randomq
IRC: randomq
In-game: randomq

PVP Anarchy with Mobs and Guns!

by randomq » Post

Dudes and dudettes, I've got a new minetest server just for you:

PVP Anarchy with Mobs and Guns!
107.174.218.36:30000

This is a true anarchy server. Only one rule: No cheating!

This means you can join and play how you want! No pesky admins messing with you, though we will try to clean up spawn *occasionally*. Get away from spawn and find somewhere safe to sleep in your bed at night so you don't have to restart at spawn every time you die.

New players start with some basic kit, including a shotgun!

Running shooter, mobs_redo (monsters), and mobs_mc mods. Look up shooter for recipes to craft crossbows, shotguns, machine guns, etc... I don't think the skeleton bow and arrows work yet, but probably will eventually so keep em in a chest for later :-)

Coder12

Re: PVP Anarchy with Mobs and Guns!

by Coder12 » Post

Hey I like this server. Just a quick question is there a crafting guide?

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

So, yesterday, I had a LOCKED chest full of goodies, and today, it's gone, with all of its goodies, and there's no TNT damage where it was, so I know it wasn't blasted. It took a lot of work to accumulate what was in that chest. Are locked chests not really locked on this server? If not, is there any other way to secure valuables? If not, I won't be coming back.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

Sheriff wrote:...had a LOCKED chest...it's gone...no TNT damage...
Update: Another player told me the answer to this. Apparently, you can destroy a locked chest with a gun. By doing so, you get nothing from it, so apparently, whoever destroyed my locked chest either didn't know this or was mean-spirited.

So, carefully hide your chests, boys and girls, because nothing is safe on this server.

Sheriff

by Sheriff » Post

Coder12 wrote:...is there a crafting guide?
A crafting guide would be nice, but in the mean time, you can use the "/mods" command to look for the mod that might cover what you're trying to craft. Then google that mod to find the source and look up the crafting grids in the source. (That's what I do. :)

For example, I wanted to know how to craft a saddle. /mobs listed the "mobs_mc" mod. The first hit on google for "site:minetest.net mobs_mc mod" was viewtopic.php?t=17751, which is its thread. The introductory message in that forum contained a link to its source, at https://github.com/maikerumine/mobs_mc. There, the 1_items_default.lua script contained a "register_craft" call for "mobs_mc:saddle", containing a recipe grid like this:

Code: Select all

{
     {"mobs:leather", "mobs:leather", "mobs:leather"}
     , {"farming:string", "", "farming:string"}
     , {"default:steel_ingot", "", "default:steel_ingot"}
}

Einszone

by Einszone » Post

randomq wrote:Look up shooter for recipes to craft crossbows, shotguns, machine guns, etc...
Can not craft the SMG. Don't tell me it's disabled because it's OP...
P.S. Geez, the mobs spawn rate is insane! Poor server is laggin'. Pls, do something with that.