.
:)

There is definitely something going on, but it appears that one will need to wait, or, perhaps investigate better what is going on here. It's also entirely possible that there's some things that aren't entirely finished yet, either.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

sofar wrote:
v-rob wrote:Sofar hasn't said anything, so I think that there's something more to all of this.
:)

There is definitely something going on, but it appears that one will need to wait, or, perhaps investigate better what is going on here. It's also entirely possible that there's some things that aren't entirely finished yet, either.
I suspected as much. I don't know whether the tutorial has anything to do with it, but I think that it might. I'll bet that the sign on the nexus pedestal in the woods will display the name of the player who finds the nexus block and places it there. But, it's quite obvious from your that this stuff is not totally finished yet, but I'm going to keep investigating.

In tutorial 3, I found a way onto the observation deck. Opening the terminal up there cause a hole in the wall below to open. There was a ladder that led to a grassy area with tons of gravel, dirt, sand, and iron block piles around. There was a hidden terminal with one entry: velsars, likely some sort of code, acronym, or anagram. The entry basically said that he had hooked the terminal up to the terminal at the beginning of the level and that you shouln't trust any of the other terminals because they are always watching (No indication of who "they" are).

In tutorial 4, there is definitely a hidden door, but I have't found any way into it as of yet. I even tried checking using coordinates in F5 (yes, kind of a cheat, but it's easier than counting out the coordinates), but there's no other entrance that I can find. I'll bet there's a hole somewhere that you can fall down into to get inside, and the button next to the terminal opens the doors. That's purely speculation, though. I couldn't find anything that the switch at the beginning did, and the beginning terminal was most definitely empty. The trapdoor just would lead down to a later part in the level where a pedestal is, so I doubt it opens. I tried looking for other places to put the three ladders, but I didn't find any. I tried climbing the dirt piles, but there was nothing on any of them that I saw. I couldn't think of anything else I could do.

Christian_Soldier

v-rob wrote: In tutorial 3, I found a way onto the observation deck.
Please tell me how to get in. :)

*EDIT*
nvm, I got in.

Christian_Soldier

There's another observation deck in tutorial 4(where you cross the place with dissapearing blocks). I can't see any entrance, but I was able to see (by jumping) the top three lines of what a sign in it said.

"Cnl ab nggragvba gh gur zna..."

There's also a terminal in there.

I think there might be something with the door that leads to a lava pit to get into the observation deck, too. but I can't figure it out.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Sorry, when I said tutorial 4, I meant tutorial 5.

EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.

I also checked tutorial 5 some more, but I don't think that there's anything else you can do.

If you haven't finished the tutorials, sofar, there's a lot of people who want to solve their mysteries!

Christian_Soldier

I just noticed something peculiar... over the teleportation pad to go to the tutorial (after completing it for the first time), there's what looks like a passage where you fall down onto the pad.