In-game: maikerumine

delete thread

by maikerumine » Post

DISCONTINUED.

please go here:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

Fresh and CRISPY server.

Prologue:
Hardcore survival with instant gratification. You will immediately be hunted by mobs right from the start, so you must MOVE! Each mob shall drop a unique item as well as a weapon, you can survive if you learn to fight the mobs and find shelter. You will be on your toes and at times it will seem like excessive work, after all this is hardcore survival. If you team together it can make things easier. There are many methods of game play, there are villages on the map that you can make as your temporary bases while you hunt mobs and collect loot. You can PVP each other at your own discretion, if someone asks you to stop killing them, then please stop killing them and go fight mobs..

Mods:

Gameplay:
There are villages, mines, random chests, and pathways that weave throughout the DANGEROUS landscape. It should be challenging enough to create a base and protect it with all the mobs running about.
Important:
I changed the way TNT, FIRE, and LAVA work… The city_block mod prevents placement of liquids as well as deactivates the node removal of tnt. Fire is off, so you shall never worry about your wool homes getting burned. Mobs still spawn on most nodes, you will never be safe! Items placed on spawn will disappear, please build off the cobble pad.

Rules:
Not too many, except:
No building over others builds.
No spamming.
No hacking.
No cheating.
No saying bad words, like pee and poop. Keep it civil.
No Public Dating or any sexual conversation whatsoever.
No cyber-stalking.
No intentional crashing of the server due to bug or exploits.

Admins:
NONE. Police yourselves.

I.P. = 23.28.87.79
PORT: 30000

https://discord.gg/4FwBcbh

Game Info here----V
Located here:
Browse crappy code
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5
Download
https://github.com/maikerumine/ESM5/archive/master.zip
Attachments
20171124_mods.png
20171124_mods.png (48.6 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
icon.png
icon.png (8.15 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Last edited by maikerumine on Thu Dec 24, 2020 19:40, edited 7 times in total.
Talamh Survival Minetest-->viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12959

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: [SERVER][GAME]Extreme Survival Minetest [0.5.0-Dev]

by BBmine » Post

So this is the replacement for ESM city? I'll have to check it out sometime.

Fixer
IRC: Fixer
In-game: Fixer

by Fixer » Post

I have a problem with camera position that is below my foot, 0.5.0-dev f7733f41.
I remember there were some changes with camera positions recently.
Note: 0.5.0-dev is quite experimental at the moment, things may break, that's expected.

BBmine
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

by BBmine » Post

Fixerol wrote:I have a problem with camera position that is below my foot, 0.5.0-dev f7733f41.
That's opposite what happened to me when I got banned from HT :P

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

I can join this server too, hehe :P

maikerumine
GitHub: maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Fixerol wrote:I have a problem with camera position that is below my foot, 0.5.0-dev f7733f41.
Note: 0.5.0-dev is quite experimental at the moment, things may break, that's expected.
Try using minetest-0.5.0-3cea7a3-win64, it is the latest before protocol change.

maikerumine

Re: [SERVER] Extreme Survival Minetest [ESM5]

by maikerumine » Post

Eh... there is a broken, server crashes now when you dig dirt. :/

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

Hello maike!

I think I have found some inconsistency with the hud messages during the gameplay. In the area protected by someone else, where I cannot build or dig, I see yellow distinguished sentece "you can build here".

btw. I can connect with the 0.5.0-3cea7a3-win64 client build and can not connect with any newer version. With this build I can connect to all servers, but with the recent build I can connect only to just a few. I guess that is something common ;)
Attachments
esm5_possible_inconsistency.jpg
esm5_possible_inconsistency.jpg (63.94 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

parasite wrote:Hello maike!

I think I have found some inconsistency with the hud messages during the gameplay. In the area protected by someone else, where I cannot build or dig, I see yellow distinguished sentece "you can build here".

btw. I can connect with the 0.5.0-3cea7a3-win64 client build and can not connect with any newer version. With this build I can connect to all servers, but with the recent build I can connect only to just a few. I guess that is something common ;)
Yes, The server is using both areas and protector, you were in a main spawn area or major axis, those are protected. Also, i use sfans build : minetest-0.5.0-3cea7a3-win64 it is the only one which straddles both v0.4.16 and 0.5.0.

Currently the server is down for maintenance.

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Hello, been a long time aye?!
Anyway, ESM2 is up and running with a few updates.

There are a few bugs, if you post them here that would be nice.

Player physics is wonky over snow, sand, and water and needs to be rewritten.
running on sfan's build: minetest-5.0.0-ca502fc-win64

Remember: This is supposed to be a difficult game.
Attachments
longtime.png
longtime.png (19.44 KiB) Viewed 1383 times

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

Apparently rpg.gameplayer.club has STOLEN my ESM5 subgame and hosted it.

I demand a takedown, you are poaching my content. Please make your own subgame and host that.

Thankyou.

DuDraig
IRC: DuDraig
In-game: DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

How do you place water so that you can make farm fields? It keeps telling me to not place water above 0 using a bucket. Since this isn't Denmark, farms are going to be above 0.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

DuDraig wrote:How do you place water so that you can make farm fields? It keeps telling me to not place water above 0 using a bucket. Since this isn't Denmark, farms are going to be above 0.
IF you are on his server, you need assistance from an admin/mod.

