Server Needs Admin!

User avatar
meseking
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 17:39
GitHub: mesegit
IRC: meseking
In-game: meseking

Server Needs Admin!

by meseking » Sat Sep 22, 2018 18:46

Hello all.
I am willing to host a server for anyone who wants to admin it. I will include any mod you want (so long as they are stable). I don't mind what gamemode it is, although i personally prefer creative. The server will allow in the region of 50 players.

If anybody is interested, please write back!

P.S: This may cost, depending on maintenance. I will post specs soon!
Decent programmer, Decent at minetest, Decent at mese
 

User avatar
meseking
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 17:39
GitHub: mesegit
IRC: meseking
In-game: meseking

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by meseking » Sat Sep 22, 2018 18:49

OS: Ubuntu 16.04 xenial
Kernel: i686 Linux 4.4.0-134-generic
Uptime: 5h 19m
Packages: 1730
Shell: bash 4.3.48
Resolution: 1280x1024
DE: XFCE
WM: Xfwm4
WM Theme: Greybird
GTK Theme: Greybird [GTK2]
Icon Theme: elementary-xfce-darker
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 3.023GHz
GPU: Mesa DRI Intel(R) Q35 x86/MMX/SSE2
RAM: 1242MiB / 7958MiB
Decent programmer, Decent at minetest, Decent at mese
 

User avatar
Stix
Member
 
Posts: 1249
Joined: Fri Aug 04, 2017 14:19
Location: USA
IRC: Stix + Stix_
In-game: Stix

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by Stix » Sat Sep 22, 2018 22:30

I think LMD would be interested in this for a Magic-CTF server.
Playing at Elkien3 Factions.
Need to know something? "Google it" --GreenDimond
Next release of your favorite game? "Bugfixes" --Wuzzy
[OLD]The new Minetest-offtopic can be found here: https://minetestoftopic.createaforum.com/index.php
 

User avatar
meseking
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 17:39
GitHub: mesegit
IRC: meseking
In-game: meseking

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by meseking » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:53

Stix wrote:I think LMD would be interested in this for a Magic-CTF server.

OK, ask LMD to contact me
Decent programmer, Decent at minetest, Decent at mese
 

User avatar
JNEITRONS
Member
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Nov 08, 2017 14:32
Location: Minetest
GitHub: JNEITRONS
IRC: NEITRON
In-game: NEITRON

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by JNEITRONS » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:38

meseking i can make survival server.
 

User avatar
LMD
Member
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 08:16
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow : Bonn, Germany
GitHub: appgurueu
In-game: LMD + PRO_LMD + Limo

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by LMD » Sun Sep 23, 2018 15:04

We (I and KGM) are interested in this for a Magic-CTF server. Read about Magic-CTF here : magicctf.github.io
However, we didn't release Magic-CTF ATM, there are still some things to change to make it stable...
But this is a completely new subgame...
Magic-CTF(soon)MTPCFractal-SuiteModel Creator Schematic CreatorColorfulXmas BallsWebsite • Never judge me by my age
 

User avatar
meseking
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 17:39
GitHub: mesegit
IRC: meseking
In-game: meseking

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by meseking » Sun Sep 23, 2018 18:31

LMD: Ok, that sounds like a good idea. I also need to do a little set-up.
Also, do you have IRC as it easier to talk.
Do you have any current servers?
Decent programmer, Decent at minetest, Decent at mese
 

User avatar
LMD
Member
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 08:16
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow : Bonn, Germany
GitHub: appgurueu
In-game: LMD + PRO_LMD + Limo

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by LMD » Sun Sep 23, 2018 19:46

Probably we can talk on Discord ? Maybe the Magic-CTF Discussion server : https://discord.gg/77NvmSY
No, I don't have any current servers.
I have IRC but would prefer Discord, it works quite similar, but is simply - better.
Magic-CTF(soon)MTPCFractal-SuiteModel Creator Schematic CreatorColorfulXmas BallsWebsite • Never judge me by my age
 

User avatar
meseking
Member
 
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2018 17:39
GitHub: mesegit
IRC: meseking
In-game: meseking

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by meseking » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:55

The prices have now been released!

It will cost in the region of £12-25. All money will go to the upkeep of the server. The upkeep costs £25, so I will pay the remainder. E.G: You = £12.50, Me = £12.50

Regards
Decent programmer, Decent at minetest, Decent at mese
 

User avatar
LMD
Member
 
Posts: 676
Joined: Sat Apr 08, 2017 08:16
Location: Somewhere over the Rainbow : Bonn, Germany
GitHub: appgurueu
In-game: LMD + PRO_LMD + Limo

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by LMD » Mon Sep 24, 2018 15:36

Sorry, but as minors we are unable to pay any money. I apparently got you wrong / misunderstood you.
Magic-CTF(soon)MTPCFractal-SuiteModel Creator Schematic CreatorColorfulXmas BallsWebsite • Never judge me by my age
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
GitHub: minetestmodder
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by DELTA_FORCE » Sun Nov 04, 2018 22:58

