[Closed] ZombieTest

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

added afk kick.

after 5 min of inactivity you will get kicked.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

tweaked server settings in minetest,conf for less lag.

Also I wrote my own random spawn mod which is online since now.
New players and after each death you will be respawned in a random
location somewhere on the map.

bed respawn is turned off, so the only way to keep a home spot is by
saving with with the home button in unified_inventory
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

updated water_life mod, now with better spawning and less cpu usage. That should
have an impact on this server resulting in less lag. Especially when more than one player is online.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Termos
Member
Posts: 372
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:50

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Termos » Post

Gundul wrote:tweaked server settings in minetest,conf for less lag.
It does seem better now, what settings were they?

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

Termos wrote:
Gundul wrote:tweaked server settings in minetest,conf for less lag.
It does seem better now, what settings were they?
This was changed

Code: Select all

  active_block_range = 2
---
before:  active_block_range = 3


max_block_send_distance = 6
---
before: max_block_send_distance = 10


block_send_optimize_distance = 4

before: off


server_side_occlusion_culling = true
---
before: off
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

updated water_life mod and aerotest.

spawn an "/eagle" and see the new radar working in air, while whales use it in water.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

Fly eagle, fly :)
Image

Also: Interkom mod is back to ZombieTest
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

eagles are already common birds here, now they recieved the latest update
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

With new water_life update, now find muddy_water in savanna and rainforest biomes. All areas containing these biomes have been regenerated.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

compiled and installed latest stable minetest (5.1.1) and minetest_game
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

update:

- added farbows mod
(arrows do not work on zombies, even if you shoot their heads)
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

Hello!!

As I promised - the forked Not So simple Helicopter

https://github.com/APercy/helicopter

An explanation: This version of the helicopter is very expensive now.
To craft you need diamond blocks, battery, a mese block, a lot of steel. An expensive helicopter, like in real life. And it consumes power now. You can fuel it with power blocks (so, you must have generators, aviation gas is expensive in reallife). And after flight level 100, the power consumption increases, like piston engines do. So you must fly low. The refueling system is easy: you must have power blocks on your inventory. Then you attach the player on the helicopter with right click and punch the seat. It will drop one power block from your inventory, then you can fly circa 2300 blocks away until new refuel (if not above level 100). Refuel ONLY can be done landed.

PS: If you collect it to the inventory, It will loose all fuel, so it will need a new refuel

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

apercy wrote:Hello!!

As I promised - the forked Not So simple Helicopter

https://github.com/APercy/helicopter

An explanation: This version of the helicopter is very expensive now.
To craft you need diamond blocks, battery, a mese block, a lot of steel. An expensive helicopter, like in real life. And it consumes power now. You can fuel it with power blocks (so, you must have generators, aviation gas is expensive in reallife). And after flight level 100, the power consumption increases, like piston engines do. So you must fly low. The refueling system is easy: you must have power blocks on your inventory. Then you attach the player on the helicopter with right click and punch the seat. It will drop one power block from your inventory, then you can fly circa 2300 blocks away until new refuel (if not above level 100). Refuel ONLY can be done landed.

PS: If you collect it to the inventory, It will loose all fuel, so it will need a new refuel
wow that was fast :) Is there a chance to remove dependency on basic_machines ?
I am not sure if I can put that too on this server. But if you only need it for the power supply, I will find a
solution. Maybe you will have to move your fuel from Lilly's to ZombieTest then. I will test in singleplayer first :)
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

Ok!!!! I will remove the dependency and commit, wait a minute!

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

done with danone!
But one note: If the battery or power block isn't present, can be impossible contruct or fly it

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

I will wait your solution to substitute it ;)

the fuel you can change at lines 66 and 68 of init.lua
the battery at line 445

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

apercy wrote:I will wait your solution to substitute it ;)

the fuel you can change at lines 66 and 68 of init.lua
the battery at line 445
It is done ! Helicopter is online and ready to try.

ZombieTest now has a very super_basic_machines mod XD
That means you have to transfer your Power Cells from
Lilly in the Valley server to ZombieTest server by Interkom.
Also I changed recipe for crafting the Helicopter body.

All works and it flies ! ;D

Well done. it is a nive model with animations of rotors, too :)


Just a suggestion: there should be checks of who is the owner
because this is really expensive to craft and would be a loss, if stolen.

One other thing: maybe it should crash or deal with damage if you fly in
obstacles. Also maybe crash on water ?
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

Gundul wrote:
apercy wrote:I will wait your solution to substitute it ;)

the fuel you can change at lines 66 and 68 of init.lua
the battery at line 445
It is done ! Helicopter is online and ready to try.

