Any Ultra-Hardcore servers out there?

Stix
IRC: nil
In-game: Stix [+alts]

Any Ultra-Hardcore servers out there?

by Stix » Post

As the title says im looking for an ultra-hardcore server, but so-far have found none. Beerarchy is a nice at first but quickly loses its difficulty as soon as you get some decent gear, and must-test is a bit more hardcore but im stuck on that server as my farm wont grow even though i followed all the guidlines presented on the server website (farming is customized on this server).

It is now then that i take this dilema to the forums in the hope that someone here knows of a server that fits my category.
Hey, what can i say? I'm the bad guy.

Gekkeupie
IRC: Majochup
In-game: majochup-upie2

Re: Any Ultra-Hardcore servers out there?

by Gekkeupie » Post

I know one!

its called... ***SURVIVALWORLD*** By TELESIGHT,
(idk if the survivalworld part needs to be in caps.
A bit server info its hardcore mob survival it lags if u have a bad computer.
And sadly it is very inactive :(

-Your Foe Majochup
xD

catwhisperer77
IRC: catwhisperer777
In-game: catwhisperer77

by catwhisperer77 » Post

There's also Alone in the Wild Land, which starts out pretty hard (thirst/hunger, hard mobs) and has a long progression/tech tree to setting up a good base. You also spawn far away from everyone else, so nobody else can help you if you don't want it

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Hi! Have you looked at Maikerumine's series of survival servers?

Extreme Survival Minetest
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18879

Sticks & Stones
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=18404

I've heard that Sticks-&-Stones is one of the toughest in Minetest, perhaps matched only by Beerarchy. Maike's got several orientation videos on YouTube with tips and tricks for the uninitiated. Extreme Survival Minetest incorporates a combination of gameplay elements from both Sticks-&-Stones as well as the original ESM4 game. It's a bit more technology-oriented, however, whereas Sticks-&-Stones encourages a "rough it in the outback" style strategy. Both are very sophisticated with a lot of customizations, and they offer a notable challenge compared to typical survival servers.

jas
IRC: Freenode

by jas » Post

Mine's been said to be challenging, but it's requires 5.0.0-dev, and probably isn't actually that challenging.

lightseer

by lightseer » Post

Stix wrote:As the title says im looking for an ultra-hardcore server, but so-far have found none. Beerarchy is a nice at first but quickly loses its difficulty as soon as you get some decent gear, and must-test is a bit more hardcore but im stuck on that server as my farm wont grow even though i followed all the guidlines presented on the server website (farming is customized on this server).

It is now then that i take this dilema to the forums in the hope that someone here knows of a server that fits my category.
Try the Alone in the Wild server.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: LandarVargan
In-game: LandarVargan

by Lone_Wolf » Post

lightseer wrote: Try the Alone in the Wild server.
Great server. And a hard one. You should definitely try it out
My ContentDB -|- Working on CaptureTheFlag -|- Minetest Forums Dark Theme!! (You need it)

Diamond knight
GitHub: Diamondknight
In-game: Ferrumprinceps

by Diamond knight » Post

Depends on what type of difficulty you want.

Eg: whether you want lots of mobs to fight, or hard to gather materials, or hard surviving against nature and hunger, or hard survival against other players

parasite
GitHub: Parasitoid

by parasite » Post

Stix wrote: and must-test is a bit more hardcore but im stuck on that server as my farm wont grow even though i followed all the guidlines presented on the server website
You can try contact with admin (MustTest ingame or GoldFireUn here) to let him check what is wrong with your farm setup. Also you can send me location of your farm so I could see if it can be improved somehow. I also got an example of working farm and you can see what is under the dirt, so you can also try to copy my design. It also maight be possible that farming plants will grow only if player is near, I mean it will not grow when you are offline... but I am not sure if that game feature is on that server now. If you will want me to help you ingame, send me an mail ingame (parasite) and also tell me here, on forum, about that, as I am not logging there evryday...

Beerarchy is not harder than other survivals servers. This is just server without protection, so you can be griefed by anyone. You need to cover your tracks that can lead other player to your base, that is all. You can get a few protectors after some time, when you will have enough points collected, but that will not be available at the beginning and probably most of players do bot reach that gift at all.

And I can say that maikerumine's new ESM (for new 5.0 minetest) can be pretty hard as it is customized like Must Test to be harder, not easier. Also mining on both server can be challenge but for different reasons of course. Stick and stones is another hard and painfull server and it is much differ from default minetest game than other mentioned servers.

I know that I repeat names arleady posted here but I guess it can be hard to find other similar hard survival servers. But you can find pretty challenging task even on easy servers. That depends on you - what you want to do ingame.

taikedz
GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Post

I'm trying to bring back the Not So Simple Server (we are now at Mk 4).

This one should be hard as in "too many hostile mobs."

You get your own spawn far away from other players, and get swamped by mobs if you stick around for too long. Includes NSSB and the corresponding underworld portal and hard mobs.

bhree
GitHub: bhree
IRC: bhree
In-game: bhree

by bhree » Post

One problem about NSSB is morlendor mapgen. The process requires very high cpu resource which causes lag. We have three different version (original by npx, one by sketch and one currently running) and haven't figured out how to modify to become more efficient. I'm new to this mapgen and glad to know if there will be any improvement.

taikedz
GitHub: taikedz
IRC: DuCake
In-game: DuCake

by taikedz » Post

bhree wrote:One problem about NSSB is morlendor mapgen. The process requires very high cpu resource which causes lag. We have three different version (original by npx, one by sketch and one currently running) and haven't figured out how to modify to become more efficient. I'm new to this mapgen and glad to know if there will be any improvement.
I have not gotten round to looking at the mapgen and NSSB yet, still fine tuning NSSM and finding the corner cases... I'll take this convo to the NSSB thread, I'm curious to know what you've done...

bhree
GitHub: bhree
IRC: bhree
In-game: bhree

by bhree » Post

if i have chance i'll upload to github, sketch has forked nssb too that you can try but it doesnt kick on me. there are some typos in original nssb resulting in unknown items but i guess sketch has fixed them.

StarNinjas
GitHub: starninjas
IRC: StarNinjas
In-game: J1

by StarNinjas » Post

I know this is old, by try Enyekala (MustTest), hardest server out there I think :)
Don't go to bed tonight, without knowing what would happen if you died. https://thegospelfilm.org/