Hey meseking,
You could always host the server then ask around for moderators to administer, but LMD is right. Most of us on the forums are minors and can't just send money until they are at least 18 (well, in America I think the policy has changed). My idea is maybe turn the server into a server for developers and moderators to build and discuss ideas with visuals, but if you need someone to Administer, I can do it, just can't pay for it as I am not just a minor but don't have paypal, venmo, bitcoin, dogecoin, etc.
 

shivajiva
Member
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Fri Nov 27, 2015 09:41
In-game: shivajiva

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by shivajiva » Tue Nov 13, 2018 01:40

This topic is just click bait, there is no server so perhaps it should be retitled to 'Who wants to share the cost of a VPS to host a minetest server?'
Even then it's unclear as to what advantage there is to sharing the costs, you seem to want to be in charge of it :)
Good luck with your quest!
 

User avatar
doyousketch2
Member
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 16:06
Location: Ohio
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by doyousketch2 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 03:09

meseking wrote:50 players

Kernel: i686 Linux 4.4.0-134-generic
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 3.023GHz
Uptime: 5h 19m
Packages: 1730
DE: XFCE
RAM: 1242MiB / 7958MiB


i686?? You're running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit processor. Why?
Enjoy wasting clock cycles for the conversion?

Pentium Dual? That processor is 10 years old,
no way it costs $25 a month for that. this guy got one for $0.25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgHglAQViMI

5 hours uptime? Anybody with Linux experience knows why this is funny. IF this were a legit service that required $25 a month, they'd have an uptime of years, not hours.

Lightweight XFCE, but it takes 1242 MB just to run??
I can boot up XFCE in under 300 Meg. What other useless processes out of those 1730 packages are wasting cycles on this server?
If I'm paying that much, I wouldn't want pointless packages cluttering up my game time.

More importantly, how about bandwidth. You haven't even mentioned that, and that's #1 priority when "50 players" are on.

My guess is your parents got another PC, so you thought you'd turn the old one into a Minetest server, and charge some gullible kid for it.
 

HONEYBOOBOOCHILD
Member
 
Posts: 54
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2018 02:51

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by HONEYBOOBOOCHILD » Tue Nov 13, 2018 07:02

doyousketch2 wrote:
meseking wrote:50 players

Kernel: i686 Linux 4.4.0-134-generic
CPU: Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2160 @ 3.023GHz
Uptime: 5h 19m
Packages: 1730
DE: XFCE
RAM: 1242MiB / 7958MiB


i686?? You're running a 32-bit OS on a 64-bit processor. Why?
Enjoy wasting clock cycles for the conversion?

Pentium Dual? That processor is 10 years old,
no way it costs $25 a month for that. this guy got one for $0.25
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgHglAQViMI

5 hours uptime? Anybody with Linux experience knows why this is funny. IF this were a legit service that required $25 a month, they'd have an uptime of years, not hours.

Lightweight XFCE, but it takes 1242 MB just to run??
I can boot up XFCE in under 300 Meg. What other useless processes out of those 1730 packages are wasting cycles on this server?
If I'm paying that much, I wouldn't want pointless packages cluttering up my game time.

More importantly, how about bandwidth. You haven't even mentioned that, and that's #1 priority when "50 players" are on.

My guess is your parents got another PC, so you thought you'd turn the old one into a Minetest server, and charge some gullible kid for it.


yes, scam. funny post.
 

DELTA_FORCE
Member
 
Posts: 20
Joined: Tue Oct 30, 2018 01:26
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
GitHub: minetestmodder
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by DELTA_FORCE » Tue Nov 13, 2018 23:05

Guys,
I already am an Administrator for this server. It's not clickbait, its just been taken. I'm just a friend of meseking and got admin. Me and him aren't even working on this anymore, were working on mods and games for minetest. This page should be taken down soon. Please note that the processor is very good, although its old.
 

User avatar
BBmine
Member
 
Posts: 3455
Joined: Sun Jul 12, 2015 22:51
Location: USA
GitHub: BBmine
IRC: BBmine
In-game: Baggins

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by BBmine » Wed Nov 14, 2018 01:36

DELTA_FORCE wrote:Guys,
I already am an Administrator for this server. It's not clickbait, its just been taken. I'm just a friend of meseking and got admin. Me and him aren't even working on this anymore, were working on mods and games for minetest. This page should be taken down soon. Please note that the processor is very good, although its old.

Ya'll aren't working on it anymore? What happened?
 

User avatar
doyousketch2
Member
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Feb 05, 2013 16:06
Location: Ohio
GitHub: doyousketch2
In-game: Sketch2

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by doyousketch2 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 18:58

BBmine wrote:Ya'll aren't working on it anymore? What happened?

I can tell ya what didn't happen: 50 players.
 

sofar
Developer
 
Posts: 1747
Joined: Fri Jan 16, 2015 07:31
GitHub: sofar
IRC: sofar
In-game: sofar

Re: Server Needs Admin!

by sofar » Wed Nov 14, 2018 19:54

I am tempted to lock the channel, due to the unlikely chance that this thread will actually go anywhere.
 


Return to Servers



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests