by Michael Eh? » Post

Regulus your new shuttles are out as are some block metals

NetYard5
GitHub: FI3Mate
IRC: AlloyMixedSteel
In-game: InfinityYards UltraNexo

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

by NetYard5 » Post

Regulus, may I have the permissions to build on FarAway? I wanted to build base for centrifuges

NetYard5

by NetYard5 » Post

Regulus, may I have the permissions to build on FarAway? I wanted to build base for centrifuges

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

You already have tons of land at spawn to build. Yeah you can build underground and even my setup shows it can be built in a small space. It just takes tons of power and resources to build. Plus you said yourself you bought out Carlos reactor Fuel Rods and have several stacks.

FarAway is for _NEW_ players. No quarries. I don't want FarAway to be like spawn where players squeeze out the new players.

Even I'm planning to tear down my reactor to keep my footprint at a minimal. After completing the centrifuge cascade, hydro LV generators give better power.

There is plenty of space on the server to build. As a veteran player you should be starting your own settlement based on FarAway's success. Pick a spot, build center, build roads, build shop, invite new players to build, THEN petition Regulus to build his shops and place a hyperloop station on the main loop.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Problem child explosion. Autumn_Days still back and complaining he's not banned yet. Ignored Eco101's rant how he's going to kill Autumn_Days then wanted in my base for no reason. It's in lock down from A_Ds attacks. Instead he breaks in twice then hits me. I level him in return hit. Now he's break and entering trying to get at me.

F@*&ing kids. I try to help users then we get Vorheez trying to make a comeback. As killing the server once was bad enough. Just got players building and playing again and we get these 'problem children' rising hell.

I've turn my once open base into a fortress yet even blocking the doors and lava traps don't really send the message to knock it off and play nice, play elsewhere or don't play at all.

Enough is enough. Time to resurrect jail for griefers and PKers. Kill a player, warped to jail, grief.. jail. Plus it should also LOG the infraction so admins can follow up.

Also I would like to see the zero air bug crushed and running uses up air twice as fast. That would kill off these 'hyper children' faster than any defense.

Also the server is offline. Go fig.

Me Me and Me
In-game: MeMeandMe2 Regulus

by Me Me and Me » Post

Yes, the server is down. We are looking into the issue. I will give another update tomorrow.
Sorry. :(
I Love Formspecs!

Me Me and Me
In-game: MeMeandMe2 Regulus

by Me Me and Me » Post

It seems that the server is down due to a bug when someone placed a technic swiching station.

We are working on it

Code: Select all

2018-10-04 14:59:44: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 329ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:47: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 digs technic:switching_station at (-25,10,253)
2018-10-04 14:59:49: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 282ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 places node technic:switching_station at (-25,10,256)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "from_below" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/register/cables.lua:79
2018-10-04 14:59:52: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "digilines" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357
2018-10-04 14:59:52: ACTION[Main]: [playereffects] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into playereffects.mt
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'technic' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: attempt to index global 'digilines' (a nil value)
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: 	...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: in function <...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:218>

I Love Formspecs!

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Weird. Looks like digiline is involved. Too bad it doesn't give the location. Last thing I remember doing was removing uranium dust from centrifuges to shut it down. It be nice to know what they were trying to power.

Any chance to disable parts of Technics to see what triggering it? Maybe disable it part by part until the server comes back. Start with HV power draws like shield and quarries... maybe since digilines in mentioned... disable it first.

archfan7411
GitHub: archfan7411
In-game: archfan

by archfan7411 » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Weird. Looks like digiline is involved. Too bad it doesn't give the location. Last thing I remember doing was removing uranium dust from centrifuges to shut it down. It be nice to know what they were trying to power.

Any chance to disable parts of Technics to see what triggering it? Maybe disable it part by part until the server comes back. Start with HV power draws like shield and quarries... maybe since digilines in mentioned... disable it first.
Good news. The server is now back online :)

It turns out that the log file somehow became owned by root, so it was a simple manner of changing back the owner of .minetest and the issue was resolved.

