[Server] Fantasy 2.0 (in progress)

Kenzo

[Server] Fantasy 2.0 (in progress)

by Kenzo » Post

Hi guys!

Here we present you our revised and extended mod with the topic "Fantasy".
There are already several dungeons, new magic plants, a potions system and a ritual system.
We are still working on this server. Please give us feedback, so that we can consider your advices.
You can check it out at following address:

Address: oristano.tcs.ifi.lmu.de
Port:
Name: Fantasy 2.0

Here are some instructions:
Spoiler
You can find dungeons all over the world! You recognize them by a tower. Once you entered the tower you can take the stairs down into a huge dungeon, where you can find magic mushrooms and treasures with exclusive loot. We are planning to add mobs and puzzles in future versions.

Magic Mushrooms

Treasures in Dungeons
Spoiler
How to craft a pot. In this pot you can craft the potions. You need 8 copper ingots and 1 black dye.

At first notice, that you need cleaned water for making potions. You can craft clean water like this:

Rush Potion: Makes you run faster for 60 seconds

Jump Potion makes you jump higher for 60 seconds

Invisibility Potion makes you invisible for 60 seconds

Invincibility Potion makes you invincible for 60 seconds (golden skin)

Health Potion heals you

Healing Clover
Spoiler
You need:
1) The ritual staff: You need magic crystals for this one (the crystal in the middel above). It's a new ore/stone-type.

2) The ritual platform: You need magic crystals for this one, too. You have to put the things you want to transform on the platform. Look at 3) for more informations about transformation of objects.

3) Ritual Torches: Just click with the ritual staff on a default torch, and they will transform immediately to ritual torches! :) (There's a little bug yet, but we will remove it. The ritual torch is placed from up to down, but you can dig it and after placing it, it is placed the right way! :)

There are 3 different types of rituals.
The ritual torches have to be placed the right way.
1. Torch in every corner of the ritual platform

2. Torches like a crest around the ritual platform

3. All torches placed

Try it out! :)

Things you can transform with a ritual: Stoneblock, Coalblock, Straw, Obsidian, Goldblock, Red Mushroom, Torch, Sand, white wool. But you have to find out by yourself, which ritual type you need for which things. ;) We will add more items in future and place the recipes in the game.
Best regards,
MissDejavu and Kenzo

MissDejavu

Re: [Server] Fantasy 2.0 (in progress)

by MissDejavu » Post

Some further information:

we also added a giant glant (bean-poles) with special behavior in growth. If you can find a beanpole that has grown out you should be able to find a flower with gold, seeds and a magic crystal on top, but strangely it is not breakable sometimes (could not yet figure out why).

There is also some stuff on our todo list, that we will definitely make, for example:
- background story (some things you can find inside the dungeons and maybe also over ground)
- some magic related mobs

If you have any idea or if you played on the server and have something you think we should definitely add, just tell us :)

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

It seems there is something interesting here :) The mod looks like nice on the description. I`ll look at the server some day.

Kenzo

by Kenzo » Post

@Andrey01: Thanks! We hope you will have some fun there. :)
We would be very glad to hear some feedback from you after playing on the server.
We are still learning and want to become better and better!

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

Not sure if its added already but i suggest adding unified_inventory.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

MissDejavu

by MissDejavu » Post

Stix wrote:Not sure if its added already but i suggest adding unified_inventory.
Since this is a university project, our goal is to create something new and present that on the server.. but I guess for the gaming experience it would be good to combine it with some existing mods. I think we need to talk about this in our course. Thanks a lot for the input! :)

Stix

by Stix » Post

MissDejavu wrote:
Stix wrote:Not sure if its added already but i suggest adding unified_inventory.
Since this is a university project, our goal is to create something new and present that on the server.. but I guess for the gaming experience it would be good to combine it with some existing mods. I think we need to talk about this in our course. Thanks a lot for the input! :)
Yes ik that this is meant to bring players a whole new and unique experience. But some mods improve usability so much that they should be included, and that's why i suggested unified_inventory.

Stix

by Stix » Post

Just a personal criticism but i don't like the sound of "clean water" that much, and suggest using the title "purified water" instead as it better describes the item and is much more pleasing to hear.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Unified inventory is terrible. You also don't gain much other than a bigger inventory when comparing to sfinv with a craft guide mod
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

rubenwardy wrote:Unified inventory is terrible.
Quoted for emphasis and agreement.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

I`ve played on your server there are my impressions here:
I like a towers that built from cobblestone and also underground corridirs where player needs to find violet mushrooms. The mod is really nice.

Simultaneously the server has many lacks, ones of them:
1. No crafting guide. It would enable to players to learn about what stuff the server has and how to get them that is considered very necessary for my point.

2. No protection. It is also very important as any player can not protect his house without it in griefing case. Most servers use it.

3. No HUD hunger and armor. It is less important, but i would advise to use it as the mods look like cool themselves. Together with them the game would be more interesting.

4. No furniture. I would also advise to use something like Homedecor or Ma & and Pop`s Furniture mods. It would enable to player to furnish and decorate their houses. Without any mods they would look like poor.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

And 5. No trees. Why? There are only fields with bushes here and i did not find out any tree.

MissDejavu

by MissDejavu » Post

Andrey01 wrote:I`ve played on your server there are my impressions here:
I like a towers that built from cobblestone and also underground corridirs where player needs to find violet mushrooms. The mod is really nice.

