Page 2 of 9

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 21:56
by Sires
Me Me and Me wrote:
Sires wrote:Whyeee, the obdy craft still doesn't works
minetest.register_craft({
output = "obdy:table",
recipe = {
{"", "", ""},
{"default:obsidian", "default:diamondblock", "diamondblock"},
{"default:steel_ingot", "default:steel_ingot", "default:steel_ingot"},
},
})
This is the only non working craft, the rest is all fine, this is the craft that blocks you from playing with obdy if it doesn't works, maybe some you can try checking if is it there at line 98 I think


Maybe replace "diamondblock" with "default:diamondblock"? I am unsure if that alone would break it though. Also, your obdy-mars fork is missing the "obdy" group definition; players can't dig your ore because of this.


I was just too lazy to do that but I wonder why huh ooh thats a reason maybe

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 21:56
by Sires
Sires wrote:
Me Me and Me wrote:
Sires wrote:Whyeee, the obdy craft still doesn't works
minetest.register_craft({
output = "obdy:table",
recipe = {
{"", "", ""},
{"default:obsidian", "default:diamondblock", "diamondblock"},
{"default:steel_ingot", "default:steel_ingot", "default:steel_ingot"},
},
})
This is the only non working craft, the rest is all fine, this is the craft that blocks you from playing with obdy if it doesn't works, maybe some you can try checking if is it there at line 98 I think


Maybe replace "diamondblock" with "default:diamondblock"? I am unsure if that alone would break it though. Also, your obdy-mars fork is missing the "obdy" group definition; players can't dig your ore because of this.


I was just too lazy to do that but I wonder why huh ooh thats a reason maybe

When I tested it worked

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 14:28
by Sires
Obdy grabbers have the obdy group def

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 16:59
by Michael Eh?
server down ... again. Maybe we need a reboot script.

Image

was thinking of rebuilding this on the server... Need Circular saw for glow traces... of course the lava lights are from Home Decor mod. Currently on ONEZ server that is now on VanessaE servers on port 30030

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2017 22:06
by Michael Eh?
Looks like the server is in constant reboot. No idea on the cause.

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 00:09
by Michael Eh?
Figures the server would calm down as the admins log in. :/

I tend to work towards show pieces that push the materials to their limits like the image above. I listed the mods used to create the effect of glowing traces in the flooring. I wanted an alien/mystic feel that what is powering the structure. Other glow crystals were to be held aloft with gold with a giant crystal as it main power at it's center.

Current Mars project is tear drop shape dome with multiple levels. The design as with all projects is worked out in local sever mode with mods close to target server with world edit to copy, paste deform to desired shape in creative mode. That way, I'm not 'guessing' too much once I get to building on the server.

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 02:25
by Michael Eh?
BTW, this is mock up of Mars Dome...

Image

You can spot failed attempt at Dragon capsule in the corner...

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:23
by Sires
Welp, I agree with Eh, we rEhally need a reboot script, since I crashed the server by the fourth time clicking in a broken hyperloop station

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:24
by Sires
Also here is antispam download https://bitbucket.org/Sires/antispam-mi ... 70a580.zip
set admin var to "archfan" and customize blacklist as you want

Type /spamlist to see the list of who spammed and type /clear_spamlist to clear it

Edit >>> I tested mod in a localhost and remove shout priv works

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:31
by Enrikoo
In Mars there is another survivalmode than the normal.

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:34
by Sires
Enrikoo wrote:In Mars there is another survivalmode than the normal.

It's not a survivalmode, it's a subgame, the default subgame is Minetest Game, this server uses the Mars Survive subgame

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 19:47
by Sires
Antispam mod update: I figured out how to don't allow someone to send a message when it's spam, so the spammer gets warned and if he keep trying to spam he looses shout until he login again and he is reported to admin by the spamlist

Edit: https://bitbucket.org/Sires/antispam-mi ... 808629.zip

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 16:45
by Michael Eh?
Since antispam mod and relogging onto the server, everything I say is echo back so it appears twice though users only see one post. So the antispam is spamming me. If it is already disabled then it did something seriously wrong.

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 23:03
by Sires
Some "bugs" and stuff:
Useless mods
  • Compressor mod adds only the carbon, not the compressor
  • Extranodes don't add any craftable thing
  • Digiboard completely useless since it doesn't adds anything craftable, may be a bug
Suggestions
  • Add digistuff mod, pretty cool, or fix digiboard, it's cool too

Smartshop does not protect the rented blocks, but if I put a protection block who rents can't use what he/she rented

And the craft for clay is overlaped by the sticks craft, maybe some admin could change it to 2 mars clays resulting in 2 normal clays

Aviator can be placed in protected areas

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2017 17:20
by Sires
I tested antispam mod and what MichaelEh said isn't happening for me, tested both single and multi -player, the uppercase detector works fine in single/multi -player too, since no problems are happening when I test it I think it may be an **engine deficiency**, if you understand what I indirectly say archfan :)

So, to prevent **engine deficiencies** I'll be putting the link for the download page, not the direct download since it may change, also setted the message limit to 140: https://bitbucket.org/Sires/antispam-mi ... downloads/

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 05:17
by zargulthewizard
Just tried the server today. Thx, Regulus!

