[Server] Glitchtest

jas

GitHub: jastevenson303
IRC: jas_
In-game: jas

[Server] Glitchtest

by jas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:47

This is an mgv7 Minetest 5.0.0-dev server running on an old machine on a slow network. It features walkie, sneak_jump, backpacks, and shop mods; as well as protector, mobs_redo, 3d_armor, and craftguide.

Address: dcbl.duckdns.org
Port: 30000
Flags: PvP, Survival
Version: 5.0.0-dev
time_speed: 1

There are books that describe different items and peculiarities of the server in-game. The beds can be used to toggle day/night.

+ Screenshots
+ Skins
+ Mods
+ Commands
Attachments
Glitchtest.png
(64.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181010_102101.png
(446.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jas on Wed Dec 05, 2018 06:07, edited 6 times in total.

jas

Re: [Server] Glitchtest [jas0]

by jas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 14:35

YouTube Channel
Attachments
screenshot_20181203_060817.png
(796.05 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181011_152622.png
(212.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181011_152633.png
(207.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jas on Wed Dec 05, 2018 06:16, edited 2 times in total.

Enrikoo

GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 16:53

I cannot join your server for some reason.

The following reason is that it does not support my version even if I use 5.0.0.

How can I change or update my protocol version to 37.

jas

by jas » Mon Oct 15, 2018 04:27

Yes hello again Enrikoo! Minetest 5.0.0-dev just got a fresh backwards compat breakage! So yeah, we're on protocol 37 now, and you'll have to update your client. The commit: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/co ... 1bfcd377e3

Now I'll just go an make sure it's up. I have a lot of stuff to do on this server, but am currently distracted modding some sound stuff.

jas

by jas » Fri Oct 19, 2018 13:14

Okay, I just updated it so when you craft leather from a backpack with contents, it drops the items to your feet. Unfortunately, it doesn't scatter them around (yet?), which is annoying, but it's quicker than emptying them manually. [Update: I used the velocity/acceleration values from TNT mod, it's pretty funny.] You can then eat the leather, but, it only yields one piece -- I'll have to increase that, especially considering it takes eight to craft one; but then, you get a couple backpacks every time you respawn. [Edit: Well, I increased it to two pieces of leather, I think, but maybe that's too low still. I'd like it to be a random value between two and four, for example.]

And you can eat your bones too, and paper. I haven't been working on this much, lately. Instead, I've been working on a sound mod to play some music. I did this before, it's a fun distraction, but I don't know what will come of it.

Update: Automatic item pickup was added. There is a one second delay from its spawning before the item is picked up by the first player within one node of it.
Second update: Media server was set up (correctly?). Minetest Game was updated, beds now save respawn position. Still want to make a detached player inventory for the bed, and let players lay whenever they like -- and even initiate a vote for day/night skip (skip to night if day, and to day if night). Items disappear after sixty seconds.

Yet Another Update: I added skins, and the shop mod to sell them at. There's only two so far, but I downloaded more from Addi's skin database, and will be adding them right away. If there's any in particular from that site you'd like, let me know. To apply them, just swing it. Once you've used it, it's gone for good.

Update Three: Bug net replaces magic lasso and mob net. Mese crystal replaces mob protection rune. Protector nodes are now crafted with a Mese crystal instead of a gold ingot. The following skins are available so far: sam, dusty, Blass by blassdeskywars, Blockcolor by Chiantos, cheapie by loveheart, Sam II Winter by Jordach, and I have more to add real soon now.

Update Four: Added Cobweb and Hardened Clay from X-Decor. The bed bounces, so replaces the trampoline. The mechanisms are there, but only the stone pressure plate lever, and no wood pressure plate. I'll be adding some more nodes.
Attachments
screenshot_20181023_111633.png
(369.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181023_091617.png
(256.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 17:45

Attachments
screenshot_20181023_130127.png
(454.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181023_130514.png
(467.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181023_131901.png
(474.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

Re: [Server] Glitchtest

by jas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:56

Update: Paper now shows a text field on right click, and you can write a message on there like a sign. A piece of paper with your death location is given upon respawn, too. Changed a few recipes, and maybe something else I forget. Oh, when wielding Paper with text, that text is shown on the player's HUD.
Update 2: Cotton and wheat seeds are now edible.
Update 3: Made some changes to sneak_jump and walkie, hopefully they work okay. Probably won't starve so fast when idle anymore. Some tools craft a stick! Also, there's leveling up which increase player's HP MAX! But, I've not tested it particularly well.Image
Update 4: Added runestone, moonstone, and coalstone nodes from X-Decor.
Update 5: I've added a Mage class, and also I'm trying out a new spawning method for mobs.

jas

by jas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 16:02

Added a mailbox. It's from scratch, but the idea is from X-Decor -- and it even uses the same textures.

I really want to add multiskin 3d_armor with clothing, but haven't gotten that far yet. I need to redo the collection of skins, anyway. The mage class is still being worked on, but the idea is that he doesn't use tools so doesn't hold them. The wieldhand is invisible because of the punch repeat animation, mostly. There is a cool-down period after shooting a fireball.

I also want to adjust player digging times based on level. I'll have to add buttons for class changing, but for now it's /class <mage|miner> and it resets level. Mage can only hold eight items.

