[Play Now] THE SAMZ SERVER

Will you play Juanchi Server?

Yeah! From day one and I intend to give it my all.
14%
I'll go in and see how it goes. If I like it, I'll stay.
35%
I am not interested at all.
51%

Total votes: 43

runs

Re: [12-12-21] JUANCHI SERVER

by runs » Post

LordPhyre wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 20:22
However I have to admit the server idea is extremely unique and could probably gain attention.
I like the theme and the sphere cities idea, but everything seems to be very unfair, and do realize, this isn't real life. If players don't like it, they just won't come back on. Simple.

Making a whole medieval society is cool, but don't include the part where poor people have legit no rights/property and no way to gain those rights/property, because that isn't fun to play with lol.
To access the Paradise there will be events. Nothing will be given away.

Heads will roll, rivers of blood will flow. Death and destruction. Life reborn. And then, the gods will say.

runs

by runs » Post

ywwv wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 20:51
the interest in a server is its social intrigue and drama. which is created by struggles over status that are predicated on inequality. not a society of freemen protected by a perfect enforcer of the rules. in fact, making things harder for new people increases their investment and loyalty to the project. this is called "hazing" . you will have much more fun being my serf than anything you could experience as an "equal" to me . this is because your relationships to people are what make the multiplayer experience compelling. not land protection and equality which is fundamentally antisocial because it removes the primary devices of in-game social interaction (hunger for power & violence / destruction)
On my server it will be necessary to create alliances at the beginning. To hide like rats. Plot plots.

Betrayals and content the gods. Survive.

My server will not be Disneytest like 99% of the Minetest servers, I have never seen anything more boring in my life.

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

runs wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 20:59
To access the Paradise there will be events. Nothing will be given away.

Heads will roll, rivers of blood will flow. Death and destruction. Life reborn. And then, the gods will say.
Alright then, your decision.

runs

by runs » Post

The map will be Carpathian and the seed the name of my dog, ZAR. He is dead. In his honor. He died of old age. I loved it very much, more than many people who I don't give a damn about, really. He was the only one who understood me and loved me. When he died I didn't say a word for two weeks.

runs

by runs » Post

You are an adventurer who set out into the world. After a storm your schooner was shipwrecked. You are the only survivor. You arrive on the shores of the Land of the Forsaken. Nothing is as it seems. Evil lurks behind every corner, every stone, every tree. Dare you?

apercy
GitHub: APercy
In-game: APercy

Re: [Still as Concept] JUANCHI SERVER

by apercy » Post

runs wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:01
RELEASE DATE:

12 DEC 21
Attachments
this is tomorrow.jpg
this is tomorrow.jpg (26.5 KiB) Viewed 6310 times

runs

Re: [Still as Concept] JUANCHI SERVER

by runs » Post

apercy wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 18:24
runs wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:01
RELEASE DATE:

12 DEC 21
In australia tomorrow is today.

runs

Re: [Play Now] JUANCHI SERVER

by runs » Post

I opened my server today and a lot of things happened to me:

- Few visitors. The, peak was 3 max. It seems to me very little. Electricity is sky high in Europe. It doesn't pay to maintain a server for only 3 people.
- Enter other servers to see and people are happy on them, because they have super cool buildings and things to do, mine does not.
- I find shameful the little support of the community to my server, because I have made it with illusion and already in the poll it was left majority that I was not going to play it. What I find very rude and total lack of respect.
- My game/server is 32x32 textures, it seems that all the others are 16x16, I think I was wrong to make my game with that quality, people do not appreciate it. It's my fault, I feel like I wasted a lot of time.
- My t-shirt store doesn't sell f*** shit. It seems that Samantha and co. is not very well liked in the community. What I don't understand, because I created her to be adorable.

I am very sad and disappointed. I feel I'm doing everything wrong. I'm going to take a vacation from Mintest to coincide with Christmas. That will give me time to reflect on myself, and other things.

PS: I don't mean to be pitiful at all. I just feel this way and say so.
Attachments
JUANCHI_CANCELLED.png
JUANCHI_CANCELLED.png (13.74 KiB) Viewed 6290 times

DELTA_FORCE
IRC: DELTA_FORCE
In-game: DELTA_FORCE

by DELTA_FORCE » Post

Look, runs, the reason that people weren't interested in your server is probably because there wasn't really much that made it unique, where people were willing to invest their time over other servers. I'm sorry that the turnout was so poor, I know how much work can go into these kinds of projects, and I know the letdown you feel when they don't turn out. Look on the bright side of things:

- Probably a good reason of the lack of turnout wasn't over the content itself (probably besides Samantha, I still think that is bizarre at best) but probably because your reputation preceded you.

- Three people peak on the first day isn't actually bad. That's actually pretty good for a fresh server, where some servers have probably only ever gotten a handful of new users. Building up a good userbase takes time, not just advertising. The reason they love the servers they are on is the connection they have to them, whether it be time invested and what they can show for it.

- You now know what doesn't work, so maybe your next steps should be to try and see what can work. God doesn't close a door without opening a window, and even for some of us the window may still be open. Try experimenting and thinking of original content people will enjoy. You might reply saying it is original, and at an individual level it may be, but at a server level, there are countless servers where it is simply creative MTG with extra mods thrown in the mix.

