[Server] Cabin Fever - The Hardcore Server Where Beauty Meets Brutality - Now on Libera!

FrostRanger
GitHub: WulftheNordicRanger
IRC: FrostRanger FrostRanger[m]
In-game: FrostRanger FrostStar
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

[Server] Cabin Fever - The Hardcore Server Where Beauty Meets Brutality - Now on Libera!

by FrostRanger » Post

Is this coronavirus madness getting to you? Does it make you want to get away to a cabin in the woods? If so then this may be the place for you! Be warned though, surviving out here will not be easy, as there is the threat of starvation, dehydration, and oh yeah, try not to catch lycanthropy from the local werewolves...

Rules
No griefing and please protect your stuff or I will not be responsible for what happens
No swearing or discussing any not safe for work topics
No asking for privs/items/ranks
No spamming
You must have prior permission before building within 100 blocks of someone's build
No hacking, hackers will be banned on sight
No impersonating other players, this will also result in a ban
No dating or roleplaying, this is not tinder
Give everyone due respect, you don't have to agree with them or even like them, all I ask is that you treat each other like decent human beings
Obey all staff members
Do not intentionally cause lag
Failure to read the rules is no excuse for breaking them and is in of itself against the rules

Our unique modset includes
-rspawn 'cause distance tends to keep the peace (also, this is hardcore so can't make things too easy by having everyone too clumped together)
-icy's server essentials
adds warps and some other useful features such as the ability to mute tp requests (/tpmute) and the ability to have
multiple homes
-elepower
Tired of seeing the same old technic and basic machines mods? So am I, It's still in alpha, but it is still very feature
rich with a lot of useful machines
-cg decor, ma and pop's furniture, xdecor, kotatsu table, beds, among others for your decor needs
Just 'cause this is hardcore survival doesn't mean your builds have to be bland and utilitarian if you don't want them
to be :P
-plantlife, moretrees, cooltrees, brewing aqua farming, farming redo and cucina vegana
Because nature is beautiful as well as deadly
-Cloudlands, tsm pyramids, tsm mineshafts, caverealms lite, nssb, and snow
Exploration is half the fun :P
-petz and nssm
This wouldn't be hardcore if something wasn't trying to kill you after all >:D
-hb hunger, hb sprint, and thirsty
The mobs can't be the only thing making your life harder :P
-ambiance, snowsong plus bgm with music from the original snowsong modpack!
for extra immersion and 'cause you're going to need something to calm your nerves after you've died for the 50th
time lol

-Sharpnet 64x Texture pack
To offer a change from the usual textures

Plus many more mods!

The server is still in active development, so expect things to change/get borked/get fixed again

Screenshots

You can connect to the server by either 1, searching for it in the serverlist or 2, using the address cabinfever.zenwillow.website or the ip 207.244.233.70, both at default port 30000
Join the server on Libera.chat at ##Cabinfever
If you run into any issues, you can either pm me on irc (I'll see it eventually even if I am not around at that moment) or open an issue on our issue tracker: https://gitlab.com/FrostRanger/cabin-fe ... ue-tracker
Last edited by FrostRanger on Sat May 29, 2021 19:07, edited 9 times in total.
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

FrostRanger
Location: In the untamed wilderness of wherever I happen to be dimension hopping this time...

Re: (Server) Cabin Fever

by FrostRanger » Post

The mods used here
Sole ranger and ruler of the frozen realms of Cabin Fever and seeker of the ever elusive Dungeon Master...

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Ik the area is called spawn but it's really more of a marketplace due to the fact that we use rspawn. The only shop that actually has stuff is my admin shop but there are spots available if someone wants to open a shop (must be responsible and keep their shop reasonably well stocked, or will be subjected to removal). Do /warp market if you wish to visit.

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

We now have an irc channel! join at ##CabinFever on freenode! :D
Added cucina vegana, aqua farming and beware the dark 'cause life here isn't hard enough :p
Ranks are temporarily disable until I can get it to play nice with irc.

bhree
GitHub: bhree
IRC: bhree
In-game: bhree

by bhree » Post

Hi, Frostranger,
I thought you would use the frozen theme for your server, :D. Congratulations, let's make more varying minetest servers. I'm planning to pay a visit.

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

bhree wrote:
Wed May 13, 2020 13:11
Hi, Frostranger,
I thought you would use the frozen theme for your server, :D. Congratulations, let's make more varying minetest servers. I'm planning to pay a visit.
Thx! I would have, but there aren't enough good ice mods out there, I do have splizard's snow biomes mod installed but that only adds additional snow biomes rather than make the entire world a frozen land (actually, there is the europa mod but that makes the world uninhabitable). Looking forward to your visit! I consider things to be a wip atm, but I am fairly happy with where things are now, expect some custom stuff in the future! (dunno how soon due to irl duties). Ping me if you do drop by! :D

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Sound Update!