In addition, vorhees' new alt(s) and Autumn_Days will be banned as soon as I can get online. I'll also take a look at the air code and see if I spot anything that might be causing the zero air bug. Additionally, I will look into jail mods - perhaps write a custom mod for the server.

Regards,
archfan

Sires
GitHub: Sires0
IRC: Sires
In-game: Sires Sores Siri Seris or anything ppl call me

by Sires » Post

vorhees needs an ip ban :) eventually she/he will run out of devices.
I don't have anything important to say.

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

There is a good jail mod on the other Mars Server. Regulus already built the jail.

I could suggest something more nasty for Vor* but anything you can use can be used against you.

At least the server is back up and running. We need Sires back to start Siresville. ;)

redhuman
In-game: redhuman

by redhuman » Post

Good, server is back. Let's settle on mars :-)
But from time to time, an error happens, this could need some more work:
"Access denied. Reason: This server has experienced an internal error. You will now be disconnected."

NetYard5

by NetYard5 » Post

Me Me and Me wrote:It seems that the server is down due to a bug when someone placed a technic swiching station.

We are working on it

Code: Select all

2018-10-04 14:59:44: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 329ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:47: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 digs technic:switching_station at (-25,10,253)
2018-10-04 14:59:49: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 282ms (longer than 200ms)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: ACTION[Server]: UltraNexoV2 places node technic:switching_station at (-25,10,256)
2018-10-04 14:59:51: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "from_below" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/register/cables.lua:79
2018-10-04 14:59:52: WARNING[Server]: Undeclared global variable "digilines" accessed at ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357
2018-10-04 14:59:52: ACTION[Main]: [playereffects] Server shuts down. Rescuing data into playereffects.mt
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod 'technic' in callback LuaABM::trigger(): ...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: attempt to index global 'digilines' (a nil value)
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2018-10-04 15:00:00: ERROR[Main]: 	...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:357: in function <...mods/technic/technic/machines/switching_station.lua:218>

So am I involved with these issues? Idk what actually happens. I was about to place a switch station next to a nuclear generator and the server crashed, or whatever it is. Everytime when I joined the server crashed, probably because I was close to the switch station. I apologizes for these...

Sires

by Sires » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:There is a good jail mod on the other Mars Server. Regulus already built the jail.

I could suggest something more nasty for Vor* but anything you can use can be used against you.

At least the server is back up and running. We need Sires back to start Siresville. ;)
Fine :P I'll try to deal with the lag.

migifg2003
In-game: migfig2003

by migifg2003 » Post

just realized you cant make normal clay from mars clay because mars clay is also set to make sticks. :(

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

archfan7411 wrote: In addition, vorhees' new alt(s) and Autumn_Days will be banned as soon as I can get online. ...

Regards,
archfan
Autumn_Days is now A_D and complained he's not IP banned yet. I didn't bother to stick around.

NetYard5

by NetYard5 » Post

Regulus, can you set an oxygen in spawn? I died multiple times because an accidental dropping spacesuit to teleporting pipetubes ._.

Sires

by Sires » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:
archfan7411 wrote: In addition, vorhees' new alt(s) and Autumn_Days will be banned as soon as I can get online. ...

Regards,
archfan
Autumn_Days is now A_D and complained he's not IP banned yet. I didn't bother to stick around.
It's starting to be annoying the fact that no one has ever tried to ip ban him -_-

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Annoying players are annoying. They know they can just get another alias time and time again.

Some players are SO annoying that some servers have IP banned entire countries.

Eco101 has gotten so bad that he even got past the locked doors and other traps just to attack me. I left him a huge message in front of my base.. almost done when the server went down again. Assuming it's the same problem.

Trolls travel from server to server causing havoc because it brings them some satisfaction. I end up being the target because I know I can deal with them. It draws their ire away from other less experience players who don't need this sh!t.

