by Nubelite » Post

address :
port : 30000
Version: 0.4.2-rc1
Core: I7
Ram: 16gb
Graphics: Nvidia GTX 480

Welcome To Minetown
Your a new member in a small mining town with only G500 to your name. Dig down deep and strike it rich to buy anything you like. Gather the material you will need yourself to build your dream home. Adventure around the world and discover the deep caves, vast waters, or even unknown paradise. You can build anything you like, from a small hut to your very own mining town with its own store and inn for people to sleep. You could even become a famous craftsman that sells just about anything in their shop.

Ye Old Shoppe
The Ye Old Shoppe is the starting shop in the game. All new players will start near this shop. You hit a sign to either buy or sell items. The bottom is buy, and the top is sell. Each sign explains what it is buying and selling, the amount of the item and the price in G.
Feel free to make your own shop to sell anything you wish.

Mese Arena
Come fight to the death in the Mese Arena, or watch others combat against each other with any weapon they have as they try to survive.

Protection:
If you build something and wish it to be protected please let me know outside of the game, or in if i am on. I will set you as the owner of the area. You can build anything you like, from a shop all the way to the batman cave. Please have an area marked out in a box format so i know what to assign.

Mines and other large spaces can not be protected. A self made town is allowed but only from the ground surface and up. A small building leading to a mine can be protected but the mine under the entrance can not be.

Admins
Admins will have sepcial privliages to enable them to make the world even greater. Adding amazing buildings, or fun interactions.

Mods:
3d furniture
locked sign + Money -- This is a modified version. Thread
set home
throwing
Castle Wall
Multinode with Cylinders -- admin use only
Nature Pack Controlled -- Download link. Thread
Node Ownership
Bed
Home Decor
More Ore
Unified Dyes
Cotton
Farming
Mesecons
Walking Light - pending

Suggestions:
If you have any suggestions on how to make this server even better feel free to post them in the form. If you wish for new mods to be added please post a link for it in this thread. If many users would like this mod as well i will add it.

How to get 4.2 RC-1
Click Here and download the unstable version for your OS.
Last edited by Nubelite on Fri Aug 24, 2012 21:09, edited 1 time in total.

Menche
IRC: Menchers
In-game: Menche

by Menche » Post

An i7? That's more than enough, I have a server running off an Atom netbook, and it used to be on an ancient Pentium 4 tower. Neither of those had more than 1GB of Ram. It sometimes has up to 6-8 players, and still functions pretty well. So yes, yours should be enough for a few servers.
An innocent kitten dies every time you top-post.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

ok sweet. ty.

toleaxus

by toleaxus » Post

ok if need some help tell me

Stef

by Stef » Post

I can help im more a modern builder but medieval will work too
Sorry for my crappy english, im dutch :D

Stef

by Stef » Post

do also in the mods, creativechest

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

foundation is up with signs on whats what. all welcome to help build a great world. hopefully can be used for an rpg or something like that

Neuromancer
GitHub: Neuromancer56

by Neuromancer » Post

I'd recommend installing Multinode with cylinders, awesome for building castles with Towers. Mauvebic said he will be adding it to Mulitnode soon, or you can use the link in my signature if you are impatient. Also, use the cobble textures from Soartex textures, they are the best texture anywhere and perfect for castles. I'd pretty much skip the rest of the textures from Soartex, except maybe the tools. Cisoun's texture pack has pretty good torches. You also should install the Bones mod, so when you die people get to pick over your bones and steal the stuff that was on you. And you should install stairsplus, gives you more interesting shapes to build stuff with. If you had to cut back on anything, I'd remove Home decor, or at least pull/comment out some of the modern nodes/things in the lua files. Who is going to have a home entertainment center in a medieval castle?

Also, if you can, borrow/steal the custom rpg music mod from the DesDes game/map.
When is your server going to have an address?
Last edited by Neuromancer on Thu Jul 26, 2012 19:21, edited 1 time in total.

SegFault22

by SegFault22 » Post

It is reccomended that you use the ''Node Ownership'' mod to protect your castle. Without it you are vulnerable to LandMines.
Resources are abundant; only money is scarce. People should not have to work hard and remain poor just to pay for the needs of survival.
Society can thrive without money - but only if productive members of society are rewarded for being productive.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

I have node ownership installed along with others just need to update. sadly the castle map no longer works, i had the daily update in the ppa and forgot and yea it got messed up lol. I will be hosting a server still but totally different. I will update it today, hopefully have it all set up soon.

Stef

by Stef » Post

when will i can join your server? i cant see the adress

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

Server is up, if there are any issues or suggestions please let me know. I am using the installed deb version so running the server off the advanced tab. Never hosted a server before so we will see how it goes. If anyone knows of a better way to host a server off an installed game please let me know.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Nubelite wrote:Server is up, if there are any issues or suggestions please let me know. I am using the installed deb version so running the server off the advanced tab. Never hosted a server before so we will see how it goes. If anyone knows of a better way to host a server off an installed game please let me know.
Can't log in. Has anyone been able to?

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

i compiled a separate one myself now and hosting the server with the script. Try to connect again

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

the server seems to be stable now
Last edited by Nubelite on Fri Jul 27, 2012 23:36, edited 1 time in total.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

I added Multinode with Cylinders, but will keep it as admin only. If someone is active on the server and wants to build something large for the community to enjoy then i will give them temporary privileges so they can construct it nice and easy. This can even be done with a team.

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Did you do port forwarding on your router? I still can't connect.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

its setup correctly now, sorry. Go ahead and try again. the server is up, will try to keep it 24/7

madchicken13

by madchicken13 » Post

Code: Select all

max_block_send_distance = 3
max_simultaneous_block_sends_per_client = 1
max_simultaneous_block_sends_server_total = 10
active_block_range = 1
dedicated_server_step = 0.1
server_map_save_interval = 10.0
Paste these into ur minetest.conf in your minetest server folder
This is what my server is running on and its lag free :)
Minetest-CC = viewtopic.php?pid=122782
My Minetest Mods = MoreBlocks
My Website: http://www.cddo.us/

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Nubelite wrote:its setup correctly now, sorry. Go ahead and try again. the server is up, will try to keep it 24/7
Sweet! I'm logged in to your server!
Last edited by Neuromancer on Sun Jul 29, 2012 14:19, edited 1 time in total.

prof-turbo

by prof-turbo » Post

this isn't on the 0.4.1! "PROTOCOL_VERSION IS 11,client PROTOCOL_VERSION IS 12"
You should take a look at http://www.xorhub.com

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

i downloaded the 0.4.1 source code from the site. When opening the client it says 0.4.1. I also use a installed 0.4.1 minetest and it works. Others have been able to connect, anyone else having trouble with connecting as 0.4.1?

Neuromancer

by Neuromancer » Post

Nubelite wrote:i downloaded the 0.4.1 source code from the site. When opening the client it says 0.4.1. I also use a installed 0.4.1 minetest and it works. Others have been able to connect, anyone else having trouble with connecting as 0.4.1?
No prob for me, but I wonder if it's because I'm windows and prof-turbo is some other OS.

Nubelite

by Nubelite » Post

im on ubuntu, and madchicken was on and he had no issues either. well he had lag but he posted what to do to fix that lol

Octupuslegs

by Octupuslegs » Post

i just went on server it looks great.Great job
Can i be a mod please
Co-Founder of OC Construction with my buddy captainfap, Founder of Wetmatrix and Co-Founder of Sealife cove on Ecube's server