[Server] King of the Hill

Devy
GitHub: DevyHeavy
In-game: devy

[Server] King of the Hill

by Devy » Post

Hello! This is a server inspired by rubenwardy's CTF server, in fact, some of his project code is used in ours.

The goal in this server is to capture and hold the hill. Upon joining the server, you'll see three waypoints: Gold team's spawn, Silver team's spawn, and the hill. To capture the hill you have to stand within a certain radius of it and then you'll see the score increment in the top right of your screen.

When one team reaches the max score (most of the time 200) then that team wins and it is on to the next map, which there are three of.

There are guns, parachutes, and grenades!

This server will continue to get upgrades and bugfixes, so expect the server to shut down once in a while.

Server IP: 168.235.81.210
Server Port: 30000

The IP will remain that way until we get our own domain.

I hope to see you on the server!

NOTE: once the game is polished a little I will post the game on Github and post the link here.
Last edited by Devy on Tue May 22, 2018 05:35, edited 1 time in total.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

Re: [Server] King of the Hill

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Looks fun. When I joined the server was having some lag problems though
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Devy

by Devy » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:Looks fun. When I joined the server was having some lag problems though
Yeah, we're hosting it on a personal computer right now. In the future, we hope to attain a VPS to run the server on. I'm going to talk to rubenwardy about it to see what he hosts his server on.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

Devy wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:Looks fun. When I joined the server was having some lag problems though
Yeah, we're hosting it on a personal computer right now. In the future, we hope to attain a VPS to run the server on. I'm going to talk to rubenwardy about it to see what he hosts his server on.
I happen to know https://www.linode.com/
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Devy

by Devy » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Devy wrote:
I happen to know https://www.linode.com/
A little expensive for me. I'm looking at this one:https://portal.nfphosting.com/cart.php? ... roduct&i=1 but I'm waiting for a reply form them since they don't specify the speeds of the disk or CPU.

Devy

by Devy » Post

Updated the server! The new IP is updated in the OP post but here is the IP and port anyway:

IP: 168.235.81.210

PORT: 30000

There are also some new features.

ratmix
In-game: ratmix

by ratmix » Post

Server offline
King of the Hill :: Modern Warfare Server RATMIX.COM:30000 | King of the Hill Community Site

Devy

by Devy » Post

ratmix wrote:Server offline
Yeah, I know. Not enough people were on it to justify keeping it going.

ratmix
In-game: ratmix

by ratmix » Post

Bummer. Could you release the code on Github? I might try it on my server.
King of the Hill :: Modern Warfare Server RATMIX.COM:30000 | King of the Hill Community Site