If you are referring to a singleplayer world, I think you could edit lines in /mods/ es/ antigrief.lua or /mods/es/extra.lua which set the y value at which some of the liquid type nodes can be placed. Look for lines containing

Code: Select all

if pos.y>0 then
and change 0 to something greater. I am not a coder and haven't tried this.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

dawgdoc wrote:IF you are on his server, you need assistance from an admin/mod.
This is the forum for the server so, of course, I mean the server.
As stated in the OP:
Admins:
NONE. Police yourselves.
I have yet to see an admin on this server.

dawgdoc
GitHub: dawgdoc

by dawgdoc » Post

I can think of at least 3 ways to create farm fields if you are not able to get admin help. But, you must have ruled them out already since placing water is not needed for any of them. I've seen maike use at least two of them in videos from his ESM4 servers.
Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Give a kid a fish, it's going to die.

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

The server's been down for days. Any prognosis?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

DuDraig wrote:The server's been down for days. Any prognosis?
It seems my firewall started to block the game engine. All fixed now. :)

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

maikerumine wrote:
DuDraig wrote:The server's been down for days. Any prognosis?
It seems my firewall started to block the game engine. All fixed now. :)
Many thanks.

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

You can not craft steel boots. The recipe for 3d_armor:boots_steel is the same as the recipe for steel:grate_soft.

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

I wonder if the gem part of the recipes for travelnet:elevator and travelnet:travelnet are reversed. The elevator takes a ruby block while the travelnet takes both an emerald block and two infinium ingots. Emerald is available below -1,000m while ruby is available below -3,000m making the more restrictive elevator much harder to craft. Infinium is available from below -4,000m so, if you have to wait until -3,000m for 18 rubies to craft two elevators, why not just go down 1,000m more to get the materials for the much more powerful travelent? It seems that the elevator should require the easier to mine emerald and the travelnet should require the ruby that is much closer to the also required infinium.

Or, perhaps there is another reason for this?

maikerumine

by maikerumine » Post

DuDraig wrote:You can not craft steel boots. The recipe for 3d_armor:boots_steel is the same as the recipe for steel:grate_soft.
Fixed the boots and made elevator a tad harder to make. :)

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

maikerumine wrote:...and made elevator a tad harder to make. :)
<thud> My point was that the elevator was already much too hard to craft compared to the much more powerful travelnet. Before, you had to mine down to -3,000m to get 18 rubies to make your first two elevators compared to mining down to -4,000m to get 4 infinium ingots to make two of the far more powerful travelnets.

Now you have to mine down to -4,000m to get the Airkerum to craft either the elevator or the travelnet. This eliminates the usefulness of the more restrictive elevator. I would think that the elevator should only require emeralds from -1,000m, and the much more powerful travelnet would require materials from -4,000m.

Is there a reason why the elevator must be as difficult to craft as the travelnet?

parasite

by parasite » Post

Hi!
Unfortunately, I have to complain about the huge lag I have when digging in the mine or when collecting crops. This must be related to the massive generation of entites all around in these situations. It is very annoying to manually collect every single item-ores that falls on the ground. If I stand in the place where cobble-entities are located, it will be added to the inventory automatically after some time, but ores will not. Often torches light up the area 3-10 sec after I place it. When the toxic sources are close to me in the mine, I get delayed damage. It is very difficult to find out exactly where the toxic sources really are. If I die I see a few death messages, and if I do /home, I stil get damage in home (but in most cases /home not works then becouse I died a several seconds earlier but my client did not receive that fact from the server). The same is when I will retreat to the initial part of the tunnel (where there was no toxic sources around) - I still get the damage there and left bones there. This all will not happend when I will not mine (not dig and then not generating entities of cobble and ores), so that's why I see a correlation between item-drop behavior and lag.

The same happens when collecting wheat. 99 wheat and 99 seed items appear on the field after cutting the wheat, slowing down the game. For a few minutes these items are adding up one by one to the inventory and at the time I can`t do nothing else - I can`t collect other things, open the chest, etc. All inventory jobs are delayed. That is hard to fight mobs then lol

Is there any serious reason why there is an item-drop behavior in the game? I realize that such a lag is probably my individual experience and other players can have a lot of smooth fun, but nevertheless I would like to ask if there is any possibility to reduce this demanding load? If you need this item-drop, I will understand ;)

maikerumine wrote:Fixed the boots and made elevator a tad harder to make. :)

Are you sure?
Attachments
drops.png
drops.png (245.12 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
boots.png
boots.png (22.36 KiB) Viewed 1383 times
Last edited by parasite on Fri Nov 23, 2018 21:40, edited 2 times in total.

DuDraig

by DuDraig » Post

parasite wrote:Hi!
Unfortunately, I have to complain about the huge lag...
I hadn't brought that up yet because I assumed it was already being worked on as a high priority. It seems to be a data access and update lag instead of a network or comm lag. However, while certain types of functions lag, like many dropped objects while digging or speed clicking while crafting more than 30 objects, other functions do not lag at the same time. This indicates it is more than just entity load.

The main causes of death I've experienced (radioactivity underground - grrrrrrr!, and mob fights) are primarily because of the lag. You carefully watch your health while fighting or being exposed to radioactivity but, well before you are significantly down in health, your bones suddenly appear and you have to wait a couple of minutes for the fight or exposure actions to catch up and give you the death respawn dialog.

I've seen this exact same lag in one other v5 server (Mark Server 050 dev on Debian) and no sign of the same lag on another v5 server (Ravenchat Survival). The former drops objects like ESM5 and the latter does not. I'm not sure if entity pollution contributes to this lag. Both ESM5 and Mark Server 050 take a very long time to load and initialize.

parasite

by parasite » Post

DuDraig wrote:I hadn't brought that up yet because I assumed it was already being worked on as a high priority. It seems to be a data access and update lag
So you have the same?
Last edited by parasite on Fri Nov 23, 2018 18:14, edited 1 time in total.