[Server] Asengard SHUT DOWN

AccidentallyRhine

[Server] Asengard SHUT DOWN

by AccidentallyRhine » Post

Unfortunately, this server has been closed.
Spoiler
Spoiler
An old world rich with history, bearing a slow yet enduring march toward greatness. We sport a cooperative survival world with consensual PvP. The focus is geared toward civilization building but feel free to play as you see fit in less populated regions. We highly value personal liberty and player autonomy. Moderators are colleagues with other players, not rulers over them. We adhere to stable Minetest releases and roughly two dozen mods including such things as an economy and transportation. Come and inscribe your chapter in the epic of Asengard.
Spoiler
Address: terralibre.co
Port: 30000

Leave a message in this thread stating that you are interested. If accepted, an invitation will be sent to you and interact privilege will be granted to your account name.
Spoiler
Some of our mods are placeholders for content which is not yet implemented into Minetest Game, the rest are option mods to craft Asengard into the world it is today. The aim is for little redundancy as solutions will not be added for things that are already addressed by default or by existing mods. Why these impositions? It allows Asengard to remain nimble on its feet, prepared for changes and updates. True complexity is derived from smaller, simpler components.

Mods undergo comprehensive examination before being deployed to Asengard which means, with few exceptions, our mods must be:
- Stable and released mods only (not WIP).
- Only default (or as few as possible) dependencies.
- Developer activity within the last 1-24 months.
- Simple mods, avoiding bloat-contributing rewrites.

Mod features are updated only for Minetest stable releases, with isolated bug fixes and security patches in the interim. The moderation team includes an appalling programmer but have developed in-house mods and fixes to the best of their abilities.
Spoiler
This world is unique in that it began life as a Minecraft world, later ported to Minetest thanks to sofar’s mcimport program. But even before such a transformation, Asengard has always moved between maps as additions and changes to mapgen accumulate beyond a significant level. Ordinarily, only the most symbolic builds (capitol cities, megabuilds) are saved and transferred. We will communicate what gets flagged for preservation as each transfer approaches.
Spoiler
Your protected land and locked containers are your only safe areas.
Cheating or otherwise exploiting Minetest will invoke a ban. If the community or moderation team determines that one's behavior is incompatible with Asengard's expectations, one's privileges will be revoked.

Pillars upon which Asengard stands:

- Cooperative survival
- Speak freely, afford others the same
- Maturity
- PvP by consent only
- Avoid trespassing, vandalism or theft
- Competence
Last edited by AccidentallyRhine on Fri Apr 17, 2020 23:29, edited 4 times in total.

AccidentallyRhine

Re: [Server] Asengard

Reserved

Krock
Developer
GitHub: SmallJoker

by Krock » Post

Straight away - It looks like an ordinary mgv6 map with mg_villages installed. What does the server make special? Is it the choice of mods, many interesting builds or a solid community?
AccidentallyRhine wrote:Mod features are updated only for Minetest stable releases, with isolated bug fixes and security patches in the interim.
This sounds very dangerous, especially when using an outdated unified_inventory, bags, protector, 3d_armor or creative mod (last one fixed by the 0.4.17 release). They all allow either multiplying items or anyone to crash your server.
Look, I programmed a bug for you. >> Mod Search Engine << - Mods by Krock - DuckDuckGo mod search bang: !mtmod <keyword here>

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

by Stix » Post

"PVP by consent only".

Lost interest immediately.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

AccidentallyRhine

7/29/18 Server silently opened.
Krock wrote:
Spoiler
Straight away - It looks like an ordinary mgv6 map with mg_villages installed. What does the server make special? Is it the choice of mods, many interesting builds or a solid community?
AccidentallyRhine wrote:Mod features are updated only for Minetest stable releases, with isolated bug fixes and security patches in the interim.
This sounds very dangerous, especially when using an outdated unified_inventory, bags, protector, 3d_armor or creative mod (last one fixed by the 0.4.17 release). They all allow either multiplying items or anyone to crash your server.
That image is cobbled together from previous worlds so not 1:1 representative. Consider it a placeholder. And mods do receive security fixes. If not customized, it is simply a matter of pulling from latest git and commenting out any new content which upsets feature stability.

