Menche's Freebuild Server

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

Menche wrote:
SmileyJester wrote:How can you own or protect land because i'm so confused
There's a teleport in the spawn room; in the building on the other side, there's a shop giving away free protectors. Just place one and everything around it (I believe within 8 nodes) will be protected.
Actually, it protects blocks for five nodes in each direction (thus forming an 11x11x11 cube centered on the protection block). Incidentally, this piece of information also needs to be fixed in the tutorial area.
carlvelleri wrote:i see someone has tried attacking the government building because there was no exit and signs where removed
I assumed that no-one got around to putting the signs back up after the server undid our work and that muffin had blocked up the doorway because that's his way of signalling that something is incomplete (he did this once with the mall, much to the annoyance of those of us trapped inside, and I think there's some cobble blocking up his shop doors currently). I just took the barricade down to go in and replaced it on my way out, thus it is likely that I'll be cited in the rollback…

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

ok and nolan was telling me something about your giving me admin rights or something

mrtux

by mrtux » Post

Menche, I'm back. I'll come on quite a bit now, especially when I build a new computer.
You can give me the moderator privs back (if you want)
Last edited by mrtux on Fri Jul 05, 2013 18:29, edited 1 time in total.
thanks doge

Darkbee

by Darkbee » Post

Is there any way my password can be reset? I'm trying to use the same username on the server as I'm using here. I had a disconnect problem yesterday, where the server/my game was a little screwy so I tried to disconnect and reconnect but couldn't get back on. I'm wondering if my account has somehow become locked. Or maybe I'm just a derp and forgot my password.

If it can't then no harm done. I hadn't really built anything, just claimed some land.

Thanks.

UPDATE: You can probably ignore this request. I think I was getting servers confused.
Last edited by Darkbee on Wed Jul 10, 2013 19:22, edited 1 time in total.
Minetest [mahyntest]
adjective
1. The most superior block sandbox game. Have you played Minetest? It's the minetest!
2. The greatest in quantity. I scored the minetest haul of Mese last night when mining!

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

Comming Soon: New Comer City it will be named Comer City there will be alot of jobs available in the city and they are as follow: Miner,Lumber Jack,Baker,Smelter,Construction Crew,Water Facility Worker, BlackSmith, Shop Keepers.

if you would like a job in the city please reply to this with your name and your job

ray8888

by ray8888 » Post

Menche can you fix the map_meta.txt all have to do is put a new one in to fix it so if it crash's it will save your stuff.
fuck off

nolan

by nolan » Post

carlvelleri wrote:Comming Soon: New Comer City it will be named Comer City there will be alot of jobs available in the city and they are as follow: Miner,Lumber Jack,Baker,Smelter,Construction Crew,Water Facility Worker, BlackSmith, Shop Keepers.

if you would like a job in the city please reply to this with your name and your job
I can be a miner, i already get a ton of mining ores in small time, i have been playing about 2 weeks and i have over 210 diamonds and 700 mese. In-game name nolan.
Last edited by nolan on Sat Jul 13, 2013 09:52, edited 1 time in total.
Minecraft Came Out For The Ps3

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

ok nolan your one of the miners :) im still looking for a big enough piece of land for the city, and i wont be able to be on tomarrow at all im going to be running maintence on the computer as well as spending time with family so i ask everyone to be good

Inocudom
IRC: Inocudom
In-game: Inocudom

by Inocudom » Post

ray8888 wrote:Menche can you fix the map_meta.txt all have to do is put a new one in to fix it so if it crash's it will save your stuff.
It is very important that a server map is backed up.

Johnyknowhow
In-game: Minetestian

by Johnyknowhow » Post

Inocudom wrote:
ray8888 wrote:Menche can you fix the map_meta.txt all have to do is put a new one in to fix it so if it crash's it will save your stuff.
It's MEGA important to have a server backed up. I lost a whole castle, and a lot of steel.
It's weird looking back on my old posts as an adult. Miss some of the old times though. Johnyknowhow#5272

nolan

by nolan » Post

Johnyknowhow wrote:
Inocudom wrote:
It's MEGA important to have a server backed up. I lost a whole castle, and a lot of steel.
Ive lost diamonds, and every other ore numerous times of mining when the server just randomly shuts down because somebody tried using a bucket (fixed now) or bronze hoe or some shop

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

menche the map is very slow loading all over

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

is something wrong with the server i logged on and it said server shutting down right after i logged on

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

Menche, something appears to be wrong with server i have tried logging in after a computer reboot and i still get message of server shutting down

nolan

by nolan » Post

carlvelleri wrote:Menche, something appears to be wrong with server i have tried logging in after a computer reboot and i still get message of server shutting down
I dont have the same issue that u have, but instead i just plainly cannot connect. And the pumpkis still do not grow menche :(

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

i just tried logging in after reinstalling and now its saying client disconnect

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

it still wont let me in the server it still says client disconnect

nolan

by nolan » Post

carlvelleri wrote:it still wont let me in the server it still says client disconnect
I don't understand your problem, but i must ask why you are double posting on this forum, you only need to tell pus with one post :P

hdastwb
GitHub: hdastwb
IRC: hdastwb
In-game: hdastwb

by hdastwb » Post

it doesn't like us any more :(

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

i know and i worked oh so hard on my weird lava guarded home plus my building and searching for other building locations

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

why would it say client disconnected all i did was move 2 steps of my home location heading towards an open uncliamed field and i relogged due to lag then it started saying server shutdown every time i logged in and now it says client disconnected

nolan

by nolan » Post

carlvelleri wrote:why would it say client disconnected all i did was move 2 steps of my home location heading towards an open uncliamed field and i relogged due to lag then it started saying server shutdown every time i logged in and now it says client disconnected
Haha, calm down man, chill, Menche will fix whatever the issue is when he has the time, and knowhow.

nolan

by nolan » Post

carlvelleri wrote:i know and i worked oh so hard on my weird lava guarded home plus my building and searching for other building locations
I removed the lava at your home once (before i was moderator) i was thinking somebody greifed you, but if and when i can ill give you the lava buckets that i took from your gaurded land. Sorry.

carlvelleri

by carlvelleri » Post

O.o so what am i suppose to do in the mean time its not like i can make a bowl of nice hot spicy chili now lol but yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh im gonna do star trek online or something lol ill check back laters peace out

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

There's a problem with pipeworks crashing whenever carlvelleri logs on:

Code: Select all

10:32:15: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: /home/menche/.minetest/mods/pipeworks/item_transport.lua:62: attempt to index a nil value
Probably there's some pipeworks mechanism at his location that causes the crash when it is loaded.
There's also been a seemingly random inventory+ crash:

Code: Select all

11:56:20: ERROR[main]: ERROR: An unhandled exception occurred: ServerError: LuaError: error: ...he/.minetest/mods/inventory_plus/inventory_plus/init.lua:57: attempt to index a nil value
I'm trying to figure out what's going on.
Last edited by Menche on Mon Jul 15, 2013 19:00, edited 1 time in total.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.