[Server] JT2 @test@ (Snowfall + Athletics + Mobs Lite + Axon)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

Re: [Server] JT2 @test@ (Snowfall + Athletics + Mobs Lite + Axon)

by sorcerykid » Post

Just a heads up for any players who aren't yet aware: The Change Password option in the ESC menu does not work. This is a longstanding bug, so there is no need to report it. In the meantime, if you need a password change, simply PM me in-game.

I'll try my best to tackle this problem sometime next week. I've been hesitant up till now only because it requires changing the server networking code. And that's not familiar territory for me. However, with this being a security concern (add to the fact a major inconvenience), I'm motivated to address it once for all.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Happy Halloween friends and fiends!

JT2 has just undergone a transformation to the dark side. Ghouls and goblins are on the prowl. And they're out for blood -- your blood! So be on your best defenses during the witching hour.

Of course, what Halloween would be complete without tooth-rotting candy? No worries, we've got you covered! Four limited edition Goodie Bags in a variety of colours are ready to craft. But be forewarned, they may give out more tricks than treats!

The following items can only be obtained from Goodie Bags. And each bag gives only a specific selection of these items:

Note that the Pumpkin Bread and Apple Cider are from prior Halloween events. But I brought them back again this year!

Have fun, and stay spooky :D

Fatalik
GitHub: Fatalik
IRC: Fatali
In-game: Just test

by Fatalik » Post

Nemo, you said that you would bring back the old world, where players used to spend a lot of time building houses, where the old world is??? Will you bring back the old world?!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Friendly reminder to all:

As mentioned before, rotten eggs can be used to destroy locked chests, mailboxes, steel doors, and any other owned nodes in unprotected areas. Unfortunately, this has led to some confusion in recent weeks, after an incident of suspected griefing. And I apologize if the functionality of rotten eggs was not made clearer.

Please remember to properly protect your builds from griefers by placing a protection block, particularly in any areas where you have valuable stored.

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

rotten eggs?
must have missed all info about that
ts ts
got to mine for more protection ingredients again ...
just when I had decided to spent more of my rather limited playtime on the surface :-)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I made the original announcement about rotten eggs back in 2017, although they weren't fully implemented until earlier this year.

Rotten eggs are essentially a close analog of Admin TNT from just test, albeit somewhat more lethal by comparison. I felt that they would serve an important function, since JT2 is an anarchy survival surver..

If your base is sufficiently far from spawn, then I wouldn't worry too much about vandalism. The risk is sufficiently low. But when security is still a concern, then a cost-effective solution is simply to camouflage your chests behind some stone.

Sokomine
GitHub: Sokomine

by Sokomine » Post

socerykid wrote: since JT2 is an anarchy survival surver..
Yes :-( And that's a pity. You do so many intresting things...but...anarchy survival...nah :-( Can't stand that personally. But at least that way players who prefer PvP have a place to go to...
A list of my mods can be found here.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Thanksgiving Turkey Mania

It's that time of year again when our giant feathery friends will be taking over JT2.

I also restored the spawning of spiders and pigeons, which I'd accidentally disabled a couple months ago. And last but not least, it is now possible to increase the lifespan of turkeys, chickens, and kittens by feeding them.

I have some more features in the works, which I hope to have deployed tomorrow including the long-awaited ability to tame certain wild animals. Yes, that means personalized pets will soon become an additional game mechanic.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our American players!