[Server] Tunnelers' Abyss

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine
IRC: Sokomine
In-game: Sokomine

Re: [Server] Tunnelers' Abyss

by Sokomine » Post

CalebJ wrote: Tarantula Rankings (a ranking system that keeps track of how many tarantulas you have killed and how many have killed you) is now live on the server! You can find it in your inventory buttons, with an icon depicting a tarantula.
As some players might already have suspected...the tarantulas are about to take over! They'll celebrate their placement in the highscore and demand tribute from players in the future.
A list of my mods can be found here.

CalebJ
GitHub: KaylebJay
IRC: KaylebJay
In-game: CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Sokomine wrote: As some players might already have suspected...the tarantulas are about to take over! They'll celebrate their placement in the highscore and demand tribute from players in the future.
Zeke, lea_argon, and several others seem to be the emperors of tarantulas so far. However, perhaps they are reproducing faster than previously imagined! -- those dungeons seem to be 'crawling'!

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

A big update has been made, completing our recent milestone and adding a Minetest <-> Discord relay bot (thanks to Hume), which is now in the channel #server in our Discord :) Some of the new features include (some of which were added some time ago, but are still part of this milestone):
- New and improved draconis mod
- A custom sound pack for the server
- Added an “Encyclopedia”, to put manuscripts into
- New awards

InitialD

by InitialD » Post

Some notes on this server:
- it's not very powerful. for best experience join when 10 players or less are active.
- world gen is good at mountains and caves (goes down to 30k hence the server name). it's not good at anything else.
- technically it's a very advanced server. we've got technic, inventorybags, paleotest, dragons digilines, two dozen cobble variants etc. and everything is forked so forget about going to any wiki for infos. especially for anything involving the elements mod. why check some dumb crafting manual anyways when you can instead put 500 different blocks into a machine until one nets you the part or chemical you need.
- there is no penalty for dying so please don't bother to make another ugly minifarm in a place where a decent built could have been instead. just don't bother with food.
- many of the players have contributed to the server with mods or textures. it's a small community but a competent one.
- titanium pickaxe is the fastest digging tool. not geminitium.
- due to a HDD storage saving mod that loads blocks only when needed digtron works a bit differently in most areas - blocks need to be manually tapped before they can be mined, else they're just removed. to make up for that, these areas net more ores.
- you'll want to decide between using ores directly by grinding and smelting or by using them in the elements mod machines. if you're not sure just store them until you know.
- gold boxes and drawers are the most effective storage. one of the first things you want to do is to set up a storage system using technic chests and sorting tubes from pipeworks. there are tons of items and very limited inventory space even with bags - automatization is key. if you want to move a full box you can do that with the wrench (bought at spawn) but make sure rotation memory from screwdriver mod is off or the box will become corrupted.
- trains everywhere. if you build anywhere near the cities someone will eventually come and built a train station next to it. only way to avoid is to build in the sky or at the bottom of the sea.
- specially bred horse or camels are the fastest way to move around. bike and car don't work too well.
- tools you'll want: node replacer, screwdriver, vacuum, crystal multitool, inventorybag with collecting&filter upgrades, some light block to place(super light block cut into smallest unit at circular saw is good), glider, aforementioned pickaxe, later radar tool for minimap, laser and drill. and maybe lasso+horse or camel. if you want to do farming for any reason it's good to use 7 block wide farms and make use of tractor and planter.
- for using the crane put sneak and move downward on different keys or you'll go crazy.

Athozus
GitHub: Athozus
IRC: Athozus
In-game: Athozus

by Athozus » Post

In response to what you say, I think that maybe something should be implemented to make food useful, because it's true that you just have to kill yourself and come back to where you were.
-- Athozus

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

I would like to do this as well. Several options have been presented to me by flux and I intend to implement something of the likes if all goes well. (of course, since a handful of players don't even care for food, we have to approach this carefully)
fluxionary wrote: (1) redo all the food values based on how difficult they are to make. easy-to-make food shouldn't be very satisfying
(2) disable crafting on an empty stomach (particularly w/ craft all)
(3) only start damaging players when they're totally empty of food bars instead of having only 2, but add some other penalties when they're below, say 4 food bars. penalties like moving slower and not being able to jump very high
(4) don't respawn w/ old hunger, or full hunger, but at the level where some penalties kick in (e.g. 4 food bars, as mentioned above)

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Happy New Year!! sadly, not a prime number :D

We had a big event organized by sivarajan, the football was a lot of fun with pseudonyme throwing covid everywhere.

r1bnc
GitHub: r1bnc
IRC: r1bnc
In-game: r1bnc

by r1bnc » Post

how do i reset the password on this server. I forgot it.
cdb_4afce6e9210a
twitch.tv/r1bnc

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Hi r1bnc, I will reset the password given the answers listed on the discord. Thanks for inquiring!

