[Server] Glitchtest

jas

GitHub: jastevenson303
IRC: jas_
In-game: jas

[Server] Glitchtest

by jas » Mon Apr 23, 2018 12:47

This is an mgv7 Minetest 5.0.0-dev server running on an old machine on a slow network. It features walkie[1] and sneak_jump[2] mods, as well as protector, mobs_redo and craftguide.

Address: dcbl.duckdns.org
Port: 30000
Flags: PvP, Survival
Version: 5.0.0-dev
Game: Minetest Game

There are books that describe different items and peculiarities of the server in-game. Briefly, the Walkie is used to teleport home and to spawn. Right clicking an Intercomm with a Walkie in hand will save home position. This behavior will be changed to use a command from the terminal instead.

There are skins, and you hold them in your hand and use them to apply. Once you've used them, they're gone.

+ Screenshots
+ Skins
+ Updates
Attachments
Glitchtest.png
(64.08 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181010_102101.png
(446.71 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by jas on Thu Oct 25, 2018 09:12, edited 4 times in total.

jas

Re: [Server] Glitchtest [jas0]

by jas » Wed Oct 10, 2018 14:35

[1] viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19992
[2] viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19861
The server address is dcbl.duckdns.org, or find "jas0" on the master server list. I replaced the original Glitchtest server post ("dead spawn") for this one ("jas0"). I'll be updating the main post with more information, and some videos[3][4] of course, sometime soon.
[3] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpvlmb ... 18fBhP9aWA
[4] 9:24 Glitchtest Walkthrough
Attachments
screenshot_20181011_152622.png
(212.51 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181011_152633.png
(207.94 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Enrikoo

GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Sun Oct 14, 2018 16:53

I cannot join your server for some reason.

The following reason is that it does not support my version even if I use 5.0.0.

How can I change or update my protocol version to 37.

jas

by jas » Mon Oct 15, 2018 04:27

Yes hello again Enrikoo! Minetest 5.0.0-dev just got a fresh backwards compat breakage! So yeah, we're on protocol 37 now, and you'll have to update your client. The commit: https://github.com/minetest/minetest/co ... 1bfcd377e3

Now I'll just go an make sure it's up. I have a lot of stuff to do on this server, but am currently distracted modding some sound stuff.

jas

by jas » Fri Oct 19, 2018 13:14

Okay, I just updated it so when you craft leather from a backpack with contents, it drops the items to your feet. Unfortunately, it doesn't scatter them around (yet?), which is annoying, but it's quicker than emptying them manually. [Update: I used the velocity/acceleration values from TNT mod, it's pretty funny.] You can then eat the leather, but, it only yields one piece -- I'll have to increase that, especially considering it takes eight to craft one; but then, you get a couple backpacks every time you respawn. [Edit: Well, I increased it to two pieces of leather, I think, but maybe that's too low still. I'd like it to be a random value between two and four, for example.]

And you can eat your bones too, and paper. I haven't been working on this much, lately. Instead, I've been working on a sound mod to play some music. I did this before, it's a fun distraction, but I don't know what will come of it.

Update: Automatic item pickup was added. There is a one second delay from its spawning before the item is picked up by the first player within one node of it.
Second update: Media server was set up (correctly?). Minetest Game was updated, beds now save respawn position. Still want to make a detached player inventory for the bed, and let players lay whenever they like -- and even initiate a vote for day/night skip (skip to night if day, and to day if night). Items disappear after sixty seconds.

Yet Another Update: I added skins, and the shop mod to sell them at. There's only two so far, but I downloaded more from Addi's skin database, and will be adding them right away. If there's any in particular from that site you'd like, let me know. To apply them, just swing it. Once you've used it, it's gone for good.

Update Three: Bug net replaces magic lasso and mob net. Mese crystal replaces mob protection rune. Protector nodes are now crafted with a Mese crystal instead of a gold ingot. The following skins are available so far: sam, dusty, Blass by blassdeskywars, Blockcolor by Chiantos, cheapie by loveheart, Sam II Winter by Jordach, and I have more to add real soon now.

Update Four: Added Cobweb and Hardened Clay from X-Decor. The bed bounces, so replaces the trampoline. The mechanisms are there, but only the stone pressure plate lever, and no wood pressure plate. I'll be adding some more nodes.
Attachments
screenshot_20181023_111633.png
(369.86 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181023_091617.png
(256.4 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

by jas » Tue Oct 23, 2018 17:45

Attachments
screenshot_20181023_130127.png
(454.02 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181023_130514.png
(467.34 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20181023_131901.png
(474.01 KiB) Not downloaded yet

jas

Re: [Server] Glitchtest

by jas » Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:56

Update: Paper now shows a text field on right click, and you can write a message on there like a sign. A piece of paper with your death location is given upon respawn, too. Changed a few recipes, and maybe something else I forget. Oh, when wielding Paper with text, that text is shown on the player's HUD.
Update 2: Cotton and wheat seeds are now edible.
Update 3: Made some changes to sneak_jump and walkie, hopefully they work okay. Probably won't starve so fast when idle anymore. Some tools craft a stick! Also, there's leveling up which increase player's HP MAX! But, I've not tested it particularly well.Image
Update 4: Added runestone, moonstone, and coalstone nodes from X-Decor.
Update 5: I've added a Mage class, and also I'm trying out a new spawning method for mobs.

jas

Re: [Server] Glitchtest

by jas » Tue Nov 20, 2018 16:02

Added a mailbox. It's from scratch, but the idea is from X-Decor -- and it even uses the same textures.

I really want to add multiskin 3d_armor with clothing, but haven't gotten that far yet. I need to redo the collection of skins, anyway. The mage class is still being worked on, but the idea is that he doesn't use tools so doesn't hold them. The wieldhand is invisible because of the punch repeat animation, mostly. There is a cool-down period after shooting a fireball.

I also want to adjust player digging times based on level. I'll have to add buttons for class changing, but for now it's /class <mage|miner> and it resets level. Mage can only hold eight items.

Return to Servers