[Server] JT2 @test@ (Snowfall + Athletics + Mobs Lite + Axon)

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

[Server] JT2 @test@ (Snowfall + Athletics + Mobs Lite + Axon)

by sorcerykid » Post

Welcome to the JT2 @test@ server, based on the Just Test Tribute game for the Minetest S3 engine! This server is a test-bed for new and exciting features that are in the alpha stage of development, prior to being deployed to the main Just Test Tribute server.

Your server owner and operator is Nemo. You may submit questions, comments, etc. into the mailbox at Lag Memorial Bell Tower.

Server restarts daily at 00:00 UTC (7:00 PM Central) for automated backup and rendering of map.

Rules: No griefing, doxxing, trolling, dating, cheating, hacking or cursing.

Penalty for violating these rules will range from jail to ban depending on the severity of the infraction.

JT2 @test@ is hosted on a powerful dedicated CentOS server running a customized fork of Minetest. The majority of mods have been developed specifically for the Just Test Tribute game by sorcerykid.

The following chat commands are custom tailored to the JT2 @test@ server:
  • /ls
    Show the list of online players

/spawn [main|east|north|south]
    Teleport to the static spawnpoint

/mail
    View your latest mail delivery notifications

/status [server|client|player|engine|config]
    Print detailed information about the player, client, server, engine, or config

/top
    View realtime server and player statistics

/e
    Select from a list of emoji visual effects

/clock
    Show the local time and date of the server

/weather
    View the current weather conditions

/log
    View graphical logs of recent weather activity

/home
    Show the coordinates of your assigned spawnpoint

/who [player_name]
    Show information about the given player, or yourself

/w [search_phrase]
    Show a list of online players with names matching the given search phrase.

/where [player_name]
    Show the position and relative distance of the given player (within 1000 meters)

/what
    Show information about the wielded item

/near [range]
    Show a list of players within the given range, or 50 meters (maximum of 1000 meters)

/chat
    View the chat history with optional message filters

/c [search_phrase]
    Search the chat history for the given search phrase

/jail [player_name]
    Forcibly jail the given player, or yourself (requires "jail" privilege)

/kill [player_name]
    Forcibly kill the given player, or yourself, and bypass jail when killing players (requires "kill privilege)

/mute [player_name]
    Grant or revoke the shout privileges of the given player (requires "basic_privs" priv)

/lock [player_name]
    Grant or revoke the interact privileges of the given player (requires "basic_privs" priv)

/x
    Open the Macro Crafting Manager

/craft [search_phrase]
    Search for an item within the Craft Guide

/date
    Show the current world date in "Day, Month, Year" format

/time
    Show the current world time in "Hour:Minute AM/PM" format
Your objective is to farm, mine, trade, and help build the greatest city in an all stone world filled with dangerous mobs! Craft dirt from bones. Then craft a sapling from dirt and an apple. And don't forget to keep an eye on the seasons and the weather, because extreme temperatures can kill you. This includes standing in close proximity to heat-generating nodes like lava, fire, and yes even furnaces.

Quick Starter Tips:
  • Stand on one of the memorial blocks in Spawn Plaza or in the Bell Tower to quickly restore your health and hunger. It's totally free!
  • Donations of food, tools, armor, and cobble can be found in the Chests of Sharing at spawn. Take what you need, give what you don't.
  • To avoid the risk of heat stroke and frost bite, you may need to find shelter indoors, or better yet equip yourself with suitable armor.
  • Each grade of armor has certain insulation and conduction capabilities, providing enhanced protection from sources of heat or cold.
  • Except for flowers, most plants do not spread naturally. Therefore, they must be obtained from mob drops or by trading with players.
  • Watch out for rotten eggs. If you stand too close, the stench will damage you. Rotten eggs are an ideal deterrent against trespassers.
This is just scratching the surface. There are many other tricks of the trade that you will discover along the way. Good luck!

Below is a live snapshot of spawntown and online players:

Last edited by sorcerykid on Tue Sep 22, 2020 09:49, edited 5 times in total.

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Server] @test@ [Minetest S3 Engine Build 26]

by Wuzzy » Post

Please rename the topic to “[Server] JT2 @test@ [Minetest S3 Engine Build 26]” so the name is in sync with the server name as displayed in the server list.

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] @test@ [Minetest S3 Engine Build 26]

by sorcerykid » Post

Excellent point Wuzzy. I think going forward this server shall be named "JT2 @test@" and the main server JT2 aka Just Test Tribute. That better conveys their relationship and the fact that this is intended as a test server.

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] JT2 @test@ [Mobs Lite + Minetest S3 Engine]

by sorcerykid » Post

Today is the big day. Mister_CJ's shop is having its grand opening celebration. Great deals and discounts on all your shopping needs, including miner's essentials. People are already lining up at the front entrance. So all we need is YOU. Come join the party!

Miner's Emporium is located at (70 E, 13 S), directly east of the Bell Tower at spawn and behind Master_CJ's Giant Watchful Eye!