CountMace
GitHub: CountMace
IRC: CountMace
In-game: CountMace

by CountMace » Post

AccidentallyRhine wrote:Image
Spoiler
An old world rich with history, bearing a slow yet enduring march toward greatness. We sport a cooperative survival world with consensual PvP. The focus is geared toward civilization building but feel free to play as you see fit in less populated regions. We highly value personal liberty and player autonomy. Moderators are colleagues with other players, not rulers over them. We adhere to stable Minetest releases and roughly two dozen mods including such things as an economy and transportation. Come and inscribe your chapter in the epic of Asengard.
Spoiler
Address: terralibre.co
Port: 30000

Leave a message in this thread stating that you are interested. If accepted, an invitation will be sent to you and interact privilege will be granted to your account name.
Spoiler
Some of our mods are placeholders for content which is not yet implemented into Minetest Game, the rest are option mods to craft Asengard into the world it is today. The aim is for little redundancy as solutions will not be added for things that are already addressed by default or by existing mods. Why these impositions? It allows Asengard to remain nimble on its feet, prepared for changes and updates. True complexity is derived from smaller, simpler components.

Mods undergo comprehensive examination before being deployed to Asengard which means, with few exceptions, our mods must be:
- Stable and released mods only (not WIP).
- Only default (or as few as possible) dependencies.
- Developer activity within the last 1-24 months.
- Simple mods, avoiding bloat-contributing rewrites.

Mod features are updated only for Minetest stable releases, with isolated bug fixes and security patches in the interim. The moderation team includes an appalling programmer but have developed in-house mods and fixes to the best of their abilities.
Spoiler
This world is unique in that it began life as a Minecraft world, later ported to Minetest thanks to sofar’s mcimport program. But even before such a transformation, Asengard has always moved between maps as additions and changes to mapgen accumulate beyond a significant level. Ordinarily, only the most symbolic builds (capitol cities, megabuilds) are saved and transferred. We will communicate what gets flagged for preservation as each transfer approaches.
Spoiler
Your protected land and locked containers are your only safe areas.
Cheating or otherwise exploiting Minetest will invoke a ban. If the community or moderation team determines that one's behavior is incompatible with Asengard's expectations, one's privileges will be revoked.

Pillars upon which Asengard stands:

- Cooperative survival
- Speak freely, afford others the same
- Maturity
- PvP by consent only
- Avoid trespassing, vandalism or theft
- Competence

JiCeyCraft
In-game: JiCeyPlay

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Hello :D

JiCeyCraft joined Asengard 2 days ago.
And requesting "Interact", please.

By the way, do you have a choice of skins, on the server?

Thank you for your quick response.

EDIT : My bad, my bad! I have just noticed I had it already. ( /privs command is useful, when you don't forget to use it, of course! :D )
Trust and Honesty are necessary conditions for friendship. (Princess Celestia)

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Bows are NOT working! >:(

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

I don't know if I'm missing a "Privs", but the Enchantment Table does not work either... :/ :'(

EDIT : I have had an idea : I added 2 more Bookshelves to the first one. Now, it's working. *facehoof!*

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

Enchantment Table, second episode : it worked ONCE; but not anymore. :/

AccidentallyRhine

JiCeyCraft wrote:Bows are NOT working! >:(
Arrows need to be placed into the slot left of the bow. Click once to draw the bow, and then click again to fire the arrow.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

AccidentallyRhine wrote:
JiCeyCraft wrote:Bows are NOT working! >:(
Arrows need to be placed into the slot left of the bow. Click once to draw the bow, and then click again to fire the arrow.
Okay, noted.
Now, about the Enchant Table? I have tried it and no idea on how it works. I use Mese Cristals but, when I click on an enchantment, nothing happens...

AccidentallyRhine

The maintainer of xdecor (from which the enchantment table originates) had a falling out with the maintainer of 3Darmor a while back, causing support for armor to be removed from the enchanting table. As of right now, only basic tools (swords, shovels, etc) will be enchantable until the next stable release update.

JiCeyCraft

by JiCeyCraft » Post

AccidentallyRhine wrote:The maintainer of xdecor (from which the enchantment table originates) had a falling out with the maintainer of 3Darmor a while back, causing support for armor to be removed from the enchanting table. As of right now, only basic tools (swords, shovels, etc) will be enchantable until the next stable release update.
*facepalm* >.< I see...

Zabralkan
In-game: Zabralkan

by Zabralkan » Post

Hi! I'm interested in joining the server. :-)