Still I rather help new players because it helps build the server. More players the more eyes on these problem children... if they report them and admins respond. It will change once jail mod is running with /setspawn [playername] for repeat offenders so they can't simply /spawn their way out. Once their 'FUN' is spoiled they just move on to another server and another victim. Maybe if server admins actually start talking to each other, these trolls will have less and less places to be their [@*(&#(@#] selves.

migifg2003

by migifg2003 » Post

the server crashing may have been partially my fault i was using the inventory interface to try to setup the crafting for a bunch of coal blocks and it lagged for a couple of seconds and then crashed.

migifg2003

by migifg2003 » Post

somebody put a force field emitter on front street and it block the whole street

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Seems everyone wants to build reactors and quarries... only I can mine faster with an OBDY pick and shovel in an hour than a quarry in one week... or even a month. Which is why people place their quarries in populated areas to keep them running. Except they destroy the area where people build and get little in return. More valuable ores are much deeper so all you're getting is mars clay with little iron and copper.

There isn't much one can do with HV other than quarries and shield generators. I was planning to use converters to power MV and LV machines but generating rector fuel rods are extremely expensive. If you're going to mine all these resources, build something more meaningful than death pits.

NetYard5

by NetYard5 » Post

I dont really know how to fix converters... they seemed doesnt works properly, can anyone help me? I places 10 converters next to each other to converts HV to MV powers for cascade. And the only converters that workin fine are 5 blocks, and the other 5 converters says it converts 0 -> 0 powers -_- sometimes it also said no network but in fact I placed 2 switching station in the network. I also digged and keep placing one by one in different places, it still gave the same words. What kind of bug is that?

redhuman
In-game: redhuman

by redhuman » Post

Michael Eh? wrote:Seems everyone wants to build reactors and quarries... only I can mine faster with an OBDY pick and shovel in an hour than a quarry in one week... or even a month. Which is why people place their quarries in populated areas to keep them running. Except they destroy the area where people build and get little in return. More valuable ores are much deeper so all you're getting is mars clay with little iron and copper.

There isn't much one can do with HV other than quarries and shield generators. I was planning to use converters to power MV and LV machines but generating rector fuel rods are extremely expensive. If you're going to mine all these resources, build something more meaningful than death pits.

It has to do with the current currency-system: you get money for digging. Earned blocks can be sold for money. Most easy way to do this is on surface.

Probably there should be a mining zone on mars into one marsianographic direction, which allows separation between new and advanced miners. Conventional mining is allowed everywhere where you can do it, advanced mining only into zone direction. Just an idea :-)

What you describe has also to do with the small coverage of spawn area. If the spawn area would be bigger, there's more range until there where new players can build and dig so-called death pits, but they have to walk more until they reach unprotected land and it's less likely you meet devastated land soon or everywhere on this big scale.
I don't understand, why players can't be guided far away to untouched places. There could be a huge non-building-zone around spawn to get (force lazy) players building at concentrated points outside, outposts or cities, whatever, as soon they arrive there.
It's good, that existing spawn acts already as an travel point. That's great!

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Quarries and machines in general need a person present for them to work. If you are just running reactors and quarries just to make cash, there is plenty of easier ways of doing it like running cobblestone generators.

Spawn has gotten pretty chewed up. I've been building FarAway as an alternative for NEW players. You want to run a quarry.. do it outside town boundaries. Keeping builds in town.

As for opening up the map, I've challenged older players to start their own areas, their own rules, get new players to build there and convince Regulus and archfan to setup their shops there and eventually a hyperloop stop. Since there is an admin wifi hypeloop node; adding more stations are possible. Just prove your settlement is worthy of one which is what I've done by revitalizing an existing location. Even the spaceport has gotten even older players to buy shuttles just to fly around it.

Expand the possibilities for growth and admin will back your efforts. Dig pits and lag the server, they'll do nothing.