[Server] Pandorabox

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by twoelk » Post

uhm I did some landscaping , adding a highland lake or some stream here or there, never protected those in full.

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

twoelk wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57
uhm I did some landscaping , adding a highland lake or some stream here or there, never protected those in full.
There are a few buildings i have manually protected due to lack of protection. If a protector-node or travelnet is near then it should be safe though.

When in doubt you can check the map: https://test.pandorabox.io/map/#!/map/0/2/0/0
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

Hi, a while ago I started my 'forks modpack' with a submodules approach inspired by how you manage your dependencies on Pandorabox. I noticed a while back (2020-02-08) you deleted the lag_warning mod. I know it's a small mod but it wasn't provided under any licence explicity. Would you/the mod author be ok if I re-host it on GitHub and continue to use it?

Edit: While I am here I had better ask about a licence on the mesecons_ratelimiter mod too

Edit2: Thread on GitHub
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

this is, after MrCube-bit joined ...
beside stack in just digged items ...
we found this flying grass (denies to fall after cut, must ahve been about 10 min)
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Just a short video about the reset nodes after dig and gone ... but come back for not a sec
https://youtu.be/cmo-XZ7kXVM

yesterday there was a sure rare happening / meeting in the high-score

Cooking, kennoath and Bonat was inside about 5.500 XP from each other, near the 3.800.000 XP and
switching rank 7, 8 and 9 like fun.

http://www.minetest.one/jpg/Pandora-Ran ... -17-14.png

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 03:34
Just a short video about the reset nodes after dig and gone ... but come back for not a sec
https://youtu.be/cmo-XZ7kXVM
so far it is not my client or network also NOT your server,
I have seen this now every day, starting somewhere noon local ... guess some bandwidth traffic between us in that other 7.500 km fiber via India, Suez, Marseilles ...

LRV
Helper
GitHub: Mooncarguy
In-game: Mooncarman Mooncarguy

by LRV » Post

Why am I banned?
I am not an alt of Marsufoman. Ask TalkLounge or sparky or upie. They can confirm I'm not an alt of Mars.
Only reason we got same ban logs is because same router = same ip = ip ban gets both of us.
This is a cool signature. :)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

LRV wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34
Why am I banned?
I am not an alt of Marsufoman. Ask TalkLounge or sparky or upie. They can confirm I'm not an alt of Mars.
Only reason we got same ban logs is because same router = same ip = ip ban gets both of us.
I was looking the chat when Marsufoman was banned:

And there was very clear Marsufoman online, and this guy was banned.

There was a week ago a gamer on Pandorabox named Hedgehog, that seam even not to know that you both have same IP ... and also same behavior. But I told ... and nobody listening.

The Problem of this is so old as I play minetest, that story about different people (my bad brother, sister) was so often misused ...

When a server is banning on IP Base sure, all are closed,
and ban via game-name / nick was Too often bypassed.

I see only the chance that you need to proof about this case (2 persons) with some official documents, as both birth certificates and a photo of both to one trusted person,
that then just says: Ok - they ARE too persons ...

But then ?
Are you sure, when only gamer 'Marsufoman' is banned, that 'he', the other guy (in real or just imagine) will not misuse the option to bypass his own ban ?

But for this small game here, with so less options ... say Thanks you to your 'brother'
and USE the time yourself also to to enhance your own behavior.

But for me and my server there is no difference : you both are not welcome on my server, with that seen EACH BOTH behavior.
AS even what I have seen from you on my server, and from Marsufoman here on Pandorabox - I would need to very exact analyze both times online, behavior, textes, words ... to find a difference - so same you are.

PS: I made a copy from this answer, before someone with helper function is misusing his rights to delete my posts again.

LRV
Helper

by LRV » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 13:30
... and also same behavior.
This comparison is ridicules. I don't needlessly spam the chat, I don't insult. The reason you banned me is obviously because you don't like me personally, not because I am intentionally or recklessly disturbing people.
Festus1965 wrote:
When a server is banning on IP Base sure, all are closed,
and ban via game-name / nick was Too often bypassed.

