Due to the ever-growing map-database size i've decided to clean up the unused portions of the map.
Currently the database contains something above 127M mapblocks and uses 70GB of disk space.
The cleanup job will be done by a small program that scans for important blocks and protections (a full list of nodes is available here: https://github.com/BuckarooBanzay/mapcl ... otected.js)
Everything not in a at least 80 node radius of one of those blocks (and not protected with an area) will be removed.
To check if everything works as expected i let the mapcleaner run on the test-server.
So far everything important is still there, but i haven't checked everything, so:
Please check if your buildings are still intact on the pandorabox test-server (test.pandorabox.io, port 30000)
The map may help too:
- Testserver: https://test.pandorabox.io/map/#!/map/0/2/0/0 (may still be in the rendering process)
- Main server: https://pandorabox.io/map/#!/map/0/2/0/0
If everything works out i'm letting the cleaner run on the main server in the next few weeks.
Some statistics from the cleanup on the test-server:
- Mapcleaner runtime: 5 days
- Database size: 70GB before, 18G after (9G gzipped, sql-dump)
- Mapblocks: 127M before, 26M after