Update: Beds have an 8*3 enderchest, and buttons for setting home, respawn position, and sleeping. I haven't made it so you can sleep/sit anytime anywhere, yet, but it's a start.
Update 2: Alright, I got it to work with real-world time. time_speed = 1 now, and if you sleep or force night skip it toggles +/- 12 hours. [So ignore the text in the screenshot.]
Update 3: Now it's possible to warp to any bed with `warp home_name' in the terminal. You can access the terminal with a Walkie Talkie, an Intercomm, or with the /terminal command (must have priv?). The idea is to make this cost a Mese Crystal (Fragment?). The Spawn and Home teleports will remain free of cost!
Update 4: Got 3d_armor with clothing in. It's not on the HUD, yet, and the armor and clothing formspecs will be moved to the armor stand and loom respectively. Also, there will be some things tweaked/removed/added in the future for the armor(s).
Update 4b: Armor is on the HUD now. And it's off the main inventory, too. There's a button on the loom for setting clothing, and a button on the regular armor stand for setting armor. I'll tidy them up, and add a dedicated "dresser" node for applying both clothing and armor (and skins and storage/management?) There may have been other adjustments.
Update 5: Added a dresser. Right click the placed node, or swing the node while wielding it, particularly in third person camera mode.
Update 5b: Also, added a /gender command. If you played on the server before the dresser was added, you might need to use it to reset your skin. Lastly, there's now a plop sound on join/respawn (I'll add it to teleports too, gotta make a nice way to save/load/manage warps), and a blip sound on chat.
Update 5c: Swing any clothing item to automatically apply it! I'll be adding this feature to the armor items as well, but right now it's break time, because that proved more challenging than I expected! *g*
Update 6: Added a scout class. It has new_move/sneak_glitch by default, and if you sprint it switches to old_move and more speed, etc. I would like to dedicate my sneak_jump mod to Shara now. At the moment, there may be some bugs.
Update 7: I uploaded the Glitchtest game to https://github.com/jastevenson303/Glitchtest
Attachments
gg.gif
(532.33 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181123_100416.png
(736.12 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181121_133852.png
(249.61 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Tue Nov 27, 2018 13:31

The beds now teleport correctly. I made a real mess of the code, but it seems to work alright for now. Maybe somebody can find some bugs.

You name a bed, and can warp to any bed from any bed. This is per-player, but I want to make an option, per bed, to enable public warps. I forgot to add a cost for teleporting, so for now it's free. I'm going to add the warp stone by sofar, and make it a Mese Warpstone, 'cause I love those things.

I still have to fix the [Spawn] / [Set Spawn] buttons, because I made it save/teleport to respawn position, and not static server spawnpoint. It's a conundrum, because I like to set respawn pos and teleport there, but the [Spawn] button on the main inventory is supposed to warp to server spawn point.

[Edit: Come to think of it, I don't use static_spawnpoint. Instead, spawn position - if respawn position isn't set - relies on the spawn mod. For now, I'll just add a /spawn command for quick usage of spawn.on_spawn.]
[Edit2: Oh, and doing `warp <bedname>' from the terminal still works, too.]
[Edit3: Armor can now be applied by swinging it. So that makes all three: skins, clothing, and armor you can use to put on. I forgot shields...]
[Edit4: Thank you to whoever found the "there are no warps" crash in terminal mod.]
Attachments
screenshot_20181127_082418.png
(77.88 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181127_082413.png
(76.48 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Thu Nov 29, 2018 06:54

Yesterday I learned, that listring[] can be used to go from/to different lists. https://github.com/jastevenson303/Glitc ... 8eb7305R77

Above, a shift-click will send the item to the Input list, and a shift-click on the Input list will send the item back to player's inventory. Secondly, a shift-click on the Output list will send that item to the player's inventory. So, it's directional and can be manipulated! Just thought I'd share. Have a nice day:)

jas

by jas » Fri Nov 30, 2018 16:23

Added NPC and Zombies, and some new skins.

There are four zombies, but the chances of one spawning are not increased. Instead, one of the four is randomly chosen, if a zombie is chosen at all. Only underground, or above ground at nighttime, and not around protection do hostile mobs spawn. The NPC and rat spawn anywhere, anytime.

The NPC has a persistent detached inventory. I'll use it to sell or trade, but for now he offers free skins. Bye.

jas

by jas » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:52

Backpacks can now, finally, save a set name. The name shows both in the infotext of the pointed node, and the description in your inventory. Also, I re-added all the wool colored backpacks.

Right now I'm working on accessing the inventory with an on_use, so it doesn't need to be placed. I've tried a few times before, but I've got a good feeling about this one. Besides, there's some different options here, and one of them is already implemented: Craft two leather from any backpack to throw its contents all around the player.

The other option - besides on_use which I'm currently attempting - is an old idea of using any given backpack as your inventory. Whatever backpack you have on, that is the inventory you have displayed. I tried it before, but I ran into a big brick wall. I may attempt it again soon. Thanks.

Update: Added wool colored beds. Still have to fix some peculiarities with the warping, though.

Update 2: Added colored glass panes. Also, fixed a bug in mechanisms that crashed if player left the server while standing on a pressure plate and it tried close the door with a player argument after the player's gone.

Update 3: WOW! I did it, and it took just minutes. It was a lot easier to do than I thought, and I believe I have itemstack:get_meta() to thank for it. At any rate, a player may now swing a backpack to open it. I really need to add a zipper sound! *\o/*

Update 4: NPCs now trade for items. Video demonstration.
Attachments
screenshot_20181202_234902.png
(333.5 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181202_234848.png
(273.35 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Tue Dec 11, 2018 13:25

Updated the beds to include Public/Private warps.

Added a node class. Still working on it, though, so will update this post and add a video later. Type /class node to try it out; notice the nametag is invisible, and you inherit the textures of whatever node you punch.

Update: Fixed some bugs, seems to work okay. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I0bl7rUovc
Update 2: Increase range of hand and you now teleport to the location where you tried to place (right-clicked).

Return to Servers