I see only the chance that you need to proof about this case (2 persons) with some official documents, as both birth certificates and a photo of both to one trusted person,
that then just says: Ok - they ARE too persons ...
It is obvious and widely known that I am not Marsufoman. The number of serious players that would be lying for me/Marsufomans theoretical ban avoision tactics is completly irrealistic, so that's not an argument. Many more people, like mewn, TheSearedBlade, grandolf, majochup, Bikkevennah/2_waldberg (and the list goes on) can confirm we are 2 people. There are many more indications and pieces of evidence I could bring forward to remove the illusion of us being one person, and I am sure you are well aware of that.
You, Festus1965, are most likely only bringing this post forward to get me banned on PandoraBox aswell.
It would fit, as you randomly send me a ignore-list-reason-list even though I have NOT said a SINGLE word to you my entire time on the server and you also stated you don't want me on multiplayer at all.
Festus1965 wrote:
But for this small game here, with so less options ... say Thanks you to your 'brother'
and USE the time yourself also to to enhance your own behavior.
Ok, what exactly is even wrong with my behaviour?
You keep saying "bugdig", even though the only time I did it was to bypass seemingly broken doors.
I actually thought I would be saving you trouble with that and I also STOPPED WHEN YOU TOLD ME.
Then, when you get a mail from me with wrong coords, I get instaban (for the reason "bugdig" for whatever reason)! You also post a youtube video claiming that I'm not to be trusted due to that incident, which doesn't even make any sense at all, because this simply isn't reasonable grounds to distrust and hence ban anyone.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

I repeat "say Thanks you to your 'brother'" in real, or in mind or in behavior

I have a good solution for you:
manage an own internet access, where NO IP is same, and should be also another provider, so that even the IP-range used is not the same,

added later: a better solution for you both:
make your own server ... but which one or you both will be admin, hmm - BEST: make two own servers: a Mooncarguy and a Marsufoman server ... then I think all problems are solved

Festus1965

Re: [Server] Pandorabox and Mooncarguy

by Festus1965 » Post

LRV wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 12:34
Why am I banned?
first you was seen in the Morning at Wildes Land, then later for about 5 Minutes at Pandorabox,

and that 5 Minutes brought me to another Idea:

High-score List ... tells me you play on Pandorabox since 6 Months ago, and gained all together 5 hours !!!
So with 6 month = 182 days, you are in average of not even 2 minutes per day on the server.

For what you cried then to be 'with' banned.
This is what I meant ... it is not even worth to greet you ... as the greetings might already come to late, after you left the game.

Marsufoman:
since 2 years, got together 14 days = get 28 minutes a day, ok ... greeting worth, but no any projects as team.

ok ok, they may be breaks also, where have to time or fun to play anyway, but my main impression as I also wrote down for reasons to ban, ignore ... was wright = nothing for make a team or project together.

and even with my sometime 2 months break I got 158 minutes a day or 2.6 h/Tag

LRV
Helper

by LRV » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 08:01
first you was seen in the Morning at Wildes Land, then later for about 5 Minutes at Pandorabox,
You surveilance the status of servers other than your own aswell? Good to know.
Festus1965 wrote:
High-score List ... tells me you play on Pandorabox since 6 Months ago, and gained all together 5 hours !!!
So with 6 month = 182 days, you are in average of not even 2 minutes per day on the server.

For what you cried then to be 'with' banned.
This is what I meant ... it is not even worth to greet you ... as the greetings might already come to late, after you left the game.
I only came to the server to help Mars with projects he couldn't do himself due to lack of knowledge, like his nuclear reactor.
Now I wanna play on this server more often, because it has got trains ans spaceships, which other servers don't.
Festus1965 wrote:
Marsufoman:
since 2 years, got together 14 days = get 28 minutes a day, ok ... greeting worth, but no any projects as team.

ok ok, they may be breaks also, where have to time or fun to play anyway, but my main impression as I also wrote down for reasons to ban, ignore ... was wright = nothing for make a team or project together.
I was never looking to do team projects with you... So no idea why you bring that up.
That's the same level of randomness like when you send me your ignore-list-reason-list.

