Page 3 of 3

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 01:48
by Sokomine
Gundul wrote:As long as protectors do not overlap they can be placed as close as possible to each other.

That's really very tricky with the protectors according to my experience. Perhaps things have changed.

Gundul wrote:There are no gaps and no one dies by reading a sign.

I do use a slightly larger font so that it becomes easier to read text. However, if the sign carries a very long text, not all of that text is shown. The only way for me is to right-click the sign and read the rest of the text in the formspec. When closing the formspec, the hurt-the-player-mod tries to kill me (and will eventually do so). So, yes, dying from reading a sign is easily possible.

Gundul wrote:There is also the area mod for protection. Area_low_limits priv will be granted if I see someone is a serious and trustworthy player.

Beeing able to use the areas mod would be very helpful. It might still be tricky to build in that spot as my poor neighbours will have trouble locating all the protectors and adding me. The protector mod in general isn't bad for the server - it fits well for all these small outposts of Lilly and is good enough for small settlements by players in the wilderness. It's just not good for building a bit larger (though some players manage somehow) and in tight corners.

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2019 06:34
by Gundul
Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote:There are no gaps and no one dies by reading a sign.

I do use a slightly larger font so that it becomes easier to read text. However, if the sign carries a very long text, not all of that text is shown. The only way for me is to right-click the sign and read the rest of the text in the formspec. When closing the formspec, the hurt-the-player-mod tries to kill me (and will eventually do so). So, yes, dying from reading a sign is easily possible.

I do not belive that is a very common way to read signs. But the easy solution is look that you are well fed and at good health before reading then :)
That turns possibilty to die into zero.

Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote:There is also the area mod for protection. Area_low_limits priv will be granted if I see someone is a serious and trustworthy player.

Beeing able to use the areas mod would be very helpful. It might still be tricky to build in that spot as my poor neighbours will have trouble locating all the protectors and adding me. The protector mod in general isn't bad for the server - it fits well for all these small outposts of Lilly and is good enough for small settlements by players in the wilderness. It's just not good for building a bit larger (though some players manage somehow) and in tight corners.

Protector mod and areas mod are a good combination. I run them both for years on my two servers.
Where it comes to problems is spawn. Almost everybody must crowd and herd around there while a few hundred
nodes further is plenty of land available. If people decide to build like in a bee hive that is their choice :)

Lava cooling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 05:43
by Gundul
Lava_flowing getting in touch with water will no longer only turn into stone.
Depending on what is more common around it will turn into:
    - default:stone
    - default:desert_stone
    - default:silver_sandstone

Like this and with the help of basic machines you should be able to produce
almost every building material.

Save your environment, no surface mining in Lilly's world :)

Re: Lava cooling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 08:57
by JiCeyCraft
Gundul wrote:Lava_flowing getting in touch with water will no longer only turn into stone.
Depending on what is more common around it will turn into:
    - default:stone
    - default:desert_stone
    - default:silver_sandstone

Like this and with the help of basic machines you should be able to produce
almost every building material.

Save your environment, no surface mining in Lilly's world :)


Is it possible to have animals and monsters on the server?

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 09:54
by Pyrollo
Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote:There are no gaps and no one dies by reading a sign.

I do use a slightly larger font so that it becomes easier to read text. However, if the sign carries a very long text, not all of that text is shown. The only way for me is to right-click the sign and read the rest of the text in the formspec. When closing the formspec, the hurt-the-player-mod tries to kill me (and will eventually do so). So, yes, dying from reading a sign is easily possible.


Are the signs from display_modpack ? This behavior could be considered as a bug.

Re: Lava cooling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:06
by Gundul
JiCeyCraft wrote:Is it possible to have animals and monsters on the server?


You are still sure that there aren't any ?

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:09
by Gundul
Pyrollo wrote:
Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote:There are no gaps and no one dies by reading a sign.

I do use a slightly larger font so that it becomes easier to read text. However, if the sign carries a very long text, not all of that text is shown. The only way for me is to right-click the sign and read the rest of the text in the formspec. When closing the formspec, the hurt-the-player-mod tries to kill me (and will eventually do so). So, yes, dying from reading a sign is easily possible.


Are the signs from display_modpack ? This behavior could be considered as a bug.


No bug. So sorry, it was my own fault, forgot to turn die_by_reading_signs to false.

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 14:14
by Pyrollo
Gundul wrote:No bug. So sorry, it was my own fault, forgot to turn die_by_reading_signs to false.


Too bad, I don't have enough bugs to solve on display_modpack :p

Re: Lava cooling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 14:16
by JiCeyCraft
Gundul wrote:
JiCeyCraft wrote:Is it possible to have animals and monsters on the server?


You are still sure that there aren't any ?


*facehoof!* Somepony who has found my neurons, bring them back to me, please?
Well, where I have landed (testing servers, that is), I did not notice one. Maybe I should stay longer?

Re: Lava cooling

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 18:23
by Gundul
JiCeyCraft wrote:
Gundul wrote:
JiCeyCraft wrote:Is it possible to have animals and monsters on the server?


You are still sure that there aren't any ?


*facehoof!* Somepony who has found my neurons, bring them back to me, please?
Well, where I have landed (testing servers, that is), I did not notice one. Maybe I should stay longer?


Code: Select all
2019-01-31 15:34:09: ACTION[Server]: JiCeyCraft [XXXXXXXX] joins game.
...
2019-01-31 15:42:13: ACTION[Server]: JiCeyCraft leaves game.


guess so

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2019 18:31
by Gundul
Pyrollo wrote:
Gundul wrote:No bug. So sorry, it was my own fault, forgot to turn die_by_reading_signs to false.


Too bad, I don't have enough bugs to solve on display_modpack :p


I could make a pull request if you need some :D

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2019 17:20
by Gundul
Lilly's story goes on. Just finished the next part.

Have fun with it

Gundul

artificial coral skeletons

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 15:59
by Gundul
today added a little coral tweak:

craft 3 default:silver_sandstone and 1 default:coral_skeleton to
4 lilly:artificial_skeleton.

Place them next to living coral in the water and with a little luck and
patience they will become living coral again. The coral itself will
chose it's color.

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2019 17:46
by Troodon
nice serveur

Interkom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 08:32
by Gundul
use /stuff to exchange things with people on Jungle server.
Now with gui !

https://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=21725#p344202

Server update to 5.0

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 15:58
by Gundul
Server update to Minetest 5.0
update your clients or no connection is possible anymore

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 16:21
by Gundul
updated server software to minetest 5.1.0dev

Gundul

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 20:36
by Sokomine
Have any further traces of Lilly been found recently?

Re: [Server] Lilly in the valley

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 15:52
by Gundul
Sokomine wrote:Have any further traces of Lilly been found recently?


I think I have seen some development :)