[Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

Christian_Soldier
In-game: Christian_Soldier

Re: [Server] Inside The Box [Puzzles]

by Christian_Soldier » Post

v-rob wrote:Sorry, when I said tutorial 4, I meant tutorial 5.

EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.

I also checked tutorial 5 some more, but I don't think that there's anything else you can do.

If you haven't finished the tutorials, sofar, there's a lot of people who want to solve their mysteries!
The only doors I see are the main enter/exit doors, the door to the left of the start, and the door right of the start.

The left one leads to the rest of the box, and the right one leads to a lava pit. So what door leads to the observation deck?
plz see my map from The Stanley Parable. viewtopic.php?f=12&t=19944&p=0&e=0

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

The exit door will not open after I wiped the map.
Attachments
screenshot_20180610_091044.png
screenshot_20180610_091044.png (350.71 KiB) Viewed 1053 times

v-rob
Developer
GitHub: v-rob
IRC: v-rob

by v-rob » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote:
v-rob wrote:Sorry, when I said tutorial 4, I meant tutorial 5.

EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.

I also checked tutorial 5 some more, but I don't think that there's anything else you can do.

If you haven't finished the tutorials, sofar, there's a lot of people who want to solve their mysteries!
The only doors I see are the main enter/exit doors, the door to the left of the start, and the door right of the start.

The left one leads to the rest of the box, and the right one leads to a lava pit. So what door leads to the observation deck?
I meant the door inside the observation deck. Look through the glass at the correct angle and you might catch a glimpse of it.
Core Developer | My Best Mods: Bridger - Slats - Stained Glass

sofar
Developer
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

by sofar » Post

Coder12 wrote:The exit door will not open after I wiped the map.
This happens sometimes due to an issue in the code. If it happens, let me know the box number and I can correct it.

EDIT: fixed it (it was box 352) for you.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

v-rob wrote: EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.
Well, there's definitely something about this room. I tested this box again and paid extra attention to the sounds coming from the machinery as I was going through all the puzzle elements, and I heard a piston activate at some point that I can't remember that didn't make any sense to me. Maybe I need to try this box again and pay close attention to it.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

sofar wrote:
v-rob wrote: EDIT: I checked out tutorial 4, and I saw a door to that observation deck. It looked like there was marble right behind it, so I think there isn't a way onto it as of yet. I've scoured that box for a long time, and I've found nothing.
Well, there's definitely something about this room. I tested this box again and paid extra attention to the sounds coming from the machinery as I was going through all the puzzle elements, and I heard a piston activate at some point that I can't remember that didn't make any sense to me. Maybe I need to try this box again and pay close attention to it.
You know, saying "I changed the box. Try it again" would also have been perfectly acceptable ;-). I could easily tell the difference, but I won't spoil the answer for anyone, though. Did you change any other tutorial boxes?

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

v-rob wrote:You know, saying "I changed the box. Try it again" would also have been perfectly acceptable ;-).
When it comes to the main content, I prefer staying in character and not giving away hints at all on the forums when it comes to the "extra" content (the parts that are not required to complete the levels).

Some of my non-tutorial levels also have areas that are hidden as well unless you really peel the level apart block by block.

Christian_Soldier

sofar wrote:
v-rob wrote:You know, saying "I changed the box. Try it again" would also have been perfectly acceptable ;-).
When it comes to the main content, I prefer staying in character and not giving away hints at all on the forums when it comes to the "extra" content (the parts that are not required to complete the levels).

Some of my non-tutorial levels also have areas that are hidden as well unless you really peel the level apart block by block.
Does any of the other boxes' "extra" content have anything to do with the secret pedestal in the forest biome?

Christian_Soldier

sofar wrote:
I tried this box again and found that the piston sound places two blocks over the lava pit (the one you have to cross) after you cross it. Unfortunately, It didn't unlock the new terminal that was near it.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote:Does any of the other boxes' "extra" content have anything to do with the secret pedestal in the forest biome?
You can't take any nexus blocks out of boxes, so, that would not be possible.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote: I tried this box again and found that the piston sound places two blocks over the lava pit (the one you have to cross) after you cross it. Unfortunately, It didn't unlock the new terminal that was near it.
There's something else going on, too.