Also, why on Earth does online time determine how reliable a player is? It doesn't. I merely determines how much time was invested in a server, not how much would be invested in a team project.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

To analyses the 'market' which is the server-list, is part of 'business' to know what kind of names flying around (hints to clients) and so I see a lot of known gamer or forum active on several servers. That was more a lucky strike that time, but I fly over the gamer names some time a day ... leading it to different strategies in password, guest name ban, whatever ...
LRV wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:23
I was never looking to do team projects with you... So no idea why you bring that up.
ha? Mesecons Train Intersections ... you forget real fast. Hidden Doors, TravelNet ... and as of your absence my investment wasted time.
LRV wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 10:23
Also, why on Earth does online time determine how reliable a player is?
sure, before I just estimated this, but my 'feeling' about was right:
And this feeling (now facts) told me, that it is not worth at some gamer so answer more than the greeting, if even that, as often so short in the game. To answer more complex question = I keep silent, will not waste my time.

The trains mod sure never will be at me, but that spaceships, or others are only on Pandorabox is the lack of knowledge.

Have fun.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Hello admin,
as I had this in mind since long time ... as of ADVTrains I pointed on,
I made an interesting test:
here just after 5 hours, will be 10 hours
and will repeat it near every week with last commit I think

Result:
Mod ADVTrains active, ONLY beside mtg, after 10.x hours short gamer log in, take /profiler save and exit.
ADVtrains took 93.x% off all time even no any track or train was build.
Nice preview yet ... to think about.
Last edited by Festus1965 on Wed Apr 06, 2022 14:10, edited 1 time in total.

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 07:01
Hello admin,

Result:
Mod ADVTrains active, ONLY beside mtg, after 5 hours short gamer log in, take /profiler save and exit.
ADVtrains took 97% off all time even no any track or train was build.

Joking aside: are you alright? Do you need help? Have you thought about another hobby besides minetest?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Not active here anymore, contact me on the minetest discord, irc, lemmy or github (for programming issues)

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

BuckarooBanzay wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 13:16
Joking aside: are you alright? Do you need help? Have you thought about another hobby besides minetest?
No, why ?
I still have some other will test next days ... no time to retire yet.

yw05
GitHub: y5nw
IRC: y5nw
In-game: ywang

by yw05 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 07:01
Hello admin,

Result:
Mod ADVTrains active, ONLY beside mtg, after 10.x hours short gamer log in, take /profiler save and exit.
ADVtrains took 93.x% off all time even no any track or train was build.
We have a thread for it now: https://lists.sr.ht/~gpcf/advtrains-dis ... OOK.COM%3E

Also, it should be noted that the advtrains forum thread, mailing list and the wiki are the main (intended) place for such discussions, not Github or the forum thread of a server that only happens to be using advtrains.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

yw05 wrote:
Wed Apr 06, 2022 17:06
... forum thread of a server that only happens to be using advtrains.
BuckarooBanzay
just post a /profiler save - as I remember from near a year ago, when play on your server and why I am focusing on advtrains and your server ... now: as I remember the impact

(I will ask for this (new) /profiler save from every server that I find using advtrains then, or server using advtrains should just themself do a /profiler save and think about what they see)

Festus1965

[Server] Pandorabox

by Festus1965 » Post

nearly a year gone,
and since the Thai holidays from March 2023 we was often on the server again without issues in speed
we still have this sometime 200 other time 300 ms rtt what is not so hard to feel

but since yesterday, sure today 13.07. double slow
* first I had 3 times a 513 ms rtt and thought that's the reason,
* now I am back 3rd time with 295 ms and still take time to see pull items over to chest, dig or build

tested: speedtest.net to
* Switzerland : Down over 400 Mbps, Up 200, ping 200
* Contabo (Munich) itself : Down 14.15 Mbps, Up 209 Mbps, ping 210
* then Deutsche Telekom, Munich : Down 673 Mbps, Up 204 Mbps, ping 202

monitoring.ch also doesn't open even after 5 minutes
that tells me the problem is near or at server provider ... 15 Mpbs out, lol

