[Server] AfterWorld

scottwolff
In-game: scottwolff or some variant of iasiney

[Server] AfterWorld

by scottwolff » Post

The server is open to the public with stable mods and screen in mods from suggestions from players.

Server Name: AfterWorld
Server Address: gameplay.ddns.net
Port: 30000

Description: 4000 years in the future, generations past are once again able to venture out into the post apocalyptic surface of the earth.

We pretty much used the same rules as Pixel Shadow's minetest.tv.

Rules:
No Griefing
No Stealing
No Inconsiderate Object/Build Placement
No Swearing, Chat Flooding, Personal Attacks Against Players or Admins
Respect Server Resources
Do Not Phish For Real Life Info
Land Is Free
Protect Only What Is Yours
Noclip is Not Allowed, So Don't Ask For It (except for enforcement of rules by admins/mods)
Do Not Ask To Be Admin

Please feel free to leave suggestions of mods to add to the game in a post in this thread.

Please stay tuned for more information.

scottwolff

Re: [Server] AfterWorld

by scottwolff » Post

Notice to Players.

Start: 2018-03-12 03:00 UTC
End: 2018-03-12 09:00 UTC

Hello,

During the above window the network engineering team will be performing maintenance on core networking equipment. This is an urgent maintenance to perform necessary software upgrades to network infrastructure, to preserve the reliability and stability of our network.

Expected Impact: We expect there to be no noticeable impact, however; you may experience brief periods of increased latency and a small amount of packet loss lasting up to 2 minutes as traffic is re-routed.

Approximately 30 minutes prior to the maintenance we will post an update on status.digitalocean.com and periodic updates will follow as work progresses.

Do not hesitate to contact support if you have any additional questions or concerns. You may do so by opening a ticket, or by replying to this email.

Kind Regards,
DigitalOcean Network Team

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

Screenshots of the work folks are doing on server that I didn't do as much ;)
Little villagey
Little villagey
screenshot_20180319_104849.jpg (321.49 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Spawny
Spawny
screenshot_20180319_104857.jpg (250.48 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Nice windmill :)
Nice windmill :)
screenshot_20180319_104601.jpg (304.74 KiB) Viewed 597 times

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Sorry that i post it here insted of sending a privMsg, but that feature is appearently still locked to me.
The user Iiola has repeatedly shown high agresion and attcked other users on sight without provocation, they have abused protection blocks to make it imposible to retrieve items from the bones, they have abused protection blocks to make travel net stations unusable, they have vandalised builds by diging holes directly behind doorways and blocking various paths.
Upon placing protection on my house which made it imposible for them to use my elevator system, later even adding a travelnet station directly to the underground cavern so they didn't require it, they boxed my house in with protection blocks.
my house
my house
daren_house _vandalized.jpg (475.46 KiB) Viewed 597 times
Such behavior violates the rules of the server and therefor i reqest that at very least thier protection privilage is removed and thier curent protections are removed.
Thank you for your time.

m1000

by m1000 » Post

Yep, the windmill has been griefed too with water.

Also somehow liola managed to spawn a lot of lava monsters and oerkki above my area. But in that case I don't mind (got 50 obsidian) and wander if it was a hack or a legal in-game possibility (it could be useful for farming purposes)?

m1000

by m1000 » Post

It seems that liola discovered lava and isn't going to stop...
screenshot_20180403_204409.png
screenshot_20180403_204409.png (513.13 KiB) Viewed 597 times

PurpleOne
In-game: PurpleOne

by PurpleOne » Post

Sorry about the mess guys. All her protection over your areas have been removed. I repaired the damage that happened to any homes and areas that she touched. Things should be the way they should be now. I banned her for 3 days, so hopefully she understands.

Skamiz Kazzarch
GitHub: Skamiz
In-game: Skamiz

by Skamiz Kazzarch » Post

Thank you. Much appriciated.
Just one thing. When you travel to the 'Red city' travelnet station and than take the elevator directly oposing it to the lowest station, there is still one of her protections blocking the eixit.

m1000

by m1000 » Post

Thanks.

I must admit that without liola's work my place became darker at night. But I guess I can live with that :)

scottwolff

by scottwolff » Post

I am here today to report that as of yesterday, AfterWorld is closed for good. I would like to thank those that have participated and contributed to the server. Thank you.