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 18:30
by Sires
[Nevermind me no prob I'm already moving the rooms]
[deleted]

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 01:04
by Sires
OH NO PLZ STOP CHANGING THE PROTECTION BLOCK RADIUS!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY FOR SPAM BUT ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Back to normal
Like many players in server have adapted to the 7 radius protection block after changing it... 2 times
Plz get back to 7, it's so annoying rebulding entire structures just because of protection radius changes '-' :O o.0

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 01:27
by zargulthewizard
I just never got far enough to need to protect my stuff on servers. I don't play online much. Like playing in worlds where the infini-inventory alter-ego creative version of me has already built a house with machinery and such so I don't need to scrape rusters to survive. But, once in survival, I really try to do without the /giveme command. I have gotten more like this recently. Occasionally, however, I have synthed (/giveme-ed) stuff like mese or mesecons 'cause the hv quarry (use with pipeworks for fully automated mine!) hadn't quite gotten deep enough yet.

What were we talking about?

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 13:27
by Sires
zargulthewizard wrote:I just never got far enough to need to protect my stuff on servers. I don't play online much. Like playing in worlds where the infini-inventory alter-ego creative version of me has already built a house with machinery and such so I don't need to scrape rusters to survive. But, once in survival, I really try to do without the /giveme command. I have gotten more like this recently. Occasionally, however, I have synthed (/giveme-ed) stuff like mese or mesecons 'cause the hv quarry (use with pipeworks for fully automated mine!) hadn't quite gotten deep enough yet.

What were we talking about?


I was talking about the protection block radius changes, you may not have to protect ur stuff but 90% of the ppl in the server do, I'm making rooms to each player in my team(OCWC), but the protection block radius is being constantly changed so I have to make the rooms smaller and then bigger again and move them because the is protection overlaps and ITS A NIGHTMARE

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 02:46
by zargulthewizard
Overlapping protection. Ah, now I understand your frustration. This is why everyone should use the "areas" mod instead. Why do servers use protection blocks? To keep people from protecting ridiculously large areas? Couldn't the protection blocks have an adjustable value with a max value in the code?

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 02:38
by Me Me and Me
Sires wrote:OH NO PLZ STOP CHANGING THE PROTECTION BLOCK RADIUS!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY FOR SPAM BUT ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Back to normal
Like many players in server have adapted to the 7 radius protection block after changing it... 2 times
Plz get back to 7, it's so annoying rebulding entire structures just because of protection radius changes '-' :O o.0


We apologize for the inconveniences. We have adjusted the radius three times due to players requesting it, but now in an effort to keep the value stable we have decided we will keep it at 6 for the forseeable future. You can, alternatively, contract an admin to protect it for you with areas if archfan or I are online.

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 21:21
by Michael Eh?
Jetpacks don't work. Tried and built one. Right clicked, jetpack disappears, countdown timer of 5 seconds appears, jumped, jumped again... again. Time up, no pack, no flight, no trying again.

Sand City Towers is progressing faster than I expected which is good so I can get back to Mars Dome sooner than later. Lobby is nearly done. Harvesting sand under the building for materials for the structure. Really pushing circular saw materials. Its a question will it hold air though.

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 04:46
by Me Me and Me
Michael Eh? wrote:Jetpacks don't work. Tried and built one. Right clicked, jetpack disappears, countdown timer of 5 seconds appears, jumped, jumped again... again. Time up, no pack, no flight, no trying again.


There was a discussion about this on the Flight Modpack thread, it's been a source of confusion for many users. You need to have fly enabled in order to take advantage of the mod granting you the privilege.

Re: [Server] Regulus: A Mars Server

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 23:27
by Sires
Me Me and Me wrote:
Sires wrote:OH NO PLZ STOP CHANGING THE PROTECTION BLOCK RADIUS!!!!!!!!!!! SORRY FOR SPAM BUT ITS NOT ACCEPTABLE. Back to normal
Like many players in server have adapted to the 7 radius protection block after changing it... 2 times
Plz get back to 7, it's so annoying rebulding entire structures just because of protection radius changes '-' :O o.0


We apologize for the inconveniences. We have adjusted the radius three times due to players requesting it, but now in an effort to keep the value stable we have decided we will keep it at 6 for the forseeable future. You can, alternatively, contract an admin to protect it for you with areas if archfan or I are online.



Lel I wonder how u can still answer in a gentle way after all dat spam xD