[Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Thu Sep 27, 2018 20:49

Regulus your new shuttles are out as are some block metals
 

NetYard5
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
Location: Malaysia
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo UlisesV

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by NetYard5 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 15:44

Regulus, may I have the permissions to build on FarAway? I wanted to build base for centrifuges
 

NetYard5
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
Location: Malaysia
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo UlisesV

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by NetYard5 » Sat Sep 29, 2018 15:44

Regulus, may I have the permissions to build on FarAway? I wanted to build base for centrifuges
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Sat Sep 29, 2018 22:39

You already have tons of land at spawn to build. Yeah you can build underground and even my setup shows it can be built in a small space. It just takes tons of power and resources to build. Plus you said yourself you bought out Carlos reactor Fuel Rods and have several stacks.

FarAway is for _NEW_ players. No quarries. I don't want FarAway to be like spawn where players squeeze out the new players.

Even I'm planning to tear down my reactor to keep my footprint at a minimal. After completing the centrifuge cascade, hydro LV generators give better power.

There is plenty of space on the server to build. As a veteran player you should be starting your own settlement based on FarAway's success. Pick a spot, build center, build roads, build shop, invite new players to build, THEN petition Regulus to build his shops and place a hyperloop station on the main loop.
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Thu Oct 04, 2018 19:10

Problem child explosion. Autumn_Days still back and complaining he's not banned yet. Ignored Eco101's rant how he's going to kill Autumn_Days then wanted in my base for no reason. It's in lock down from A_Ds attacks. Instead he breaks in twice then hits me. I level him in return hit. Now he's break and entering trying to get at me.

F@*&ing kids. I try to help users then we get Vorheez trying to make a comeback. As killing the server once was bad enough. Just got players building and playing again and we get these 'problem children' rising hell.

I've turn my once open base into a fortress yet even blocking the doors and lava traps don't really send the message to knock it off and play nice, play elsewhere or don't play at all.

Enough is enough. Time to resurrect jail for griefers and PKers. Kill a player, warped to jail, grief.. jail. Plus it should also LOG the infraction so admins can follow up.

Also I would like to see the zero air bug crushed and running uses up air twice as fast. That would kill off these 'hyper children' faster than any defense.

Also the server is offline. Go fig.
 

User avatar
Me Me and Me
Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 21:08
Location: Vulcan, in the leftmost star of Orion's Belt
In-game: MeMeandMe2 Regulus

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Me Me and Me » Mon Oct 08, 2018 00:08

Yes, the server is down. We are looking into the issue. I will give another update tomorrow.
Sorry. :(
I Love Formspecs!
 

User avatar
Me Me and Me
Member
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 21:08
Location: Vulcan, in the leftmost star of Orion's Belt
In-game: MeMeandMe2 Regulus

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Me Me and Me » Tue Oct 09, 2018 01:25

It seems that the server is down due to a bug when someone placed a technic swiching station.

We are working on it

Code: Select all
2018-10-04 14:59:44: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 329ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:47: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 digs technic:switching_station at (-25,10,253)
2018-10-04 14:59:49: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 282ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 places node technic:switching_station at (-25,10,256)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "from_below" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/register/cables.lua:79
2018-10-04 14:59:52: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "digilines" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357
2018-10-04 14:59:52: ACTION[Main]: [playereffects] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into playereffects.mt
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'technic' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: attempt to index global 'digilines' (a nil value)
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]:    ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: in function <...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:218>

I Love Formspecs!
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Tue Oct 09, 2018 22:50

Weird. Looks like digiline is involved. Too bad it doesn't give the location. Last thing I remember doing was removing uranium dust from centrifuges to shut it down. It be nice to know what they were trying to power.

Any chance to disable parts of Technics to see what triggering it? Maybe disable it part by part until the server comes back. Start with HV power draws like shield and quarries... maybe since digilines in mentioned... disable it first.
 

User avatar
archfan7411
New member
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Sep 26, 2018 00:37
GitHub: archfan7411
In-game: archfan

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by archfan7411 » Wed Oct 10, 2018 00:05

Michael Eh? wrote:Weird. Looks like digiline is involved. Too bad it doesn't give the location. Last thing I remember doing was removing uranium dust from centrifuges to shut it down. It be nice to know what they were trying to power.

Any chance to disable parts of Technics to see what triggering it? Maybe disable it part by part until the server comes back. Start with HV power draws like shield and quarries... maybe since digilines in mentioned... disable it first.


Good news. The server is now back online :)

It turns out that the log file somehow became owned by root, so it was a simple manner of changing back the owner of .minetest and the issue was resolved.

In addition, vorhees' new alt(s) and Autumn_Days will be banned as soon as I can get online. I'll also take a look at the air code and see if I spot anything that might be causing the zero air bug. Additionally, I will look into jail mods - perhaps write a custom mod for the server.

Regards,
archfan
 

Sires
Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:00
Location: Hue knows...
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Sires » Wed Oct 10, 2018 13:14

vorhees needs an ip ban :) eventually she/he will run out of devices.
Nothing to declare

For the ones reading this, expect a new minetest game soon ;-)

Also, Sires is not pronouncied like Siri, it's from Sir, use he not she(also not it, I'm not a thing :P).