-Added snowsong sound pack,
-Added some of the music from the original snowsong modpack to bgm
-Added ambiance mod

FrostRanger

Re: [Server] Cabin Fever

by FrostRanger » Post

The post office and the travelnet hub are now open to the public! use /warp post to get to the post office and /hub to go to the travelnet hub

FrostRanger

Re: [Server] Cabin Fever - The Hardcore Server Where Beauty Meets Brutality

by FrostRanger » Post

Brief Update
-Added water life and since lava is evidently stupid rare I've made sharks drop obsidian shards (don't go after them
without armor and a decent weapon though, they hit hard and fast...)

-Added Auroras mod so keep an eye out if you are in a cold biome on a clear night :D

-Added luxury decor since they made oil spawn as a solid underground

-Added artdeco for some extra blocks to decorate with. I will add recipes for the blocks without them at some point as my time allows

Working on some custom stuff for the server (won't spoil it yet) as my time permits

Probably some other minor stuff that I forgot but that's the major stuff

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

I have no idea how long it has been going on but the server was off the serverlist for a while for whatever reason. A quick reboot of the vps fixed it. No new updates yet but hopefully there should be a decent sized update sometime this month.

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

The server is temporarily down 'cause I am in the process of switching hosting companies. I hope to have the server up in a few days once I get a bit more time to get things set up. There shall be no map wipe and things should be functionally the same from an end user standpoint.

KingBull

by KingBull » Post

Hello FrostRanger!

Hope all is well! Looking forward to the re-opening of CabinFever, need a place
in the woods! :)

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

OK, Good news, I managed to get everything loaded onto the new server (Be grateful that I am a very patient woman as that was a pain in the neck...I really should make a video guide on this when I get time) The only things I need to do are 1, get the irc relay up and running, and 2, set up a systemD process so it will run in the background. Hopefully I should at the very least have the server up and running after I get off work today and after that I will work on adding new content and dealing with bugs.
Now I am going to go brew a cup of green tea....

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Server is Back Up!
After many hours of work (Mostly spent trying to find a proper guide as the wiki is outdated), Cabin Fever is finally back online!
Not much has changed from a user standpoint as this move was more for my own convenience For those curious about the specs of the old machine vs the new machine:
***********Was Now
Ram -----4 Gigs ---8 Gigs
CPU -----2 cores --4 cores
Storage 48 Gigs --200 Gigs
As one can tell, it's a pretty major improvement, although since lag was pretty low to begin with, players probably won't notice anything different. It did make me comfortable enough to increase the player limit to 30 (even though the previous cap of 15 was never reached) I shall see how well that works out and may make adjustments as needed.

Now to get the fall update ready (no spoilers yet...)

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Still working on some custom stuff but due to being busy irl haven't had much time to work on it. However, I have still added some mods
--Temperate rainforest
--Swampz
--Cloud items
More to be added later as I get time

Happy Halloween! :D

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

It's a nice server, quite challenging and unforgiving!
Takes a while to load first time, because it's on the heavy side, media-wise, but I would say it's worth it.

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Update!

--Added a custom version of the wine mod. Thus far I have only added crafts for vinegar but do not expect to use booze to escape your troubles or you will sorely regret it later...
--Speaking of vinegar, I've added a custom pickles mod (Thx for the idea Leelith!) that adds well, pickles as well as jerky (I'll release the code once I've added a bit more to it and most likely bundle it with the custom wine mod)
--Clay is now craftable with sand and gravel, so you have little excuse to build with cobble and dirt....

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Just a quick update
Haven't had time between work and school to do much other than keeping the server running, but I believe I do have a week off - at least from college anyways, I am still working full-time - next week so I should have some time to do some work on the server (hopefully).

Stay tuned

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Will be moving the server's irc channel to libera once the matrix bridge for it is finished

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

ATTENTION
Cabin Fever is now on Libera.chat at ##Cabinfever
Due to the debacle with freenode, the server now uses libera, as always, we are on matrix

FrostRanger

Re: [Server] Cabin Fever - The Hardcore Server Where Beauty Meets Brutality - Now on Libera!

by FrostRanger » Post

I added a domain name for the server at cabinfever.zenwillow.website. I have absolutely no idea why i haven't added one sooner as I had some domain names just sitting around :/ In any case, you will probably have to bookmark the server again.

FrostRanger

Re: [Server] Cabin Fever - The Hardcore Server Where Beauty Meets Brutality - Now on Libera!

by FrostRanger » Post

Minor update:
- fixed several bugs - namely the one with Ma and Pop's furniture that causes the tv and fireplace to sound off globally.
- updated several mods to the latest version

FrostRanger

by FrostRanger » Post

Fall is in the air
The trees and grass have taken on their fall hues :D

More to come!

Edit: here's the link to the modified texture pack in case you want to use it in your worlds (my modifications are under the same public domain license as the rest of Sharpnet).

https://gitea.zenwillow.website/FrostRa ... ll_texture