PS. I'm told there will be a drawing for 100 ingots of gold. Knowing how rare gold is on this server, this could dbe your lucky day!

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Just wanted to add to sorcerykid's post, a few group photos I took during Mister_CJ's Shop Grand Opening! Sure was quite a party :P
Last edited by Master_CJ on Sat May 23, 2020 00:12, edited 1 time in total.

Mister_CJ
In-game: Mister_CJ

!!!MISTER_CJ'S SHOP CLOSED!!!

by Mister_CJ » Post

Unfortunately, I have found a bug in the past day and a half and I do not get the gold when there is a purchase. I am in hopes of Nemo fixing the problem so I can have my grand re-opening very soon. I am sorry for any inconvenience. There is also a sign to the right of my doors.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I just finished testing the vending machines, and everything is working fine. Nothing has changed with the Vendor mod since I took over the server in 2016, nor have any other players reported this problem. I think you may have misconfigured the machines.

Mister_CJ

by Mister_CJ » Post

Ok thank you very much! @Nemo @sorcerykid I will still keep the store closed while I am restocking and Will expect a grand re-opening on 5/10/2020 or 5/17/2020

Mister_CJ

!!!Update on Mister_CJ's everyday goods (aka. Miner's Emporium)!!!

by Mister_CJ » Post

Due to recent events, I have decided to host my grand re-opening on June 5, 2020. This will be the biggest of parties because it is a 2 in 1! We will be hosting the grand re-opening and a birthday party. Again the party is on June 5. I hope we will be restocked when the time comes. Be sure to attend (and bring gift boxes and gifts)! Thank you and see you at the party!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I'm happy to report that I've finally discovered what was causing the mysterious server crashes with mobs the past several weeks. Once I complete some further testing, then I'll bring the server back online :)

For those that are curious, it was this one section of code in serverenvironment.cpp that was wreaking havoc! It seems that when mobs were dropping items during their on_step callback, that screwed up the next iteration of ServerActiveObjectMap resulting in a segfault. It violated the age-old rule of programming: Never add or remove elements from an array while looping over it.

So my solution was to iterate over the active object IDs instead (since IDs are immutable during a single server step). Problem solved. Now mobs can drop as many items as they want, and the server no longer goes kaboom :D

Code: Select all

std::vector<u16> objects_to_step;
                for( ServerActiveObjectMap::iterator i = m_active_objects.begin(); i != m_active_objects.end(); ++i ) {
                        // This offers a basic line of defense against
                        // object insertions during the entity on_step
                        // callback that can screw up later iterations
                        // of ServerActiveObjectMap.
                        objects_to_step.push_back( i->first );
                }

for ( u32 i = 0; i < objects_to_step.size( ); i++ ) {
                        ServerActiveObject* obj = getActiveObject( objects_to_step[ i ] );

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

Why does the server always take so long to go back up after a crash?
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

Mister_CJ

!!! Update on Mister_CJ's shop !!!

by Mister_CJ » Post

Hello this is Mister_CJ and I am pleased to say that we are on track and will be expected to re-open without problems. The Lottery is now open again now that Nemo hasn't found any bug regarding vending machines. If the server happens to crash for a long period of time, that might be a problem but I have no doubt that Nemo will fix it. Again, the party is a 2 in 1 and we will be adding a party room for the basement. I am very excited to get construction up and running! Any further questions feel free to message me in-game, message me on the forum, or send me a note in the mail at (70,3,-15). Thank you for your support!

Mister_CJ

by Mister_CJ » Post

Ok Sorcerykid I have detected an error for a while now and I am not sure u are aware:

"2020-05-17 00:11:33: ERROR[Main]: Client: : HandleCommand_ActiveObjectMessages:Caught Serialization Error deserializeString: couldn't read all chars"

This pops up from time to time and I don't know what it means bec I don't know "code language" XD but I have no doubt that u will figure it out in no time!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Why does the server always take so long to go back up after a crash?
Sometimes the reason the server is down for an extended period is because I am troubleshooting a previous crash. It's not always a quickfix. In some cases I have to research a workaround.
Ok Sorcerykid I have detected an error for a while now and I am not sure u are aware:
I've seen the error, but not entirely sure what causes it. My suspicion is that it's still something to do with buggy object attachments. Removing the wield3d mod helped, but ultimately I will have to do some debugging of the engine itself.

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Finished building the football/soccer stadium.
You can now play matches with your friends!
yara, why4, Mister_CJ and I were the first to try out the field and play an intense match :P

Mister_CJ

!!!Update on Miner's Emporium!!!

by Mister_CJ » Post

Hello again. I am here to give u a status report on Miner's Emporium. We might be a little behind on some specific items due to their rarity or if those are in use. It will be another race against the clock. Again, this party will be a 2 in 1 celebrating my birthday and my grand re-opening. Be sure to bring gifts and gift boxes! A special thanks to Master_CJ, Yara, and Gergra. The world cup is coming soon and Miner's Emporium is sponsoring 200 gold and 100 diamonds to the winners of the cup. If you want to help, You can donate with the vending machine in front of Master_CJ's park. If you have any questions feel free to message me on the forum, in-game, or send me a postcard through the mail. Party starts on June 5 at 20:40 UTC. Thank you for your support and see you at the party!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Kudos to Master_CJ on another very impressive build.