**SORY MAY BED ANGLISH**
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Wed Oct 10, 2018 19:54

There is a good jail mod on the other Mars Server. Regulus already built the jail.

I could suggest something more nasty for Vor* but anything you can use can be used against you.

At least the server is back up and running. We need Sires back to start Siresville. ;)
 

redhuman
New member
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:12
In-game: redhuman

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by redhuman » Thu Oct 11, 2018 13:00

Good, server is back. Let's settle on mars :-)
But from time to time, an error happens, this could need some more work:
"Access denied. Reason: This server has experienced an internal error. You will now be disconnected."
 

NetYard5
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
Location: Malaysia
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo UlisesV

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by NetYard5 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 13:02

Me Me and Me wrote:It seems that the server is down due to a bug when someone placed a technic swiching station.

We are working on it

Code: Select all
2018-10-04 14:59:44: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 329ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:47: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 digs technic:switching_station at (-25,10,253)
2018-10-04 14:59:49: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 282ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 places node technic:switching_station at (-25,10,256)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "from_below" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/register/cables.lua:79
2018-10-04 14:59:52: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "digilines" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357
2018-10-04 14:59:52: ACTION[Main]: [playereffects] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into playereffects.mt
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'technic' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: attempt to index global 'digilines' (a nil value)
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]:    ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: in function <...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:218>

So am I involved with these issues? Idk what actually happens. I was about to place a switch station next to a nuclear generator and the server crashed, or whatever it is. Everytime when I joined the server crashed, probably because I was close to the switch station. I apologizes for these...
 

Sires
Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:00
Location: Hue knows...
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Sires » Thu Oct 11, 2018 16:42

Michael Eh? wrote:There is a good jail mod on the other Mars Server. Regulus already built the jail.

I could suggest something more nasty for Vor* but anything you can use can be used against you.

At least the server is back up and running. We need Sires back to start Siresville. ;)


Fine :P I'll try to deal with the lag.
Nothing to declare

For the ones reading this, expect a new minetest game soon ;-)

Also, Sires is not pronouncied like Siri, it's from Sir, use he not she(also not it, I'm not a thing :P).

**SORY MAY BED ANGLISH**
 

migifg2003
Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 14:28
In-game: migfig2003

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by migifg2003 » Fri Oct 12, 2018 01:59

just realized you cant make normal clay from mars clay because mars clay is also set to make sticks. :(
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Sun Oct 14, 2018 16:38

archfan7411 wrote:In addition, vorhees' new alt(s) and Autumn_Days will be banned as soon as I can get online. ...

Regards,
archfan


Autumn_Days is now A_D and complained he's not IP banned yet. I didn't bother to stick around.
 

NetYard5
Member
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Aug 24, 2018 20:28
Location: Malaysia
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo UlisesV

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by NetYard5 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 16:52

Regulus, can you set an oxygen in spawn? I died multiple times because an accidental dropping spacesuit to teleporting pipetubes ._.
 

Sires
Member
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Mon Jan 02, 2017 21:00
Location: Hue knows...
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Sires » Sun Oct 14, 2018 17:55

Michael Eh? wrote:
archfan7411 wrote:In addition, vorhees' new alt(s) and Autumn_Days will be banned as soon as I can get online. ...

Regards,
archfan


Autumn_Days is now A_D and complained he's not IP banned yet. I didn't bother to stick around.


It's starting to be annoying the fact that no one has ever tried to ip ban him -_-
Nothing to declare

For the ones reading this, expect a new minetest game soon ;-)

Also, Sires is not pronouncied like Siri, it's from Sir, use he not she(also not it, I'm not a thing :P).

**SORY MAY BED ANGLISH**
 

Michael Eh?
Member
 
Posts: 358
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 17:21

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by Michael Eh? » Tue Oct 16, 2018 19:01

Annoying players are annoying. They know they can just get another alias time and time again.

Some players are SO annoying that some servers have IP banned entire countries.

Eco101 has gotten so bad that he even got past the locked doors and other traps just to attack me. I left him a huge message in front of my base.. almost done when the server went down again. Assuming it's the same problem.

Trolls travel from server to server causing havoc because it brings them some satisfaction. I end up being the target because I know I can deal with them. It draws their ire away from other less experience players who don't need this sh!t.

Still I rather help new players because it helps build the server. More players the more eyes on these problem children... if they report them and admins respond. It will change once jail mod is running with /setspawn [playername] for repeat offenders so they can't simply /spawn their way out. Once their 'FUN' is spoiled they just move on to another server and another victim. Maybe if server admins actually start talking to each other, these trolls will have less and less places to be their [@*(&#(@#] selves.
 

migifg2003
Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 14:28
In-game: migfig2003

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by migifg2003 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 19:58

the server crashing may have been partially my fault i was using the inventory interface to try to setup the crafting for a bunch of coal blocks and it lagged for a couple of seconds and then crashed.
 

migifg2003
Member
 
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2018 14:28
In-game: migfig2003

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by migifg2003 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 17:29

somebody put a force field emitter on front street and it block the whole street
 

Previous

Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests