[Server] Glitchtest

m1000

Re: [Server] Glitchtest

by m1000 » Post

It would be nice if the traders have larger stacks of things sometimes. I thought to fix some holes made by dungeon masters. But buying dirt by 1 or 2 blocks is inconvenient.

jas
IRC: Freenode

by jas » Post

Yes, thank you, I will work on that. Currently it sells large quantities of things it shouldn't, like craft guides, which are normally stack_max 1. So I will fix that, and also limit the DMs/mobs spawning and/or alter that; and make further adjustments. Great idea getting a 99 stack of dirt from an NPC to fill holes.

Update 1: Limited mobs spawning. Mobs should not spawn on players too much now, but I will have to add a check for walkable underneath so they don't fall onto your head from a greater height than, say 3.12 nodes up.

Update 2: Add tnt.boom to mechanisms. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEdy8x_vedk&t=140

Update 3: Fire now respects protection. It will not remove any protected node.

Update 4: Added antiflame. Punch fire with a mese crystal to set it in action. That makes me think, I should then take the mese crystal once set! :)

Update 5: Using mese crystals on fire to produce an antiflame now costs one mese crystal. [Additionally, there should be an automatic conversion in mese, such that if you hit a flame with a mese node, it returns eight crystals. I've wanted to do this with gold before: a cost of 8 coins paid with 1 ingot returns one coin.] That reminds me, mages should use mese as cost, or mana, for shooting fireballs. Currently the cost is half your HP!

Update 6: "Spawny the Spawner" now checks that there's plenty of space for the mobs to spawn and move around in. I hope.

Update 7: Tweaked the space check. Added a light check, needs to be less than light level six to spawn hostile mobs. Hopefully it helps keep them at bay. Update 7a: Just stood idle in a well lit, tight quarter mine shaft for five minutes without any mobs spawning on my head or even around me. I increased the light level check to seven.

jas

by jas » Post

m1000 come back, the restart only took one second! Haha, anyway I'm going to start working on the NPC trades, so they're a little more interesting, implementing your full stack idea, etc.

Update 1: I replaced the npc_drops table with a table matching dungeon_loot's. I haven't adjusted all the chance values, or counts, but there should be large stacks of dirt most of the time. I'll make adjustments to the frequencies and add/remove more items soon, but for now it at least fixes large stacks of craft books. ref

Update 2: Some videos: https://youtu.be/vPdi9slW71o & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCHVThvl_0&t=48

jas

by jas » Post

Aw, me server crashed! I'm away now so I'm not sure why, and will have to wait to restart it. There's no remote login, nor auto-restart.

Not that it matters much now, but I did update MTG, so the new glass door texture is there, and fixed a broken glass door craft recipe. [Ps. When I was fixing the craft door recipe for the white glass door, it occurred to me that since there is colored glass, there ought to be colored doors, so I very well may add that.]

Update: Looks like the power went out, and it hadn't actually crashed. I will eventually have it on the battery backup in case of power outages, and also on a newer box that maybe will run a little faster. I'll at least add an autostart script so that when the machine starts up it boots minetestserver. I've been putting off an auto-restart script, though, because I really want to know when/why the server crashes.

Update 2: Well it's running on the new box, it seems to work OK. The media server is still on the old box, but I'll have to power it down for a bit to physically move it. I'll look into adding an autostart script, but am going to hold off on an auto-restart script. So next time the power goes out there will be a chance it could come back!

By the way, does anyone know about this error?

Code: Select all

ERROR[CurlFetch]: http://dcbl.duckdns.org/index.mth not found (HTTP response code said error) (response code 417)
Update 3: Ha! The power just went out for two seconds, and the server is still running. How do I make an autostart script? LOL!

Update 4: Added a check for walkable nodes below spawn point for mobs. They shouldn't spawn on your head if you plan on digging straight down. I hope that helps, thank you very much cy for the feedback!

jas

by jas » Post

Thanks to oiaohm for the conversation and idea. I want to make modifications such that it may be placed on water and take surrounding water source/flowing nodes, like you said. For now, it only requires a bucket of water, and the times will likely need to be adjusted.

Thanks to Dragonop for claycrafter which I used the textures for. I dedicate this mod to Dragonop.

Update: Added a check for water_source at pos.y - 1 to automatically refill an empty bucket. One bucket seems to make nine mossycobble. Xiong asked me why make a machine for this? I answered, because it was sentimental. He said something about a nodebreaker machine to do it instead, so now I'm going to see about a nodebreaker machine because that sounds interesting.
Attachments
screenshot_20190102_061525.png
screenshot_20190102_061525.png (469.83 KiB) Viewed 393 times
screenshot_20190102_061507.png
screenshot_20190102_061507.png (470.85 KiB) Viewed 393 times
screenshot_20190102_061502.png
screenshot_20190102_061502.png (616.24 KiB) Viewed 393 times

Enrikoo
GitHub: Enrikoo
IRC: Enrico - Enricoo - Enrlco
In-game: Enrico - Enriko

by Enrikoo » Post

When 5.0.0 released and players will join...
I just made a tree farm, it will help newbies find wood faster, when it ran out of trees. If the treefarm itself ran out of trees, we still have some saplings in chest. If this happens, 2 saplings needed to replant.

Here is it and it is still unprotected:
screenshot_20190302_174217.png
screenshot_20190302_174217.png (415.47 KiB) Viewed 393 times

jas

by jas » Post

Thanks Enrico. I, or anyone else, can also create public warps to forests using a bed.

I recently removed wool from the trader list, though, so it'll need to be grown or sheared.

Edit:
Spoiler
[Edit #2: Added oresplus mod by jp.]
Attachments
p3.png
p3.png (789.17 KiB) Viewed 393 times
p2.png
p2.png (391.89 KiB) Viewed 393 times
p1.png
p1.png (687.63 KiB) Viewed 393 times

jas

by jas » Post

Increased cooktime of meat_raw and rotten_flesh to 10 and 20, respectively.

Random tips: You can set your base skin with /gender <male|female>; or obtain a new skin from an NPC. Armor/clothing can be applied by holding it in your hand and swinging it.

If you have leveled up, and your max HP has increased, and especially if you have any armor on and can easily sprint away, getting pummeled by other players does little harm.

Finding Mese for protection can be hard, but maybe you'll find some from an NPC.