1. No crafting guide. It would enable to players to learn about what stuff the server has and how to get them that is considered very necessary for my point.

2. No protection. It is also very important as any player can not protect his house without it in griefing case. Most servers use it.

3. No HUD hunger and armor. It is less important, but i would advise to use it as the mods look like cool themselves. Together with them the game would be more interesting.

4. No furniture. I would also advise to use something like Homedecor or Ma & and Pop`s Furniture mods. It would enable to player to furnish and decorate their houses. Without any mods they would look like poor.
Hi Andrey, thanks a lot for your feedback!
We are glad you like the concept and also the dungeons. :)
Of course there is still a lot to do, and some important things are missing.

1. The crafting guide is currently in progress (together with background story)...totally agree, that this is the most important todo right now.
2. Which mod would you suggest? I searched a bit and it seems "Home protection mod" and for the spawn "area protection" are the most common
3.+4. Sounds also like a good idea :)

MissDejavu

by MissDejavu » Post

Andrey01 wrote:And 5. No trees. Why? There are only fields with bushes here and i did not find out any tree.
It is normal MapGen Version 7 I think... so there are trees, it is just a bit unlucky that there aren't a lot near the spawn area. But if you go south a bit, then you find a lot :D

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

MissDejavu wrote:
Andrey01 wrote:I`ve played on your server there are my impressions here:

Hi Andrey, thanks a lot for your feedback!
We are glad you like the concept and also the dungeons. :)
Of course there is still a lot to do, and some important things are missing.

1. The crafting guide is currently in progress (together with background story)...totally agree, that this is the most important todo right now.
2. Which mod would you suggest? I searched a bit and it seems "Home protection mod" and for the spawn "area protection" are the most common
3.+4. Sounds also like a good idea :)
2. Protector Redo or Areas mod: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=7239 viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9376
3. Here are Homedecor and Ma & Pop`s Furniture mods: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=2041https://forum. ... =9&t=17421 and also Hud Hunger: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11153

Also, could you add Advanced Trains viewtopic.php?f=11&t=14726, Caverealms viewtopic.php?f=11&t=18413, Mobs Redo viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9917 , Farming Redo viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9019 and Vehicles viewtopic.php?f=9&t=15610&hilit=vehicles mods?

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Post

How do I add guide and skin selection to sinv? All I see is a craft grid.
rubenwardy wrote:Unified inventory is terrible. You also don't gain much other than a bigger inventory when comparing to sfinv with a craft guide mod

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

Hello profile reader

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

Kenzo and MissDejavu, i`ve noticed you have added areas mod. But it seems nobody can protect something as players don`t have a priviliege for it. What to do?

rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

You need to set a setting to allow users to self protect, or you need to protect areas on request

Hello profile reader

MissDejavu

by MissDejavu » Post

Yes, I added it to protect the spawn... but we are not yet sure if we want to add this protection thing in general. I understand why people like it but on the other hand I don't really like the idea of having lots of assigned pieces of land.

Stix

by Stix » Post

What about some magic-related protection; like a magic cauldron that has to be maintained?

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

MissDejavu wrote:Yes, I added it to protect the spawn... but we are not yet sure if we want to add this protection thing in general. I understand why people like it but on the other hand I don't really like the idea of having lots of assigned pieces of land.
But it is really necessary. Then just there is no any mind to build something there because 99% it will be broken soon.

BTW, a house that i built a few days ago was destroyed next day at once.

MissDejavu

by MissDejavu » Post

Andrey01 wrote:
MissDejavu wrote:Yes, I added it to protect the spawn... but we are not yet sure if we want to add this protection thing in general. I understand why people like it but on the other hand I don't really like the idea of having lots of assigned pieces of land.
But it is really necessary. Then just there is no any mind to build something there because 99% it will be broken soon.

BTW, a house that i built a few days ago was destroyed next day at once.
I see.. it's a bit sad that this is really necessary because some people are so destructive.
We will see what we can do about this! (Although probably not this week because we have other exams now q.q)
Stix wrote: What about some magic-related protection; like a magic cauldron that has to be maintained?
This sounds like a good compromise! :) Do you know if there already exists a mod with that or similar functionality?
Last edited by MissDejavu on Mon Jul 16, 2018 09:27, edited 1 time in total.

Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

MissDejavu, and then add Unified Inventory. It is just necessary, too!

Kenzo

by Kenzo » Post

Thank you very much for your great feedback yet! We are looking forward to hear more from you! We try to take your advice into account.

MissDejavu and me have some news for you! :)

Just take a look at the following screenshots for some insights!
We added some new mobs to our fantasy related server. They are elemental ghosts/creatures, which will have the ability to develop to other elements because of their surroundings or feelings in future versions. They dont have a intelligence right now (some of them can evolve to other mobs) and they cannot fight right now, but you can fight them. We are still working on them! We used the Simple Mobs-Mod of PilzAdam as a basis.

And we made a 3d-model for our giant plant!
You can discover more dungeons with treasures! :)

Some mods we added yet, because of your request:
- craftguide
- kpg-mobs
- ma_pops_furniture

Some questions for you to answer:
- How should the mobs behave?
- How much of them should appear in the world and where?
- Would you like to have a bigger mob, like a boss-mob?
- Do you have any ideas, which would enhance our concept?

We are happy to hear your feedback, because it helps us to understand what is important for you as an user.
Spoiler