The soccer tournaments are now underway! There are only three trophies to give away. So grab yourself a refreshment and come root for your favourite team. There are plenty of seats in the stands for a good view.

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] JT2 @test@ [Mobs Lite + Axon + Physics + Athletics]

by sorcerykid » Post

After months of hard work, I'm happy to report that all of the following mods are fully working and stable.

Much to my surprise, the performance of the physics and athletics mods are actually quite impressive. Heree are the benchmarking results for a 12-hour window during the soccer tournament, when I figured both mods would be getting extensive use.

As you can see the total execution time for physics was only 1.2 seconds and for athletics only 4.1 seconds :)

Although the Thievery mod is completed, I haven't yet completed work on all the textures. However, I demonstrated some of the features a few weeks ago for why4 and Wuzzy. It includes a variety of new weapons (broadhead arrow, fire arrow, water arrow, gas arrow, landmine), monsters (fire elemental and frogbeast), and craftitems (water crystal, fire crystal, gas crystal). So stay tuned!

On a sidenote, I've been taking a break and focusing on another project the past week, hence my absence. But I do read my in-game mail. So please continue sending bug reports either there or in PM, and I'll address them in order of priority.

~Nemo

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

The soccer tournament is going great! We're now in the middle of the qualifying rounds, close to half of qualifying games are complete. Don't worry, the games take place whenever the players are ready, so the players can't miss them. If you participate in the tournament, make sure to visit the server more often, to increase the chance of finding an opponent.

If you want to spectate, it's sadly not possible to predict when the games will start, because the qualfying matches happen whenever players are around at a convenient time. But Master_CJ promised to announce a date and time for the semi-finals and finals!

Mister_CJ

by Mister_CJ » Post

I hope everyone who attended the party had a great time! If anyone missed the party, no big deal. I will host more parties and will send invitations about 2 weeks early so you'll have a head start!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

The party was a blast, and I got some great photos and video of the event!

Mister_CJ certainly knows how to throw a party, and I look forward to many more :D

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Yes, the party was indeed a blast! :D

-----

The soccer tournament is stuck in the qualifications round. There are still 10 qualifcation matches to be played, and it has been stuck at 10 for days now.

The following players have NOT completed their qualifications round:
lionna, MaskThe, steve, erstazi, abi, Alma, Paulina, AntionixdSL, Melisa777, 1248, jumali, jacke_harper

I suspect the remaining players live in very different time zones, so the chance that they meet randomly is low. I suggest that you organize a time and date for each of the remaining matches. Hoping that you will randomly meet so that you can play is futile. We need more organization!

For your information:
The following qualification rounds are still open:

* Skins vs Wood
* Skins vs Bronze
* Skins vs Gold
* Skins vs Cactus
* Skins vs Diamond
* Steel vs Gold
* Steel vs Cactus
* Steel vs Diamond
* Bronze vs Cactus
* Gold vs Cactus

Here are the remaining players, sorted by teams:

SKINS
lionna
MaskThe
steve

WOOD
erstazi

STEEL
abi
Alma
Paulina

BRONZE
Mister_CJ

GOLD
AntonixdSL
Melisa777

CACTUS
jumali

DIAMOND
jacke_harper

IMPORTANT: Master_CJ told me that if the qualifications are not completed before June 15 (if I remember correctly), the qualification ends automatically. But don't trust me, I'm not the organizer! I'm just a normal player. :P

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Wuzzy wrote:
Tue Jun 09, 2020 22:46
But don't trust me, I'm not the organizer! I'm just a normal player. :P
You sure do your research :)

You are correct I did say the 15th, but I will encourage players to finish the matches and if they're not completed by the 20th of June, the tournament must move on for players who have completed their part. I will make sure to stay logged in as much as I can to catch players at the right time, but most of the delay is from a few players being unable to log in at all or too busy when matches are available.

I will post date and times for semi-finals on the 20th.

Wish you all luck :D

Mister_CJ

MINER'S EMPORUIM ANNOUNCES FIRST WINNER!

by Mister_CJ » Post

On 6/20/2020, Master_CJ bought the winning ticket! This took him a few attempts but he won in the end, 100 gold. I have upgraded it to have better prizes. Diamonds, gold, Nyan cat rainbows, and Nyan cats! I will be hosting another party on June 25th at 20:00 UTC. Anyone is welcome to come. This won't be as crazy a party as the last two but anyone is welcome. I keep upgrading my party room so stop by.

Mister_CJ

Party moved to july 4th

by Mister_CJ » Post

Attention all Americans! Looking to celebrate independence day? Come on down to Miner's Emporium and party!