Christian_Soldier

sofar wrote:
Christian_Soldier wrote: I tried this box again and found that the piston sound places two blocks over the lava pit (the one you have to cross) after you cross it. Unfortunately, It didn't unlock the new terminal that was near it.
There's something else going on, too.
Care to give any hints?

Kurtzmusch
In-game: Kurtzmusch

by Kurtzmusch » Post

Great idea, great execution! Sounds, Music, Textures, the Lobby, everything is awesome and fits perfectly together (except the realistic sky/clouds)
Like Puzzles? Escape The Dungeon

Kurtzmusch
In-game: Kurtzmusch

by Kurtzmusch » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote:There's another observation deck in tutorial 4(where you cross the place with dissapearing blocks). I can't see any entrance, but I was able to see (by jumping) the top three lines of what a sign in it said.

"Cnl ab nggragvba gh gur zna..."

There's also a terminal in there.

I think there might be something with the door that leads to a lava pit to get into the observation deck, too. but I can't figure it out.
i got inside, the terminal says all comunication should be done with the best known encryption, heres a screenie
Spoiler
Like Puzzles? Escape The Dungeon

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

I still haven't found the Wizard of Oz yet …
Maybe the easter egg just ends here, and There Is Nothing Left To Do.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Wuzzy wrote:I still haven't found the Wizard of Oz yet …
Maybe the easter egg just ends here, and There Is Nothing Left To Do.
If you mean tutorial 4's easter egg that no one seems to be able to figure out, it actually does exist. Keep searching ;-)

Christian_Soldier

Kurtzmusch wrote: i got inside, the terminal says all comunication should be done with the best known encryption, heres a screenie
Spoiler
How did you get inside? (I can't figure it out)

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Christian_Soldier wrote:
Kurtzmusch wrote: i got inside, the terminal says all comunication should be done with the best known encryption, heres a screenie
Spoiler
How did you get inside? (I can't figure it out)
If you want to get inside you HAVE to figure it out though xD
Don't get stuck watching one spot. Look at everything closely
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

@v-rob: Do you mean I can actually find the “Wizard of Oz”? I already found the observation deck, I'm just not sure if this is already the easter egg or there is more to that.

v-rob
Developer

by v-rob » Post

Wuzzy wrote:@v-rob: Do you mean I can actually find the “Wizard of Oz”? I already found the observation deck, I'm just not sure if this is already the easter egg or there is more to that.
Oh, now I know what you mean by the Wizard of Oz! *facepalm*

I haven't found anything else. I'll bet it will be continued in a later tutorial level.

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

v-rob wrote:I'll bet it will be continued in a later tutorial level.
Yes, I will from time to time modify the tutorial levels to add additional elements. Some will be obvious (the observation deck for instance wasn't present in the first version for a long time) and some will be very subtle.

I also can, if people are interested, allow people to make modifications and add these sort of elements to the existing tutorial boxes. This is done by making a copy of a box and making a different player a temporary owner, and then they can modify it. After the box is re-reviewed, it would be copied back over the original. If you're interested and have ideas, come chat with me on IRC.

Christian_Soldier

Lone_Wolf wrote: If you want to get inside you HAVE to figure it out though xD
Don't get stuck watching one spot. Look at everything closely
I tried but I can't figure it out. Can you just post it in a spoiler tab?

TumeniNodes
GitHub: TumeniNodes
IRC: tumeninodes
In-game: TumeniNodes

by TumeniNodes » Post

No, then it spoils it for everyone else
A Wonderful World

Christian_Soldier

I'm completely lost (about the tutorial secrets).

sofar
Developer

by sofar » Post

TumeniNodes wrote:No, then it spoils it for everyone else
I have no issues with people using the spoiler blocks and posting how they found secrets in this thread.