Don't use this as a time to pity yourself, try to use it as a time to find what went wrong and make it right. You certainly have the talent, it's just if you have the ability to apply it.
check me out nowhere because i never do anything

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

For what it's worth I've been running a server for well over a year, and really only have one player that spends any great amount of time on the server. You can't really expect people to flock to a new server when there are already plenty of servers available, and that they are already playing on.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

it wasn't even up for a day? I was waiting an entire month to join the best server on minetest & . now you are saying I missed it and its cancelled?

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

I think you should put the server back up. it is only a moment of doubt that can stop you from ascending to the next level . minetest needs innovative people

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

runs wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 23:43

- Few visitors. The, peak was 3 max. It seems to me very little. Electricity is sky high in Europe. It doesn't pay to maintain a server for only 3 people.
I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way you expected :/ but don't be so hard on yourself. I think there is a community that would love to play on a server similar to what you were aiming at. They just need time to find it. I personally think your server idea was very unique and interesting compared to 95% of what other server owners do. I think it could have attracted a lot of players over time with a few tweaks here and there.
runs wrote:
- Enter other servers to see and people are happy on them, because they have super cool buildings and things to do, mine does not.
I actually find myself very, very bored with most servers :| as you say, the vast majority are disneytest. Very easy to play on, no penalty for dying at all, sometimes they even give you fast move from the get go. (And they tend to advertise as SURVIVAL servers, which is silly) There's no challenge, and they usually have a very similar set of mods which just replicates the same type of game play as 90% of the other servers. Mods like Ethereal, technic, mesecons, pipeworks, etc..)

To be clear I'm not dissing on any mods. Those are amazing mods in themselves. It's just when you get the same set of mods on almost every server, it gets boring quick :/

I need more variety then that.

There are a few servers out there that do put some effort into being unique, and I've noticed those servers are the ones that attract serious people who actually enjoy being there. The other servers - the ones that have all the same stuff - tend to get full of kids that RP and create chat drama constantly. None of them actually play there for the server.. they only play because it's a fast connection and they see 20 other kids on there.
I suspect a lot of minetesters feel the same way I do. A server that creates a unique challenge and environment is much sought after.
runs wrote:
- I find shameful the little support of the community to my server, because I have made it with illusion and already in the poll it was left majority that I was not going to play it. What I find very rude and total lack of respect.
I think you need to revise it a little and advertise it differently. (Especially Samantha)
Unfortunately that might not help if it's true people are criticizing your reputation :/

I have picked up on the fact that a lot of people don't like runs. To be clear I have no idea what his reputation is. And I don't need a run-down (heh) on it either. I wish you only the best.

DragonsVolcanoDance
IRC: DragonGirl
In-game: DragonsVolcanoDance

by DragonsVolcanoDance » Post

DELTA_FORCE wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 00:38
Look, runs, the reason that people weren't interested in your server is probably because there wasn't really much that made it unique, where people were willing to invest their time over other servers.
Wasn't unique, DELTA_FORCE? :P It was so unique a lot of people thought it was bizarre, good or bad.

DELTA_FORCE wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 00:38
You might reply saying it is original, and at an individual level it may be, but at a server level, there are countless servers where it is simply creative MTG with extra mods thrown in the mix.
You described most of the servers on the block in that last sentence.

Wizard Of mkdir
GitHub: wizardofgcc
In-game: Wizard Of mkdir

by Wizard Of mkdir » Post

runs wrote:
<snip>

- My game/server is 32x32 textures, it seems that all the others are 16x16, I think I was wrong to make my game with that quality, people do not appreciate it. It's my fault, I feel like I wasted a lot of time.
- My t-shirt store doesn't sell f*** shit. It seems that Samantha and co. is not very well liked in the community. What I don't understand, because I created her to be adorable.

I am very sad and disappointed. I feel I'm doing everything wrong. I'm going to take a vacation from Mintest to coincide with Christmas. That will give me time to reflect on myself, and other things.

It is quite sad that a server with such a unique idea failed. I logged onto a server two times yesterday, but didn't see any of the elements that were advertised: pleasing the gods, the Ptolemy protection system, was either non-existant or just so obscure I didn't manage to interact with it. Although I think the 32x32 textures looked very nice, I would like to see more games using them. They can only be detrimental when the graphics are a mix of many graphics sizes, which looks messy and disjointed.

runs

by runs » Post

Well, I am very demanding of myself.

- I will play another servers to get some ideas.
- I will add some quests to my server.
- I will add a little village in the beggining and a tutorial.
- I will try my friends play with me the very first dayz to engage more people. But they want to create a brothel. :-D

When I get all that, I'll get the server up and running.

runs

by runs » Post

Nathan.S wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 02:29
For what it's worth I've been running a server for well over a year, and really only have one player that spends any great amount of time on the server. You can't really expect people to flock to a new server when there are already plenty of servers available, and that they are already playing on.
Whats your server?

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

actual we have about 315 gamer for 300 ? server about ,,, what do you think ?
new server has 0 days running, mean also is listed far down ... in the list and should at least run more than 8 hours, as then more down
I saw your announcement ... but too much capital letter writing ... Idl
yes, the costs ... I am lucky so far - here in Thailand just 4.336 Baht (11 Euro Cent) and I make moist of my electric even myself with solar ...

you need to be patient ... a year you have to give at least ... for the very less gamer area left ...
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

runs, some suggestions: since electricity is expensive, buy a raspberry pi 4, it can handle a few players just fine. when you start to need more, then move it to a better machine.

if you need unique survival ideas, try exile :)

also, besides you mods that add things , make some mods that change gameplay (I know you have done that some) . examples: dynamic liquid, radiant damage, etc

and then, slowly build your community. you are very lucky to get three players on your first day, though that probably has to do with the adverts. the fact is, not many people are interested in minetest. the ones that are, already have their own favorite projects and servers.
to get lots of players, you would probably have to recruit from outside the community.

if you want lots of players you might try running multicraft :|

runs

by runs » Post

Thanz you all for your tips.

I will add some dynamic content and the most important, be patient.

I am thinking on some kind of radiant quests.

And I will get a 16x16 texture pack with the purpose to create the Server suitable to mobile and tablets too.

rubenwardy
GitHub: rubenwardy
IRC: rubenwardy
In-game: rubenwardy

by rubenwardy » Post

It took months for CTF to get noticed. You need to be patient, and realise that you do not have an automated right to players. Players play on a server because of the community and because they trust the server. A brand new server isn't going to have either, especially if the owner deletes it after a day
Renewed Tab (my browser add-on) | Donate | Mods | Minetest Modding Book

Hello profile reader

L-Dog
GitHub: N-nec
In-game: L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

runs wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 14:52

1 - Few visitors. The, peak was 3 max. It seems to me very little. Electricity is sky high in Europe. It doesn't pay to maintain a server for only 3 people.
2 - Enter other servers to see and people are happy on them, because they have super cool buildings and things to do, mine does not.
3 - I find shameful the little support of the community to my server, because I have made it with illusion and already in the poll it was left majority that I was not going to play it. What I find very rude and total lack of respect.
4 - My game/server is 32x32 textures, it seems that all the others are 16x16, I think I was wrong to make my game with that quality, people do not appreciate it. It's my fault, I feel like I wasted a lot of time.
5 - My t-shirt store doesn't sell f*** shit. It seems that Samantha and co. is not very well liked in the community. What I don't understand, because I created her to be adorable.

Bro.. i can help explain some things here.. i learned them the harder way.

1- not many players... Lets be real, most players will come to your server to try and crash it, destroy world and then there are those that come to recruit you (i see this as they steal you to lower competition and increase their numbers)

2 - yes - i happy play IhrFussels server when im not on mine and i dont intend in playing a third server.

3 - Thats because they used to and like their current server, no one likes change that much and/or to start all over again, plus the players you meet on the way.

4 - Textures =) ... Low res Textures are less laggy for players on Mobile Phones or weaker PCs... Higher res you need a more powerful device to render them.

... this worried me a bit....

Other servers have installed viruses and accessed your personal data, right? With Juanchi you have nothing to fear, your data is safe. It is mounted on an unhackable Debian Linux system.

Is my data safe on your server? now that mentioned it should i be worried?

Only time ill ever need to access player data is with /xtempban PLAYER.
Only time ill view your IP is when i need IP ban you (or player)

i lost my original world, its was 3 months old, i lost the world and the players.. they didnt come back... some did but not all of them.

You need 3 months server uptime before you can complain about player numbers... iv had players come to MY world and asking me to delete server and work for them , i told them No (and i prob banned them for it)

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

runs: if you were to implement this idea:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26816

it would make your server different from any other server. it would require a rework of several game elements but could be done

runs

by runs » Post

MisterE wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 00:08
runs: if you were to implement this idea:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26816

it would make your server different from any other server. it would require a rework of several game elements but could be done
I don't like that idea. I like the size. I don't see it making sense for an already established game, if anything, for a new one from scratch. To make the blocks more detailed the only thing. But I see many drawbacks already said in that post:
1) Many things would have to be changed: mobs, doors, trees....
2) No compatibility with many mods: new blocks, cars, airplanes, furniture...
3) The "LEGO" essence is lost. It would look more like a Veloren/Cubeworld than Minecraft/Hytale.

In Veloren the player is detailed, but small respect to the environment. This makes the trees for example more big and detailed.

I love the size of the player. I love LEGO/Playmobil (Spanish product).

Recently there seems to be a trend of making/designing breakgrounding games. I think it's cool, but I'm more classic. That's why I love the idea of Hytale, it's a Minecraft v2, at the same time it's similar to it, but it's something completely new and exciting.

Nathan.S
GitHub: NathanSalapat
IRC: NathanS21
In-game: NathanS21

by Nathan.S » Post

runs wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:26
Nathan.S wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 02:29
Whats your server?
I run the 'Epic Server'. It's a medieval/fantasy themed world/mods.
I record Minetest videos, Mod reviews, Modding tutorials, and Lets plays.
Check out my website, and brand new Minetest Modding Course