ZombieTest now has a very super_basic_machines mod XD
That means you have to transfer your Power Cells from
Lilly in the Valley server to ZombieTest server by Interkom.
Also I changed recipe for crafting the Helicopter body.

All works and it flies ! ;D

Well done. it is a nive model with animations of rotors, too :)


Just a suggestion: there should be checks of who is the owner
because this is really expensive to craft and would be a loss, if stolen.

One other thing: maybe it should crash or deal with damage if you fly in
obstacles. Also maybe crash on water ?
Well, I'll learn about owner checking to implement =). And damages are in my plans too, I'll updating here

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

Ok!!! Now the helicopter supports ownership, I uploaded the modification, but I need something to tell who is the owner, cause it has no text to feedback the user yet. Sugestions? =)

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

apercy wrote:Ok!!! Now the helicopter supports ownership, I uploaded the modification, but I need something to tell who is the owner, cause it has no text to feedback the user yet. Sugestions? =)
In the entity definition add a field for owner.

When placing the helicopter craft item, an object is returned:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craftitem("helicopter:heli", {
	description = "Helicopter",
	inventory_image = "helicopter_heli_inv.png",

	on_place = function(itemstack, placer, pointed_thing)
		if pointed_thing.type ~= "node" then
			return
		end
		if minetest.get_node(pointed_thing.above).name ~= "air" then
			return
		end

-- ADD "local obj =" to your code: 
	        local obj = minetest.add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "helicopter:heli")

		if not (creative_exists and placer and
				creative.is_enabled_for(placer:get_player_name())) then
			itemstack:take_item()
		end
		return itemstack
	end,
write the placer name in the owner field of your entity definition.
when someone want to enter a heli by rightclicking on it, compare player and owner name.

See my water_life:riverfish_tamed for an example of ownerships:
https://github.com/berengma/water_life/ ... erfish.lua
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

Gundul wrote:
apercy wrote:Ok!!! Now the helicopter supports ownership, I uploaded the modification, but I need something to tell who is the owner, cause it has no text to feedback the user yet. Sugestions? =)
In the entity definition add a field for owner.

When placing the helicopter craft item, an object is returned:

Code: Select all

minetest.register_craftitem("helicopter:heli", {
	description = "Helicopter",
	inventory_image = "helicopter_heli_inv.png",

	on_place = function(itemstack, placer, pointed_thing)
		if pointed_thing.type ~= "node" then
			return
		end
		if minetest.get_node(pointed_thing.above).name ~= "air" then
			return
		end

-- ADD "local obj =" to your code: 
	        local obj = minetest.add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "helicopter:heli")

		if not (creative_exists and placer and
				creative.is_enabled_for(placer:get_player_name())) then
			itemstack:take_item()
		end
		return itemstack
	end,
write the placer name in the owner field of your entity definition.
when someone want to enter a heli by rightclicking on it, compare player and owner name.

See my water_life:riverfish_tamed for an example of ownerships:
https://github.com/berengma/water_life/ ... erfish.lua
Viellen danke!!!!!!

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

Working now!!!! Commited and pushed

Code: Select all

  local obj = minetest.add_entity(pointed_thing.above, "helicopter:heli")
        local ent = obj:get_luaentity()
        local owner = placer:get_player_name()
        ent.owner = owner

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

apercy wrote:Working now!!!! Commited and pushed
Thanks, it is online now on this server to try.
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

User avatar
apercy
Member
Posts: 142
Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2020 16:31
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy
Location: Pinheiral - RJ - Brazil

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by apercy » Post

moin moin
I made 2 improvements today to prevent lag detaching the player in flight (yes, I suffered the first flight accident on server), by reducing the max power (so reducing the speed too) and a minor change on tilting =)
I think the low flying is more pleasant now ;)

PS: I have the impression that it was not updated on the server, because the phrase I added to the infotext ("A nice helicopter") is not appearing

Gundul
Member
Posts: 1167
Joined: Thu Aug 27, 2015 10:55
GitHub: berengma
IRC: Gundul
Location: Europe/Asia
Contact:

Re: [Server] ZombieTest

by Gundul » Post

apercy wrote:moin moin

PS: I have the impression that it was not updated on the server, because the phrase I added to the infotext ("A nice helicopter") is not appearing
Just pulled latest from your github
My servers: Jungle, Lilly in the valley click for my mods

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests