[Server] Metis

mineboy

[Server] Metis

by mineboy » Post

Hallo,

ich habe ein paar neue Minetest-Server aufgesetzt. Die Webseite metis.librecontent.de ist die Anlaufstelle für diese Server. Am Anfang werde ich noch viel testen, ich bitte dies zu entschuldigen. Leider wird nur ein Server in der öffentlichen Serverliste aufgenommen. Anscheinend wird nur ein Server pro IP akzeptiert.

Metis (minetest - Cre Pwd Far)
Server: librecontent.de
Port 30000

Metis - Tutorial (Tutorial)
Port: 30001

Metis - Lord of the Test (Lord of the Test - Dmg PvP Pwd)
Port: 30002

Metis - Moontest (Moontest - Cre Pwd Far)
Port: 30003

Des Weiteren möchte ich weitere Minetest-Server aufsetzen.
Diese Server sollen speziell für den Bereich Bildung sein.
Also wer Vorschläge, Tipps für Mods, Welten, Servereinstellungen für die Bildung hat, immer her damit.

Grüße
mineboy

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

Re: [Server] Metis

by JiCeyCraft » Post

You have to reset your "Lord of the Test" server... Too many Ents at the spawn. You can't play. :/
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

mineboy wrote: Des Weiteren möchte ich weitere Minetest-Server aufsetzen.
Diese Server sollen speziell für den Bereich Bildung sein.
Es ist ratsam, erst mal *einen* Server richtig aufzusetzen und damit ein wenig zu üben. Oft wird so ein Server von Spielern besucht, und die...machen dann mehr oder weniger Arbeit :-)
mineboy wrote: Also wer Vorschläge, Tipps für Mods, Welten, Servereinstellungen für die Bildung hat, immer her damit.
Falls das Projekt noch läuft: Es gibt etliche passende Threads hier im Forum und mehrere hilfreiche Mods. Einfach mal etwas suchen (v.a. auch mit passenden englischen Begriffen).
A list of my mods can be found here.

SpinKitty

by SpinKitty » Post

I just discovered the "Lord of the Test" server, and I'm loving it. (I don't speak German, so I may miss some things.) I wish I could do a /sethome so that I could wander but still get back to where I store my stuff. Also, is it possible to change my avatar from male to female? I didn't know to change that setting before I hit the button selecting player type. I play as spinkitty.
cdb_5563d58744e6

talamh

by talamh » Post

SpinKitty wrote:I just discovered the "Lord of the Test" server, and I'm loving it. (I don't speak German, so I may miss some things.) I wish I could do a /sethome so that I could wander but still get back to where I store my stuff. Also, is it possible to change my avatar from male to female? I didn't know to change that setting before I hit the button selecting player type. I play as spinkitty.
When I logged on for the first time I was given the option of selecting gender, doesn't seem to be any way to change it after that. If there is a way to change skin then I can't find it!
The server keeps crashing, max server up time I saw was about 90 seconds. There is a hole directly below the spawn point so when you log on you will take damage, when you die you will respawn and into the hole you go for more damage!
Sokomine wrote: Es ist ratsam, erst mal *einen* Server richtig aufzusetzen und damit ein wenig zu üben. Oft wird so ein Server von Spielern besucht, und die...machen dann mehr oder weniger Arbeit :-)
Sokomine wrote: It is advisable to first set up * a * server properly and practice a little. Often, such a server is visited by players, and the ... then do more or less work :-)
Not going to find any flaws in that advice!

Didn't try the other servers but from what I saw the "Lord of the Test" one is one to avoid (for now at least).

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

Moon server is griefed all to hell. Some moron with water and lavas builds towers an bombed most of landscape.
Spawn is impassable with many UFOs and water/lava. Spawn has become a pit. Building a floor at spawn but it's not pretty. Need to Clear Objects to get rid of UFOs

Michael Eh?

by Michael Eh? » Post

CAUGHT Thaman986 in the _ACT_ of griefing by building towers the dropping water/lava as he approached new spawn. Cornered and trapped him for good I hope. If you spot him on the other servers ... harass and IP ban the little %#^^*^@ jerk. He left quite a trail of destruction and did my best to clean up.

boxinnabox
In-game: boxinnabox

by boxinnabox » Post

The biggest problem on this server are protected areas.

In theory, protected areas reduce griefing, but in practice, protected areas are the most severe form of griefing.

Nowhere is this more apparent than within the massive volcano of lava and water that has been growing over the spawn point. The interior of this volcano is dense with protected areas where you cannot dig, which you cannot pass, and within which you can become trapped. These areas protect nothing but inaccessible ruins flooded with water and lava-rock. Ordinarily it would be difficult to dig oneself out from this, but with the protected areas it becomes alarming as one comes to realize that he might never escape.

I have tried for hours to dig purposely into the volcano to allow for players to escape more easily, but I am always thwarted by the impenetrable protected areas. At one point, I got severely lost and was almost unable to escape, because there were protected areas in all directions through which I could not tunnel.

A less severe but still unfortunate consequence of the protected areas is that it makes grief permanent and irreversible. As a player explores the world, they often are unable to make repairs to structures either to restore them aesthetically, or in the case of roads, tunnels, and bridges, to remove obstructions or fill gaps.

Yet another problem with protected areas they are inappropriate on a server that lacks moderator supervision. Metis is fundamentally a dynamic world, and as players come and go, the world must be able to be adapted by new players to suit new needs. Protected areas impose stasis on the world in ways that prevent players to make constructive contributions in the complex and densely built landscape.