[Server] Pandorabox

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

Re: [Server] Pandorabox

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

Important announcement:

Due to the ever-growing map-database size i've decided to clean up the unused portions of the map.
Currently the database contains something above 127M mapblocks and uses 70GB of disk space.

The cleanup job will be done by a small program that scans for important blocks and protections (a full list of nodes is available here: https://github.com/BuckarooBanzay/mapcl ... otected.js)
Everything not in a at least 80 node radius of one of those blocks (and not protected with an area) will be removed.

To check if everything works as expected i let the mapcleaner run on the test-server.
So far everything important is still there, but i haven't checked everything, so:

Please check if your buildings are still intact on the pandorabox test-server (test.pandorabox.io, port 30000)

The map may help too: And please report if anything is missing or "looks odd"
If everything works out i'm letting the cleaner run on the main server in the next few weeks.

Some statistics from the cleanup on the test-server:
  • Mapcleaner runtime: 5 days
  • Database size: 70GB before, 18G after (9G gzipped, sql-dump)
  • Mapblocks: 127M before, 26M after
All in all its about a 5th of the original database size, lets hope nothing important got wiped.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

uhm I did some landscaping , adding a highland lake or some stream here or there, never protected those in full.

BuckarooBanzay
GitHub: BuckarooBanzay
IRC: BuckarooBanzai
In-game: BuckarooBanzai

by BuckarooBanzay » Post

twoelk wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 11:57
uhm I did some landscaping , adding a highland lake or some stream here or there, never protected those in full.
There are a few buildings i have manually protected due to lack of protection. If a protector-node or travelnet is near then it should be safe though.

When in doubt you can check the map: https://test.pandorabox.io/map/#!/map/0/2/0/0