[Server] ZombieTest

User avatar
Sokomine
Member
Posts: 4014
Joined: Sun Sep 09, 2012 17:31
GitHub: Sokomine

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Sokomine » Post

Gundul wrote: Deers and wolves are fleeing now if zombie is near.
That's nice. They ought to flee from players as well.
Gundul wrote: I was thinking like adding to zombie brain function something like
hunting deers. Maybe like calling nearby zombies and hunt together
Isn't the main functionality of zombies to scare and hunt humans? If they could eat deer meat, there'd be no need for that (and too much logic involved for zombies). I don't like "undead" mobs as such. But such a hunting functionality could be great for occasional hunter mobs that might roam the forrests, hunting deers and trapping wolves.
A list of my mods can be found here.

GayJesus
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 22:29

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by GayJesus » Post

I dig to 975 limit and yet to behold a single diamond.
I strike at zombies with mese sword yet no damage.

User avatar
Lone_Wolf
Member
Posts: 2326
Joined: Sun Apr 09, 2017 05:50
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf or LoneWolfHT
In-game: Lone_Wolf
Location: Not there, THERE!

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Lone_Wolf » Post

GayJesus wrote:I dig to 975 limit and yet to behold a single diamond.
I strike at zombies with mese sword yet no damage.
These zombies have to be hit in the head, and your weapon has to be fully 'charged' (not moving) when you hit too

Termos
Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:50

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Termos » Post

Gundul, wildlife animals seem unkillable. Did you try redownloading 0.10.3? I double checked, the package seems fine.

GayJesus
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 22:29

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by GayJesus » Post

Termos wrote:Gundul, wildlife animals seem unkillable. Did you try redownloading 0.10.3? I double checked, the package seems fine.

Same problem and still no diamond

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote: Deers and wolves are fleeing now if zombie is near.
That's nice. They ought to flee from players as well.
i think they do that already, the deers. Wolves attack if you get too near.
Sokomine wrote:
Gundul wrote: I was thinking like adding to zombie brain function something like
hunting deers. Maybe like calling nearby zombies and hunt together
Isn't the main functionality of zombies to scare and hunt humans? If they could eat deer meat, there'd be no need for that (and too much logic involved for zombies). I don't like "undead" mobs as such. But such a hunting functionality could be great for occasional hunter mobs that might roam the forrests, hunting deers and trapping wolves.
i am no zombie expert :) It was just an idea because that time the server only holded three mobs: zombies, deers
and wolves. Now with petz mod running on it there are other possibilities.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

Termos wrote:Gundul, wildlife animals seem unkillable. Did you try redownloading 0.10.3? I double checked, the package seems fine.
My wildlife mod is outdated, I only fixed the dying when being spawned problem, but forgot that you changed the hp system. death now when hp <= 0

I will download your package today.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

GayJesus wrote:
Termos wrote:Gundul, wildlife animals seem unkillable. Did you try redownloading 0.10.3? I double checked, the package seems fine.

Same problem and still no diamond
The wildlife mod will be fixed today and for killing zombies just follow
Lone_wolf's advice: hit them with any sword on their head.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

All mods are up to date now.

Also a worldmap is now available:
+ Spoiler
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

GayJesus
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 22:29

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by GayJesus » Post

I think diamonds will not be found above 1024,or maybe this is block only?
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/2107

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

GayJesus wrote:I think diamonds will not be found above 1024,or maybe this is block only?
https://github.com/minetest/minetest_game/pull/2107
You can't find diamond blocks afaik. Meseblocks you can.

I already added more diamonds to mapgen, now between -712 and -1024.
Also I added recipes with mese instead diamonds to fun_tools.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

GayJesus
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 22:29

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by GayJesus » Post

gone?

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

GayJesus wrote:gone?
nope, one of my childs unplugged the serber from electric.
He needed to charge his phone X)

Zombies are back.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

updated mobkit to newest 0.10.31
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

GayJesus
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 22:29

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by GayJesus » Post

2 bugs to report.
1. server crashes when feeding animal after update.
2. Before update and now players can hear sounds related to other players across entire map.
Sounds such as whip, hits. I'm not sure if it's only mob related but it seems so.

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

GayJesus wrote:2 bugs to report.
1. server crashes when feeding animal after update.
2. Before update and now players can hear sounds related to other players across entire map.
Sounds such as whip, hits. I'm not sure if it's only mob related but it seems so.
Bugs are reported to mod owner.

In the meanwhile the newest Highscore List:

Image
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

Crashes when bats spawning or feeding animals are fixed.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

GayJesus
Member
Posts: 57
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2019 22:29

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by GayJesus » Post

zombies can't damage me but other mob wolf can.

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

GayJesus wrote:zombies can't damage me but other mob wolf can.
fixed. Zombies will bite you again.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

ZombieTest added to Jungle Universe !

Added ZombieTest Server to Jungle Universe:

That means my three servers Jungle, Lilly in the Valley and ZombieTest are connected to
one big universe. Exchange stuff between the servers using the gui in your inventory, send
private messages by using the /pm command.
Chat is also connected by irc mod

My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

User avatar
runs
Member
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 08:32
GitHub: runsy

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by runs » Post

How to kill the zombies???!!!
Day 42 of the quarantine

Gundul
Member
Posts: 837
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

runs wrote:How to kill the zombies???!!!
Hit them on the head. Any sword will do it, but full punch and be close.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley, ZombieTest

Termos
Member
Posts: 309
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:50

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Termos » Post

Gundul wrote:[Hit them on the head. Any sword will do it, but full punch and be close.
A wooden sword wouldn't work, iirc.

User avatar
runs
Member
Posts: 1549
Joined: Sat Oct 27, 2018 08:32
GitHub: runsy

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by runs » Post

Gundul wrote:
runs wrote:How to kill the zombies???!!!
Hit them on the head. Any sword will do it, but full punch and be close.
Full punch is holding the left mouse button?
Day 42 of the quarantine

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests