[Play Now] THE SAMZ SERVER

Will you play Juanchi Server?

Yeah! From day one and I intend to give it my all.
14%
I'll go in and see how it goes. If I like it, I'll stay.
35%
I am not interested at all.
51%

Total votes: 43

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

Re: [Play Now] JUANCHI SERVER

by MisterE » Post

runs wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 00:56
MisterE wrote:
Tue Dec 14, 2021 00:08
runs: if you were to implement this idea:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=26816

it would make your server different from any other server. it would require a rework of several game elements but could be done
I don't like that idea. I like the size. I don't see it making sense for an already established game, if anything, for a new one from scratch. To make the blocks more detailed the only thing. But I see many drawbacks already said in that post:
1) Many things would have to be changed: mobs, doors, trees....
2) No compatibility with many mods: new blocks, cars, airplanes, furniture...
3) The "LEGO" essence is lost. It would look more like a Veloren/Cubeworld than Minecraft/Hytale.

In Veloren the player is detailed, but small respect to the environment. This makes the trees for example more big and detailed.

I love the size of the player. I love LEGO/Playmobil (Spanish product).

Recently there seems to be a trend of making/designing breakgrounding games. I think it's cool, but I'm more classic. That's why I love the idea of Hytale, it's a Minecraft v2, at the same time it's similar to it, but it's something completely new and exciting.

sure I understand! it was a suggestion for a major gameplay change. theres no reason you have to do that one, but imo, you should make *some* major gameplay change to make your server unique. I have a mod soup server too, but I only host it because the mod soup works together to really change the mechanics

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

your protection mod is a good example

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

runs wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 23:43

I opened my server today and a lot of things happened to me:

- Few visitors. The, peak was 3 max. It seems to me very little. Electricity is sky high in Europe. It doesn't pay to maintain a server for only 3 people.
- Enter other servers to see and people are happy on them, because they have super cool buildings and things to do, mine does not.
- I find shameful the little support of the community to my server, because I have made it with illusion and already in the poll it was left majority that I was not going to play it. What I find very rude and total lack of respect.
- My game/server is 32x32 textures, it seems that all the others are 16x16, I think I was wrong to make my game with that quality, people do not appreciate it. It's my fault, I feel like I wasted a lot of time.
- My t-shirt store doesn't sell f*** shit. It seems that Samantha and co. is not very well liked in the community. What I don't understand, because I created her to be adorable.
I don't mean to be edgy or offensive, but LMFAO did you seriously expect your server to get like 100 players within 24 hours, AND expect that people buy your merch?
This is beyond hilarious.
runs wrote:
Mon Dec 13, 2021 09:47
- I will play another servers to get some ideas.
- I will add some quests to my server.
- I will add a little village in the beggining and a tutorial.
- I will try my friends play with me the very first dayz to engage more people. But they want to create a brothel. :-D

When I get all that, I'll get the server up and running.
- Your idea was good. That's not the issue.
- Yes, add user interaction. aka What makes people actually have fun
- Yes finally, a tutorial. This is a big deal coming from someone who wanted new players to be miserable.
- This is also a good idea. I also suggest open like 5 minetest windows open with different accounts, to help your server reach higher in the serverlist.

Like rubenwardy said, CTF took months to get noticed. Forget popular, people didn't even know the thing existed until like 90 or so days later. Be real, don't be silly, you aren't gonna beat the top servers in less than a day.

Like some random person on reddit said: "The fact that the majority of people voted for the third option which is "I am not interested at all." to the question: "Will you play Juanchi Server?" is kinda funny."

runs

by runs » Post

LordPhyre wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 14:47
runs wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 23:43
I don't mean to be edgy or offensive, but LMFAO did you seriously expect your server to get like 100 players within 24 hours, AND expect that people buy your merch?
The truth is yes, but only the first day, the day of the inauguration, because:
- I advertised it intensively.
- I thought there were a thousand players or more of regular Minetest players on servers. 300 that they say, it seems to me very little.

Then I thought it was going to go down, of course, because there's always someone who doesn't like it. Or just comes in for the sake of coming in.

As for selling things Juanchi, no, it's an accessory.

runs

by runs » Post

LordPhyre wrote:
The truth is yes, but only the first day, the day of the inauguration, because:
- I advertised it intensively.
- I thought there were a thousand players or more of regular Minetest players on servers. 300 that they say, it seems to me very little.

Then I thought it was going to go down, of course, because there's always someone who doesn't like it or just comes in for the sake of coming in.

As for selling Juanchi things, no, it's an accessory.

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

LordPhyre wrote:
That's exactly what would have happened if he left it up for a full 24 hours. dont underestimate the effect of compounding social networks.

runs

by runs » Post

ywwv wrote:
Wed Dec 15, 2021 19:39
LordPhyre wrote:
That's exactly what would have happened if he left it up for a full 24 hours. dont underestimate the effect of compounding social networks.
No warning, but rating.

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

ywwv wrote:
LordPhyre wrote:
maybe, maybe. However, according to social network chats and this post's poll, the majority of people aren't interested.
Still, the server is a cool idea, it just needs some work and some time I think

L-Dog
GitHub: N-nec
In-game: L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

runs wrote:
Thu Dec 16, 2021 07:06
ywwv wrote:
LordPhyre wrote:
No warning, but rating.
As if you even trying to sell Merch though bro... thats crazy.. I knew someone that was HARDCORE selling T-Shirts that you? ... if it aint you then its ok bro.

IMO.. i think you went too heavy into the advertising... make a Poll on FaceBook or something 'Who has Heard of this game?' (you'll see why your server flopped) ... It takes months for the handful of players that play this game to get on another server..

Bro.. Look in my eyes... Literally no one plays this game.. No one.. 8 billion people in the world... 1000 players GLOBALLY on MT ... 1000 players.. thats a mere drop in the ocean... No one Plays it - no one has heard of it

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

LordPhyre wrote:
Tue Dec 28, 2021 13:14
ywwv wrote:
LordPhyre wrote:
maybe, maybe. However, according to social network chats and this post's poll, the majority of people aren't interested.
Still, the server is a cool idea, it just needs some work and some time I think
All that poll says is one clique of people who resent runs a little decided to all vote. But ive been well connected. I know for a fact that the juanchi server would have reached 50 players at all times within the first week of operation.

runs

by runs » Post

My server is not dead or sunk like the Titanic, just in dry dock. A few repairs and back on board. When I cast off again and raise the sails to the wind I will announce it.

Bigger, grander.

L-Dog
GitHub: N-nec
In-game: L-Dog

by L-Dog » Post

runs wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 02:32
My server is not dead or sunk like the Titanic, just in dry dock. A few repairs and back on board. When I cast off again and raise the sails to the wind I will announce it.

Bigger, grander.
Keep it up and online.

You need it up so players can see it and join - some join when you are asleep. .. Let your player numbers trickle up - if you instantly get 50 players - them 50 will instantly leave. Trust bro.

OH!!!!! i forgot to say... You wanted many many players? ... try being compatible with 'MultiCraft' - thats where the 60 players are.... i use normal 5.4 MT so i get 1 player

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

L-Dog wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 16:59
... try being compatible with 'MultiCraft' - thats where the 60 players are.... i use normal 5.4 MT so i get 1 player
puff it means compatible withb 0.4 cos multicraft just allowed 0.4.17 clients to join.. MT 5 is just for CTF and no more XD

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

mcaygerhard wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 02:06
puff it means compatible withb 0.4 cos multicraft just allowed 0.4.17 clients to join.. MT 5 is just for CTF and no more XD
MultiCraft2.0.0 is also multiprotocoll, you have them ALL
but I found one client not only show ads, ALSO logout, cahnge IP and login again during it.
They (client maker, offerer) make money with your server ... that why I stopped mc2.0.0 and back to 5.3.0
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

mcaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 12:00
mcaygerhard wrote:
Thu Dec 30, 2021 02:06
They (client maker, offerer) make money with your server ... that why I stopped mc2.0.0 and back to 5.3.0
how that could be do? the only way i think is showing ad's making unconfortable the player xperience.. but surprise.. when sub nasa was online the vast amount of users were people that do not have enought age to pay so used those craps clients..

inclusivelly one of those players contact to me tell me that prefers to "help" in that way rather help original project creators... (minetest), so event using multicrat i choose to use older minetest 4 server.. that is well played as i can see

runs

by runs » Post

L-Dog wrote:
runs wrote:
Wed Dec 29, 2021 02:32

Bigger, grander.
Keep it up and online.

You need it up so players can see it and join - some join when you are asleep. .. Let your player numbers trickle up - if you instantly get 50 players - them 50 will instantly leave. Trust bro.

OH!!!!! i forgot to say... You wanted many many players? ... try being compatible with 'MultiCraft' - thats where the 60 players are.... i use normal 5.4 MT so i get 1 player
No, Multicraft is commercial. It would be the equivalent of Windows. I'll stick with Linux.

Yes the old 0.4 is popular and the truth is only because of Multicraft. Because it is available in the Google store. That's the most important reason. Kids download it and play it on mobile or tablet. And it is focused on children and that everything is easy.

People still have a grudge against version 0.5? I've never understood it, it's at least 3 years old and has been tested better.

mcaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

runs wrote:
Sun Jan 02, 2022 13:36
Yes the old 0.4 is popular and the truth is only because of Multicraft. Because it is available in the Google store. That's the most important reason. Kids download it and play it on mobile or tablet. And it is focused on children and that everything is easy.

People still have a grudge against version 0.5? I've never understood it, it's at least 3 years old and has been tested better.
use your braind:
  • multicraft is 0.4 available
    0.5/5.X cut off version compatibility
    5.X does not performs well in older linux, neither phones
    5.X does not compiles or are available for very older devices/computers/OS

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

runs wrote:
L-Dog wrote:
Keep it up and online.

No, Multicraft is commercial. It would be the equivalent of Windows. I'll stick with Linux.

L-Dog spittin facts.
Multicraft is where it's at. Of course you don't NEED to support it, but in doing so, you definitely will get more players. Supporting both mobile and pc gaming platforms is a good way to be popular faster.
Also supporting both 4 and 5 versions of Minetest is possible as well, but I don't really know how people do it. You'll need to look into it.

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

Also,
runs wrote:
What in the world does that mean lol.

Multicraft is just a fork of regular MT, designed for mobile. It's open source and is partially dev supported.
Multicraft is 100% NOT a proprietary software.

You're confused man.

LordPhyre

by LordPhyre » Post

https://github.com/runsy/juanchi

On a related note, I checked out the github for the game.
To put it simply, it is very bland.

I suggest adding a descriptive readme, with lots of formatting.
Add some sentences describing your game and what the mods do in the game, what mechanics make it special, stuff like that.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

mcaygerhard wrote:
Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:45
5.X does not performs well in older linux, neither phones
[/list]
Please present your server profiling data and/or client framerate benchmarks which demonstrates that there has actually been a decrease in performance if you compare 0.4.17.1 with 5.5.0-dev. Do not respond with it's obvious or any anecdotes. You have the burden of proof. I eagerly await your response.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

mcaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 08:05
Please present your server profiling data and/or client framerate benchmarks which demonstrates that there has actually been a decrease in performance if you compare 0.4.17.1 with 5.5.0-dev. Do not respond with it's obvious or any anecdotes. You have the burden of proof. I eagerly await your response.
a so popular forum link then viewtopic.php?p=399971#p399971 XD XD XD

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Blockhead wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 08:05
LOL, are you blind ?
just check out how many gamer both versions have ... but you have to check out also the mc list, where many (near 200) 0.4.x gamer are in, NOT listed in mt list.
viewtopic.php?p=399917#p399917
I do not need any performance test or proof, as also since 5.0 devs ignored or failed my reports or ideas ...
I just look the facts of fail
* spread a 5.x version into mobile market,
* maybe plus a running version on low ram mobiles
* of separating versions with never stop the 0.4.x for keep all together
* of server owners since 5.0 to use good hardware to be able to handle a minimum of 40 gamer same time
* of server owners want to have much mods, and loos the lag out of important part also
* of main mt people not solving the ping problem and show clients nearest fastest servers to avoid client sad of lag leading servers
and so on ...

The pure number of 0.4. gamer against 5.x gamer shows the fact already ... 5.x is not the solution for mobile, as if it IS, it would be the majority already
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Mantar

by Mantar » Post

Having fewer users doesn't prove there's a lag problem on 0.5.x, I can think of a load of reasons why 0.4.x has more users, none of which involve lag. Multicraft is on the top of the list. Mobile users outnumber desktop by a wide margin, and there's no better mobile client for Minetest than Multicraft.

I haven't noticed any real performance or lag difference in 0.5.x vs 0.4.x , unless you enable the experimental shadows of 0.5.5dev. But that's an anecdote, and doesn't prove anything either.
Lead dev of Exile, git repo: https://codeberg.org/Mantar/Exile

runs

by runs » Post

Server postponed until further notice.

The server when it comes out will be the best in the Minetest world. And there is nothing more to say, for the moment.