GitHub: orbitaldecay
IRC: orbitaldecay
In-game: Orby

[Server] Orby's Economy Server US 24/7

by Orby » Post

Orby's Economy Server US 24/7
hed.oni.st:30001
English

I'm running an economy / markets mod that I've been working on. You earn $1.00 for each block you break. The inventory screen is replaced with a market listing. There is a filter at the top to search for specific items you want to buy or sell. Buying and selling can be done from anywhere (not dependent on specific blocks). This server is basically for people who like player driven trading games (similar to the mechanic in EVE) and minetest.

Mods:

markets
central_bank
ubi (universal basic income)
socialtags

Last edited by Orby on Sun Jul 22, 2018 22:55, edited 7 times in total.

Skulls
In-game: Skulls

Re: [Server] Orby's Money Server US 24/7

by Skulls » Post

Nice!

Could I take some dirt or sand and dig, place, dig, place and effectively print money?

Orby

by Orby » Post

Skulls wrote:Nice!

Could I take some dirt or sand and dig, place, dig, place and effectively print money?
Yes, I've intentionally left that as a possibility. Though it's probably less work just to strip mine dirt for cash :) Of course, if you were digging for rare metals, you could sell those for potentially much greater profits than you'll make at $1.00 per dig.

Chiantos

by Chiantos » Post

Deleted message
Last edited by Chiantos on Mon Sep 30, 2019 04:39, edited 1 time in total.

Orby

by Orby » Post

Chiantos wrote:Feedback : Multitouch generate Errors.

I have a problem for down, Can you add Pages button with a limit offers in page for mobile ? Use is complicate on Android.

I have like your modify search item.

I think this is good Idea for a simulator trade and for look réactions players... Speculate or no ... Destroy économic virtual or no ? ... I think players , choice for majority speculate and you create a Crash Money resultat minetest ... Hahaha ;) .

Can you, add à field for choice à quantity for buy or sell ? And possibility enabled or disabled the choice for sell and buy all thé lot or part or lot ? Exemple : I look à offer of 10 cobble for 10 dollars, Can i buy only 3 cobble for 3 dollars ?

Good Idea , i like ;) .
I'll work on better support for the mobile version! At the moment, I'm not supporting the ability to buy partial orders because I want the sellers to control the quantities in which they want to sell (maybe you can get away with a higher unit cost if you're selling smaller quantities, etc.)

KCoombes
In-game: Knatt

Re: [Server] Orby's Economy Server US 24/7

by KCoombes » Post

Nice server, practically no lag. Markets mod seems well thought out and perfectly functional - I would move the column headers (ID, Qty, etc) to sit above the scrollable area, as inside the area they get lost quickly. Also might want to put the trash can back in the inventory, so things aren't dropped to clutter up the landscape.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Getting money from blocks is how you end up with hyperinflation. I'm currently working on completely new economy game which I'm currently calling capitalism_game, it'll be quite different from any servers
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

texmex
GitHub: tacotexmex
In-game: tacotexmex

by texmex » Post

Quite interesting. I’m looking for all types of mods with player-to-player type interaction, especially economic and cooperative ones.

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Post

Also might want to give players areas priv, as the areas mod is useless without the ability to protect an area.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Do NOT give any players the areas priv!

This privilege allows you to dig whereever you wish and edit or delete other peoples' areas
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Well great. "Do not grant areas" does not provide a solution for the protection issue, so here we go. Add the following setting to your server's minetest.conf file (or use the Advanced Settings dialogue in the mainmenu) to allow players to protect up to 4 areas on their own:

Code: Select all

areas.self_protection = true
Sauce: https://github.com/ShadowNinja/areas/bl ... gs.lua#L33
Edit: As a player this markers mod makes it much easier to protect areas. It makes digging far down or building a pile up in the sky superfluous.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

KCoombes

by KCoombes » Post

Thank you for the clarification, Krock - the error message I received from the command /protect <areaname> states I do not have the priv, not that the server owner has failed to configure the mod for player usage. I assumed it was a priv thing.

Orby

by Orby » Post

KCoombes wrote:Nice server, practically no lag. Markets mod seems well thought out and perfectly functional - I would move the column headers (ID, Qty, etc) to sit above the scrollable area, as inside the area they get lost quickly. Also might want to put the trash can back in the inventory, so things aren't dropped to clutter up the landscape.
Thanks for the feedback. I'll see if I can move the headers. The formspecs are a little tricky to work with and I'm still getting the hang of them, so I'm not sure if it's possible or not.
rubenwardy wrote:Getting money from blocks is how you end up with hyperinflation. I'm currently working on completely new economy game which I'm currently calling capitalism_game, it'll be quite different from any servers
Yeah, my main concern is that the market will get so expensive that new players will be unable to participate. We'll see how it goes. Looking forward to seeing your capitalism_game!
Krock wrote:Well great. "Do not grant areas" does not provide a solution for the protection issue, so here we go. Add the following setting to your server's minetest.conf file (or use the Advanced Settings dialogue in the mainmenu) to allow players to protect up to 4 areas on their own:

Code: Select all

areas.self_protection = true
Sauce: https://github.com/ShadowNinja/areas/bl ... gs.lua#L33
Edit: As a player this markers mod makes it much easier to protect areas. It makes digging far down or building a pile up in the sky superfluous.
Doh, thanks for the tip!

Orby

by Orby » Post

Server is now running the socialtags mod, which allows you to send messages to players and groups of players even when they are offline.

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Well so, I'm the poorest player on your server now.

Attachments
negative money.png
negative money.png (357.15 KiB) Viewed 758 times
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Orby

by Orby » Post

Krock wrote:Well so, I'm the poorest player on your server now.

Hahaha, impressive! But seriously, thanks for uncovering the bug. I'll validate the price input and fix your money :) The code is really in need of a total rewrite, so I expect there are many such bugs.

TiggerGirl111
In-game: TigerGirl111

by TiggerGirl111 » Post

Awesome server! <3 the market idea,mo money needed to be held! Also Add the bone meal mod possibly?

Orby

by Orby » Post

I'll be taking this server down this week due to lack of interest. I've updated links to the mods I wrote to run it in the OP if anyone is interested in using them. I'll probably continue to make little updates to them now and then, and will continue to support them. Thanks to everyone who checked it out!