Andrey01
GitHub: Andrey2470T
In-game: Andrey01

by Andrey01 » Post

There are my screenshots from the event that was on 1 January (I just forgot to publish here):

Football playing:
Attachments
Screenshot_20210101_183956.png
Screenshot_20210101_183956.png (814.73 KiB) Viewed 6485 times
Screenshot_20210101_154439.png
Screenshot_20210101_154439.png (707.82 KiB) Viewed 6485 times
Screenshot_20210101_154421.png
Screenshot_20210101_154421.png (552.11 KiB) Viewed 6485 times

AspireMint
GitHub: AspireMint
IRC: AspireMint
In-game: AspireMint

by AspireMint » Post

Hop in

Choo Choo

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

The server will be down a number of days for maintenance -- to repair what was the cause of the many segfaults that happened today. Let's hope it will not take too long and that the server will be back soon! Hume2 and his CPU will be working on it, meanwhile.

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

As the server works it's way through maintenance, Hume has created 3d minesweeper to give our players something to do meanwhile :) The server will be back up hopefully soon, just as it was before.

Hume2
GitHub: Hume2
In-game: Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

The server is on again! Thanks for patience.
If you lack the reality, go on a trip or find a job.

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

The server is unfortunately again in maintenance. Minesweeper is now running until we are back.

From the informative poster at Minesweeper Spawn:
The server is in maintenance now. It is not yet known whether or not the current world will be saved or discarded.

Restoring the current world will take days, maybe weeks.

Starting a new world will be fast and shouldn't take more than a few hours. However, all current buildings will be lost.

Currently, we are working on the first option (restoring the current world). However, if it turns out that most of the people prefer the other option (creating a new world), we will do it instead.

You can share your opinion at our discord server: https://discord.gg/UUVAQBr

gpcf
GitHub: gpcf
In-game: gabriel

by gpcf » Post

That is horrible to hear. Do you have any clue what caused the trouble, so other server operators know what bugs to look out for?

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Sadly, I don't have much to report. We ran out of HDD space and that caused a few ugly complications :D
We're using BuckarooBanzai's mapcleaner now with a few custom tweaks to try reducing the size of the map. I'm hopeful all will go well and we will be back up shortly.

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

The server is back up! We did not have to create a new world and the age-old map is once again running and in action.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

CalebJ wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 23:52
We ran out of HDD space and that caused a few ugly complications :D
Isn't take another HDD in an option also, called hardware upgrading ?
Ok, on one side to 'delete' and let remapgenerating the MapBlocks has also an advantages if another mining blocks came in later, but HDD is so cheap ... or first off all clean up the system, logfiles, etc.

I mean I am running into this problem sure also some day, but I already have prepared and know the price of the 256 MD M.2 I need then.
And when it happened first time, I moved some minor apps on the slower SSD there, and cleaning up raised the free space to double of the existing Map size.

What shout SURE not deleted are the 2 MapBlocks around 0, as this is the most known Map and this is only causing a lot of lag as this running walking level is used first again.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

CalebJ

by CalebJ » Post

Congratulations to all players and staffers on the 2nd year Anniversary of Tunnelers' Abyss, today! The server will be exactly 2 years old around 08:00 UTC (June 10th).

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

CalebJ wrote:
Sun Apr 25, 2021 12:43
The server is unfortunately again in maintenance. Minesweeper is now running until we are back.

From the informative poster at Minesweeper Spawn:
The server is in maintenance now. It is not yet known whether or not the current world will be saved or discarded.

Restoring the current world will take days, maybe weeks.

Starting a new world will be fast and shouldn't take more than a few hours. However, all current buildings will be lost.

Currently, we are working on the first option (restoring the current world). However, if it turns out that most of the people prefer the other option (creating a new world), we will do it instead.

You can share your opinion at our discord server: https://discord.gg/UUVAQBr
I have had this exact problem occur on my server. Luckly, I keep trash all over my server, so it was easy to remove, and now I have 42 GB. I wish you luck for your future!
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

I would like to apologise you all for not handling the incident around our moderator onePlayer earlier. My reasoning was that the problems were trivial and most likely made up because I was receiving only partial and vague information about that. That was my mistake and I apologise for that. Now we hopefully resolved the incident. From our previous experience, it turned out that onePlayer listened our warnings, so we will rely on that again. If you find anything wrong, don't hesitate to report it as soon as possible. We hope that there will be peace in the community again.

56independent_actual
IRC: independent56
In-game: 56independent

by 56independent_actual » Post

Database Error
Last edited by 56independent_actual on Fri Nov 19, 2021 16:05, edited 1 time in total.
Warnig: Al my laguage ekscept English is bad, includig Hungarian (magyàränoлиски), Spanish (esпagnyoл), and Russian (рÿсскïанöл).

kscarbrough

by kscarbrough » Post

My granddaughter and I are interesting in playing on the server but I get a Invalid Password. Can I request a password?

Hume2

by Hume2 » Post

kscarbrough wrote:
Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:50
My granddaughter and I are interesting in playing on the server but I get a Invalid Password. Can I request a password?
If you visit a server on the first time and you see this message, it means only one thing. Your nickname is already used by somebody else and you have to pick a different one. You do not have to request a password, the first time you log into a server, you can choose any password you want. Then you use the password which you chose on the first time.