[Server] Glitchtest

m1000

Re: [Server] Glitchtest

by m1000 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 09:51

It would be nice if the traders have larger stacks of things sometimes. I thought to fix some holes made by dungeon masters. But buying dirt by 1 or 2 blocks is inconvenient.

jas

GitHub: jastevenson303
IRC: jas_
In-game: jas

by jas » Mon Dec 24, 2018 16:06

Yes, thank you, I will work on that. Currently it sells large quantities of things it shouldn't, like craft guides, which are normally stack_max 1. So I will fix that, and also limit the DMs/mobs spawning and/or alter that; and make further adjustments. Great idea getting a 99 stack of dirt from an NPC to fill holes.

Update 1: Limited mobs spawning. Mobs should not spawn on players too much now, but I will have to add a check for walkable underneath so they don't fall onto your head from a greater height than, say 3.12 nodes up.

Update 2: Add tnt.boom to mechanisms. Here's a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEdy8x_vedk&t=140

Update 3: Fire now respects protection. It will not remove any protected node.

Update 4: Added antiflame. Punch fire with a mese crystal to set it in action. That makes me think, I should then take the mese crystal once set! :)

Update 5: Using mese crystals on fire to produce an antiflame now costs one mese crystal. [Additionally, there should be an automatic conversion in mese, such that if you hit a flame with a mese node, it returns eight crystals. I've wanted to do this with gold before: a cost of 8 coins paid with 1 ingot returns one coin.] That reminds me, mages should use mese as cost, or mana, for shooting fireballs. Currently the cost is half your HP!

Update 6: "Spawny the Spawner" now checks that there's plenty of space for the mobs to spawn and move around in. I hope.

Update 7: Tweaked the space check. Added a light check, needs to be less than light level six to spawn hostile mobs. Hopefully it helps keep them at bay. Update 7a: Just stood idle in a well lit, tight quarter mine shaft for five minutes without any mobs spawning on my head or even around me. I increased the light level check to seven.

jas

by jas » Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:03

m1000 come back, the restart only took one second! Haha, anyway I'm going to start working on the NPC trades, so they're a little more interesting, implementing your full stack idea, etc.

Update 1: I replaced the npc_drops table with a table matching dungeon_loot's. I haven't adjusted all the chance values, or counts, but there should be large stacks of dirt most of the time. I'll make adjustments to the frequencies and add/remove more items soon, but for now it at least fixes large stacks of craft books. ref

Update 2: Some videos: https://youtu.be/vPdi9slW71o & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCHVThvl_0&t=48

jas

by jas » Tue Jan 01, 2019 08:09

Aw, me server crashed! I'm away now so I'm not sure why, and will have to wait to restart it. There's no remote login, nor auto-restart.

Not that it matters much now, but I did update MTG, so the new glass door texture is there, and fixed a broken glass door craft recipe. [Ps. When I was fixing the craft door recipe for the white glass door, it occurred to me that since there is colored glass, there ought to be colored doors, so I very well may add that.]

Update: Looks like the power went out, and it hadn't actually crashed. I will eventually have it on the battery backup in case of power outages, and also on a newer box that maybe will run a little faster. I'll at least add an autostart script so that when the machine starts up it boots minetestserver. I've been putting off an auto-restart script, though, because I really want to know when/why the server crashes.

Update 2: Well it's running on the new box, it seems to work OK. The media server is still on the old box, but I'll have to power it down for a bit to physically move it. I'll look into adding an autostart script, but am going to hold off on an auto-restart script. So next time the power goes out there will be a chance it could come back!

By the way, does anyone know about this error?
Code: Select all
ERROR[CurlFetch]: http://dcbl.duckdns.org/index.mth not found (HTTP response code said error) (response code 417)

Update 3: Ha! The power just went out for two seconds, and the server is still running. How do I make an autostart script? LOL!

Update 4: Added a check for walkable nodes below spawn point for mobs. They shouldn't spawn on your head if you plan on digging straight down. I hope that helps, thank you very much cy for the feedback!

jas

by jas » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:20

Thanks to oiaohm for the conversation and idea. I want to make modifications such that it may be placed on water and take surrounding water source/flowing nodes, like you said. For now, it only requires a bucket of water, and the times will likely need to be adjusted.

Thanks to Dragonop for claycrafter which I used the textures for. I dedicate this mod to Dragonop.

Update: Added a check for water_source at pos.y - 1 to automatically refill an empty bucket. One bucket seems to make nine mossycobble. Xiong asked me why make a machine for this? I answered, because it was sentimental. He said something about a nodebreaker machine to do it instead, so now I'm going to see about a nodebreaker machine because that sounds interesting.
Attachments
screenshot_20190102_061525.png
(469.83 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20190102_061507.png
(470.85 KiB) Not downloaded yet
screenshot_20190102_061502.png
(616.24 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Previous

Return to Servers