Old server info:
If you've seen the mods I make and/or contribute to, you've probably heard me mention this old junk heap a couple of times.
That's right, I host a server, and I need beta-testers, moderators, and anyone else who wants to play! As the name implies, there are some experimental mods currently installed on this server, but I've made sure that they are all relatively stable beforehand, so don't worry too much about bugs.
Gameplay-wise, it's a small survival server, with enough mods to feel complete, and PVP enabled. Griefing is allowed, but we have a protection mod for people who want to keep their stuff safe.
Our mods folder is just around 40 MB, so the media download shouldn't be too slow.
I read the server logs at least once a day at an unspecified time. All actions, including chat, node interactions, commands, etc are logged.
- Mild swearing is allowed, but any kind of illegal, hateful or obscene content is not. This is the only rule for which the penalty is an immediate, non-negotiable, permanent ban.
- We have a protection mod, so don't whine about getting griefed. If it ain't nailed down, it's fair game.
- Don't ask who the admins are (Except me, you already know that...), and don't pretend to be staff.
- Don't encourage the use of non-libre software
- Have fun!
These are common rules on other servers that aren't hard-set rules here. To prevent confusion, I will list some specific ones.
- Modified clients are allowed, so long as you can provide the source code if asked (If your modifications are a threat to the server/network's security, you may be asked to stop using that client. Failure to comply will result in a ban, as well as your IP being blacklisted in the server's firewall).
- Building in the sky/underground is allowed. You are allowed in wherever wardzones lets you travel. If wardzones doesn't allow you to enter there, then you aren't allowed there, but you can't get there anyway, so don't worry, and don't bother.
interact, shout, home, zoom
Source code for all of our mods can be found here.
- Glowtest, because it's awesome.
- Illumination, playeranim, wield_redo, and 3darmor, to spice up the playermodel a bit.
- Mobs (of course)
- We have the G.O.A.T. (Spoiler alert: It's a goat.)
- drops, because clicking items gets exhausting, fast.
- farming_redo and mushrooms_redo, to vary up your diet!
- Mese Portals and Hanggliders, for travelling in style!
- Mesecons and hoppers, to give you engineering geniuses some basic automation.
- Meshnode, for those daring explorers who want to boldly go where no Sam has gone before...
- Mythology, a very early WIP mod that will eventually include bosses, OP weapons with unique quirks, and more!
- Witchcraft! Nyeheheh!
- Settlements, for players who are too edgy/socially awkward to make real friends!
- Half of display_modpack and the other half of signs_lib. Don't ask.
- other_worlds, which adds SPAAAAACE!!!
- moretrees, and redtrees, because trees.
- mpd, with different songs for day and night! (All music by Kevin MacLeod)
- dfcaverns, because the bowels of the earth weren't epic enough by themselves.
- character_creator with my own custom sprites, because I didn't like the other ones.
- Eggs will not hatch if you throw them. (You'd think this would be common sense) You have to place them and wait patiently.
- The Soul Scythe is good for more than just counting the heads of players you've killed. It is also a proper scythe. It can harvest crops in a clean sweep, and it's indestructible!
- You can actually drive a Meshnode ship through a Mese Portal. I've tried it, and it works.
- Grass, cobble and fire are are all affected by rainfall. Keep this in mind when building!
- To share a wardnode with all players, share it with '*'.
- If you unshare your claim with yourself, you won't be able to build, but you can still re-add yourself as long as you're the claim's owner, so feel free to use this to test the protection.
- Water generators do NOT work. Use a rain barrel or a well to get renewable water.