Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Re: [Server] EMPOWERED FACTIONS (GRAND RELEASE)

by Stix » Post

Coder12 wrote:What happened to the faction chest? I can't find them on the crafting guide.
the crafting was removed till they can be reliably raided.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

Okay.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

There are missing items in the crafting guide like I can't make a silver pole because the item missing is default:iron_ingot its supposed to be default:steel_ingot. And there are some other weapons that use moreores:silver_ingot or moreores:silver_block which are missing items.

Stix

by Stix » Post

thats becuz moreores is removed, they shouldnt even show up in the craft guide.

usename

by usename » Post

Last edited by usename on Fri Aug 03, 2018 02:13, edited 1 time in total.
Play my game at https://protop.link/rock-it-to-space! Visit my site for information, posts, and games at https://protop.link!

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

Equilibrium will rise again. No enemy faction can keep it down.
Nope no one. I am posting this here for recruitment. If you are a soldier that plays on the CTF server and you are tough and have backbone. Plus you are able to wipe out noobs and are able to run with the pros plz join Equilibrium faction.
All jokes aside I am actually liking this server. I would recommend it to my friends if I had any friends :)
Attachments
screenshot_20180429_213007.png
screenshot_20180429_213007.png (447.85 KiB) Viewed 589 times

Stix

by Stix » Post

Coder12 wrote:Equilibrium will rise again. No enemy faction can keep it down.
Nope no one. I am posting this here for recruitment. If you are a soldier that plays on the CTF server and you are tough and have backbone. Plus you are able to wipe out noobs and are able to run with the pros plz join Equilibrium faction.
All jokes aside I am actually liking this server. I would recommend it to my friends if I had any friends :)
*Scans screenshot for evidence of where it was taken*
*EDIT: i could keep it down if i could find all your bases :P unfortunately im losing atm as i cant play mt as much anymore.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

What I made sure not to leave any thing in the screenshot that may show my position. You gonna have to hire agents to join my team and try to get my base position :) Or get your best scouts to try to trace where this photo was taken. and for today I am looking for bases to destroy. You better hope I don't find yours my friend :P

PETE
GitHub: PETE
In-game: PETE-Randomizer

by PETE » Post

Man nice server I will give this server a test it reminds me of an old server its really coool
Whats the trick? I wish I knew

Stix

by Stix » Post

While moderating/playing on the Empowered Factions server I’ve noticed that there’s not enough action, besides base raiding (usually done when the base’s owners are offline). I’ve come to the realization that the problem isn’t the players, but that its simply more profitable to raid bases than risk getting killed in combat. So after much thinking I believe Ive come up with a solution to the problem. Intrigued you say? Well then lets get started!

OK right off the bat we need to change the requirements for being the top faction from cash, to overall power, which encourages fighting to lower the enemies’ power. You’re probably immediately pointing out that bigger factions can have more power, giving them an advantage, which is exactly why I’m suggesting we also change the power system:

1. Only factions can have power, not players (so no multiplying power as players join a team).

2. Instead of the power bar reading as: 18/18/17; it will now use a more self-intuitive one: 7/50 (notice the chosen power limit)

3. All factions have equal power limits, no longer do larger factions have a power advantage.

Since power only goes down with deaths, factions will be killing each other trying to get the upper hand! But no - we aren’t finished yet! - we still have work to do! We still need to give another reason for fighting, so I present you with: the Monuments!
“What are those”, you say? Well, I’m glad you asked! This one is a bit long-winded, but if your persistent you can make it!:

1. There are four Monuments, each having a corresponding marker on the HUD (which also displays the current owner), you can also see the beam of light the power beacon array gives off from afar.

2. Each Monument can be claimed with a death-banner, which would be placed on a diamond block in the center of the build.

3. When placing a death-banner it will take 5 minutes to be constructed which will be signified by a progress bar (it can be destroyed while being constructed so be sure to guard it)

4. When destroying a death-banner that’s under construction deal damage to it with a sword or TNT ‘til its progress bar goes down to 0%.

5. A constructed death-banner will have a health bar (40 hp); to destroy it you can damage it with a sword or TNT.

6. When claiming a Monument you can cover your banner with obsidian to make it harder to destroy.

7. If your death-banner is destroyed you lose control of that Monument.

8. For every Monument you control the rate at which you recharge power increases by ½.

9. When a Monument is claimed it’s protected with only that team having access (they can only destroy blocks they place on it though); to blow up the obsidian you’ll have to use a TNT-cannon (TNT will respect the main structure).

10. When your death-banner has been destroyed, you have to wait one minute to try to claim it again (but you cant claim bases that currently have a banner on it).

And that’s it! A two-part solution to the current lack of combat on Empowered Factions!
Last edited by Stix on Fri May 04, 2018 15:45, edited 1 time in total.

usename

by usename » Post

Last edited by usename on Fri Aug 03, 2018 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
Play my game at https://protop.link/rock-it-to-space! Visit my site for information, posts, and games at https://protop.link!

Stix

by Stix » Post

Two more points:

1. Death-banners slowly regenerate health over time (the same rate as a player).

2. Death-banners will not regen health if that factions power is below 10.

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

Wait ain't Death-banners supposed to drain power? Because I was able to place one on the rangers factions land before.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Coder12 wrote:Wait ain't Death-banners supposed to drain power? Because I was able to place one on the rangers factions land before.
maybe, but im suggesting a complete change in there use.
*EDIT: ofc they could be used for both.
Last edited by Stix on Fri May 04, 2018 20:41, edited 1 time in total.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Please add this mod: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=17587&hilit=multihome
Description: allows players to set multiple homes.

usename

by usename » Post

Coder12

by Coder12 » Post

Thank you usename and my fans. I don't know what to say at the winning ceremony. Hmmm maybe I should write a speech first.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Coder12 wrote:Thank you usename and my fans. I don't know what to say at the winning ceremony. Hmmm maybe I should write a speech first.
aww id have won if we had active members :(
anyways, GG on your victory!
*EDIT: hopefully ill have more time for minetest once school break comes around.

usename

by usename » Post

Stix

by Stix » Post

a couple requests:

1. keep the original power meter system, now that i understand what all the numbers mean it works great, but for a new player they wont understand it so maybe when typing in "/f power" you'll get this response:
claims/power/maxpower 4/17/50.

2. Make papyrus and cactus worth more money and add *potions to the shop.

3. every player starts with $1k and a craftguide.

4. when a player starts a faction it automatically starts with 10 power.
Last edited by Stix on Mon May 07, 2018 18:51, edited 1 time in total.

Stix

by Stix » Post

a mod request: playeranim adds better animation to players arm and head, the animations are slow (because there server side) but you can see exactly where the enemy is looking, use the latest .zip not github, the github version is outdated: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=12189&hilit=playeranim

Stix

by Stix » Post

a few requests:

1. re-add sheep and rats and sell there spawners at shop (they would be tier 1 spawners so they would give less mese and would be cheaper).

2. make crops geowable by torchlight (but they will grow faster by meselamp light.

3. add watermelons from farming redo and add these to the shop at spawn (ppl can make money off of them):
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9019

4. add bonemeal: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=16446&hilit=bonemeal

Stix

by Stix » Post

Whats the status on the transfer to the new provider?

Stix

by Stix » Post

Ive realized that at only 40hp the best swords in the game can 2-shot the death-banner, so i suggest 60hp instead.

Stix

by Stix » Post

BTW: @usename would you consider adding a IRC channel for the server? That way we dont have to actually join the game to see whats going on, amd it will make keeping a track of things going on 10 times easier.