Next when visiting my mother in Munich I just walk 300 ? meter to Contabo Munich, ha.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Answer from Contabo:
vielen Dank für Ihre Kontaktaufnahme mit dem Contabo-Kundensupport.

Leider ist uns Ihre E-Mail-Adresse nicht bekannt. Um die sensiblen Daten unserer Kunden vor schädlichen Anfragen zu schützen, akzeptieren wir nur Nachrichten von autorisierten E-Mail-Adressen.

Damit wir Ihre Anfrage bearbeiten können, gehen Sie bitte auf https://my.contabo.com/contacts/create und geben Sie Ihre E-Mail-Adresse als Kontakt ein. Wenn Sie keinen Zugriff auf das Contabo-Kontrollfeld haben, wenden Sie sich bitte an den Kontoinhaber und bitten Sie, Sie hinzuzufügen. Sobald Ihre E-Mail-Adresse hinzugefügt wurde, senden Sie Ihre Anfrage bitte erneut.
or in google English:
Thank you for contacting Contabo customer support.

Unfortunately, we do not have your email address. To protect our customers' sensitive information from malicious requests, we only accept messages from authorized email addresses.

In order for us to process your request, please go to https://my.contabo.com/contacts/create and enter your email address as contact. If you don't have access to the Contabo control panel, please contact the account owner and ask them to add you. Once your email address has been added, please resubmit your request.
I never ask for Data from their costumers !
I just told them that their output is very low compare to other ISP in Munich.
13, 14 and 16 Mbps yesterday (13.07.2023) compare to over 600 Mbps at other speedtest server in Munich.
Just before I measure again and got 164 now, and feel slightly better in the game also, but still slow reaction, compare to the weeks before.

Imagine again : I have private with fiber an UpLoad = out from my server from 220 Mbps
and they as a hosting company just had 13, 14 or 16 and today 164

Every other Contabo location reach easy 600 up to 700 Mpbs
it is better today with MT but still not like the weeks before.

2 hours later: Down from Contabo Munich : 238 Mbps

today 14.07. morning : 220 Mbps

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

just fyi: there are some data-center issues currently, i might update some things after the server comes back again while i'm at it (will take an hour or two i guess)

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

Hi, can I get my password reset at some point please? I appear to have lost it in the migration to using a password manager :p
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

Maverick2797 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 13:57
Hi, can I get my password reset at some point please? I appear to have lost it in the migration to using a password manager :p
Sure, can you log in with another account first and tell me the name of it, i need to verify your current and last ip address before i reset it :)
Also: i'm on irc and discord too..

Maverick2797
In-game: Maverick2797

by Maverick2797 » Post

BuckarooBanzay wrote:
Mon Aug 21, 2023 20:16
Maverick2797 wrote:
Sun Aug 20, 2023 13:57
Sure, can you log in with another account first and tell me the name of it, i need to verify your current and last ip address before i reset it :)
Also: i'm on irc and discord too..
Thanks for the help, but I just managed to guess my own password after more tries than I'd care to mention... immediately writes it down in password manager before goldfish memory returns
The number you have called is not available during a solar eclipse. This message will self destruct in ten seconds in protest... [BEEP]

BuckarooBanzay

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

I opened a community on the minetest lemmy instance for pandorabox: https://lemmy.minetest.ch/c/pandorabox

please post there for any future issues/requests/images (i don't check the forums regularly)
Screenshot_2023-11-11_11-24-34.png
Screenshot_2023-11-11_11-24-34.png (465.15 KiB) Viewed 721 times