[Server] Legends Of Survival

ElSmacko
IRC: ElSmacko
In-game: ElSmacko

Re: [Server] Legends Of Survival

by ElSmacko » Post

Whats going on with the server? Did somebody replace all the air with lava using worldedit? Kept dying to lava, looks like the server crashed to.

kingtux

by kingtux » Post

Why is the server down now? What happened?

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

From what I've gathered, after a series of staff disputes and other major dramas, the host has stopped hosting all servers.

TBH, I don't blame him.
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

kingtux

by kingtux » Post

ThomasMonroe or the hosting service?

ChimneySwift
GitHub: ChimneySwift
IRC: ChimneySwift
In-game: ChimneySwift

by ChimneySwift » Post

kingtux wrote:ThomasMonroe or the hosting service?
The host was DI3HARD139.
A spoon is basically a tiny bowl with a stick on it

ElSmacko
IRC: ElSmacko
In-game: ElSmacko

by ElSmacko » Post

Down again, was wondering if it would be coming back up, as I was going to play on this server :(.

kingtux

by kingtux » Post

Does anyone have a recent backup? We can maybe move the server if we need to. If I had a better internet connection, I'd volunteer to do it myself.

ManElevation
GitHub: ManElevation
IRC: ManElevation
In-game: ManElevation

by ManElevation » Post

kingtux wrote:Does anyone have a recent backup? We can maybe move the server if we need to. If I had a better internet connection, I'd volunteer to do it myself.
i could do it my self but i cant till a few weeks
My Public Mods! Discord: Rottweiler Games#3368

danThefarmer
GitHub: meredithdaniel870
In-game: danThefarmer

by danThefarmer » Post

Mm-survivals biggest fail was the mods it was outdated and now legends of survival and legends of survival 2.0 and now darkness have very simular problems they are unplayable for alot of people who use to play personaly I loved mm first server I ever played on the server Darkstalker told me about, I would just love to be able to play on a mm survival bassed server again but it is practically impossible for alot of the people who loved these servers becuase you all think we should add more and more mods so "NO ONE" can play on them. You see the point is I liked these servers while they were still playable for everyone other just for the guy with the world's best pc or the best OS it is made for all of us is it not? So if you could just Please make your servers playable again and not overdoing it on mods from a fan danThefarmer

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

I would be interested in getting a backup of the server from before things went South, so we can host it, perhaps with a few changes, to avoid the same thing happening again. Can someone make a backup available? If the backup is comprehensive enough (including other server settings, etc.), I could probably have it up in a day or two, though I might have to limit the # of users to keep the performance reasonable for everyone.

If this is possible, it would also be nice to get a hold of the accounts/names of those responsible for ruining everyone's fun. I can feel some IP-range bans coming on.

Edgy1
GitHub: JamesTobin
In-game: Trump

by Edgy1 » Post

Sheriff wrote:
If this is possible, it would also be nice to get a hold of the accounts/names of those responsible for ruining everyone's fun. I can feel some IP-range bans coming on.
it was one user: Plebs.

Victor Kirkland
In-game: VictorKikrland

by Victor Kirkland » Post

Hey I was on this server quite a few months ago now, I got off and stopped playing, and I re downloaded minetest, I can't find this server anymore, has the name changed?

Edgy1

by Edgy1 » Post

it shut down.

Victor Kirkland
In-game: VictorKikrland

by Victor Kirkland » Post

Why?

Edgy1

by Edgy1 » Post

Plebs caused a bunch of issues

Edgy1

by Edgy1 » Post

If u want to know more pm me

Shara
GitHub: ezhh
IRC: Shara

by Shara » Post

Edgy1: It takes more than one person to have a dispute and I personally saw evidence that several people other than Plebs did some very unkind things. This doesn't make Plebs blameless, but it does make what you say incorrect, so let's not play name and shame on a public forum thread where he isn't likely to reply.

If he and he alone was the issue, various commands along the lines of /ban and fewer over the top rants, accompanied by less persecution, could have gone a long way to saving this server. But the simple truth seems to be that many people involved in running it preferred to act childishly and trolled each other for amusement, at the expense of the players and what they had built.

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm a good friend of Plebs, and I have a strong suspicion that he was not solely responsible for what transpired here.

Based in my reading of the Minetest IRC logs, I suspect there was a lot of drama behind the scenes that we aren't being told. Even if Plebs was partially responsible, I wouldn't be surprised if he was pushed to the breaking point Thanks to a select few people seeking power and control, Plebs is obviously being used as a scapegoat to detract from the real underlying administrative issues. Anyway, this is not my server and not my problem, but I wanted to chime in for Plebs' sake. It's rather despicable to spread ill-will about someone when they aren't here to defend themselves. And yes, this goes for bashing a person behind their back on the public Minetest IRC channel too.