glomie's server

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

carlvelleri wrote:i mean by upgradeing because the hard drive is very new
Back up anything you want to keep on the USB drive, and you'll be fine.
glomie wrote:
carlvelleri wrote:he said he cant go back
In real, i don't know if old version work with map modified with newest version.
Going back would cause some locked chests to not open in any client (I think) and would leave unknown items where mese crystals once were.

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

glomie wrote:
carlvelleri wrote:will i lose anything by upgradeing to linux?
If you can lose something, you will lose it when your hard drive will get age.
(that mean yes.)

because i dont wanna lose anything when i upgrade to windows linux

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

0gb.us wrote:
glomie wrote:
In real, i don't know if old version work with map modified with newest version.
Going back would cause some locked chests to not open in any client (I think) and would leave unknown items where mese crystals once were.
and i dont have thumb drive so i guess im stuck with windows 7 i mean i can get into locked chest but once i make more and place them i cant open them but i do have storeage ones hidden but cant access them because someone put protect blocks making me unable to gain them

0gb.us

by 0gb.us » Post

carlvelleri wrote:and i dont have thumb drive so i guess im stuck with windows 7 i mean i can get into locked chest but once i make more and place them i cant open them but i do have storeage ones hidden but cant access them because someone put protect blocks making me unable to gain them
My condolences on being stuck with Windows.

As for the chests, that sounds exactly like the dev/stable issue. Any chest PLACED before Glomie started using the dev version should continue working as usual. So if you picked up your old locked chests and moved them, they would stop working.

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

0gb.us wrote:
glomie wrote:
according to the guide i can install it and just pick if i want to use linux or windows 7 when i start up the computer

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

0gb.us wrote:
carlvelleri wrote:and i dont have thumb drive so i guess im stuck with windows 7 i mean i can get into locked chest but once i make more and place them i cant open them but i do have storeage ones hidden but cant access them because someone put protect blocks making me unable to gain them

As for the chests, that sounds exactly like the dev/stable issue. Any chest PLACED before Glomie started using the dev version should continue working as usual. So if you picked up your old locked chests and moved them, they would stop working.

people had locked chests put down before he switched and some of them cant get into the chests

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

carlvelleri wrote:
0gb.us wrote:

people had locked chests put down before he switched and some of them cant get into the chests
ill just do it like that guide said about adding it and ill just pick what i wanna use when i start computer up

glomie

by glomie » Post

carlvelleri wrote:
glomie wrote:
there has to be a way to test it
Tested, and finally, that just crash the game...
Sorry for my bad english...

Miner_48er

by Miner_48er » Post

carlvelleri

Third option:

Compiled versions of 0.4.4-d1

http://minetest.ru/builds/minetest-2013 ... 0d09a8.zip

unzip and ready to play
Come visit our Minetest 0.4.13 Server at: LinuxGaming2.com, port 30000
Screenshots, overview maps, and server info at: http://forum.minetest.net/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5684

glomie

by glomie » Post

New spawn point, you can go at old spawn point with command /old.

glomie

by glomie » Post

Boat mod installed.

trukoil

by trukoil » Post

Glomie, server on port 30000 has strange cart behavior, some of them won't accelerate on mesecon-powered rail and some don't go after a pick click but they slowly move on a side, on the other side the go normally.
I don't always sign a post
but when i do, i dig.

trukoil

by trukoil » Post

Nope, cart won't react with mesecon rails.
but when i do, i dig.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Is this an open PVP/raiding (aka ''survival'') server? Just wondering.
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

trukoil

by trukoil » Post

For PvP there's the server port 30001 (94.23.33.108:30001)
but when i do, i dig.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

trukoil wrote:For PvP there's the server port 30001 (94.23.33.108:30001)
Thank you for the information. If only more people were on this server more often, that would be nice...
"All we need it the right major crisis and the nations will accept the new world order."

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

Can glomie possibly edit the topic post of this thread, to make it more welcoming to people and a little more informative? That may make more people want to come to the server. Just sayin'...
Last edited by SegFault22 on Sat Mar 09, 2013 01:53, edited 1 time in total.

glomie

by glomie » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Can glomie possibly edit the topic post of this thread, to make it more welcoming to people and a little more informative? That may make more people want to come to the server. Just sayin'...
Edited

I don't forget minetest, i just other thing to do...

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

glomie wrote:
SegFault22 wrote:Can glomie possibly edit the topic post of this thread, to make it more welcoming to people and a little more informative? That may make more people want to come to the server. Just sayin'...
Edited

I don't forget minetest, i just other thing to do...
Thank you, now it looks better. I don't mean to rush you or anything, I just want more people to visit the server and play there, possibly making Minetest more popular as people post their creations on YouTube, and other stuff.

glomie

by glomie » Post

SegFault22 wrote:Thank you, now it looks better. I don't mean to rush you or anything, I just want more people to visit the server and play there, possibly making Minetest more popular as people post their creations on YouTube, and other stuff.
No problem.

glomie

by glomie » Post

Mod linkstone added

glomie

by glomie » Post

updated to version 0.4.5
(and craft guide still not work, and i don't know why...)
Last edited by glomie on Sun Mar 24, 2013 01:39, edited 1 time in total.

trukoil

by trukoil » Post

Glomie, i have an idea for testing Minetest new features: a Minetest git/nightly server on port 30002 (for example) updated weekly, with map reset on new version. Maybe few or no external mod at all.
Last edited by trukoil on Mon Mar 25, 2013 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
but when i do, i dig.

glomie

by glomie » Post

trukoil wrote:Glomie, i have an idea for testing Minetest new features: a Minetest git/nightly server on port 30002 (for example) updated weekly, with map reset on new version. Maybe few or no external mod at all.
I don't think is usefull, payer don't like when map is reset, and for testing, singleplayer is enough.

trukoil

by trukoil » Post

glomie wrote:I don't think is usefull, payer don't like when map is reset, and for testing, singleplayer is enough.
You're right.
but when i do, i dig.