[Server] JT2 @test@ (Snowfall + Athletics + Mobs Lite + Axon)

Wuzzy
GitHub: Wuzzy2
IRC: Wuzzy
In-game: Wuzzy

Re: [Server] JT2 @test@ [Mobs Lite + Axon + Physics + Athletics]

by Wuzzy » Post

Oops, I did forget to check the date …
Anyway, this is the test server, after all. Why blame me for testing?

And maybe just wait with the announcement until it actually is in effect, to make sure there is not any confusion. :P

sorcerykid
GitHub: sorcerykid
In-game: Nemo

by sorcerykid » Post

Great news everyone! I developed a custom raycasting algorithm for Mobs Lite. This means that monsters are no longer able to hit players through walls and ceilings. Likewise animals can only grab food that is directly within their reach. This applies to vision too! Now mobs will follow players so long as they remain the their field of view.

There is still more fine tuning to do. But even as a proof of concept, this is a significant improvement to gameplay on JT2.

Master_CJ
In-game: Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2020 21:00
Great news everyone! I developed a custom raycasting algorithm for Mobs Lite. This means that monsters are no longer able to hit players through walls and ceilings. Likewise animals can only grab food that is directly within their reach. This applies to vision too! Now mobs will follow players so long as they remain the their field of view.

There is still more fine tuning to do. But even as a proof of concept, this is a significant improvement to gameplay on JT2.
Awesome!!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

This is great news! My mob prisons are now a lot safer. ^_^

This was also a big problem in Ultimate Arena on the old server, because the mobs could attack through the entrance, potentially killing you before you even enter the arena!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

As some of you may have noticed, the world clock will soon reach 200 in-game years (that is 72,000 days since the epoch), marking the bicentennial of JT2! It was also exactly four years ago that maikerumine launched the Just Test Tribute server (on August 10, 2016 to be exact). So all the more reason to commemorate both occasions.

Tonight I will be reverting to a saved copy of the map from the 100 year anniversary on December 2017. I will then restore the current map on Wednesday night. The 200-year countdown celebrataion will take place on Thursday, August 13 at the new Lost Fountain of Guardians, constructed by Master_CJ, which is located at 500 West 500 South.

Guardians are encouraged to construct a booth of their choosing within the fountain square, subject to the following design constraints per Wuzzy and Master_CJ:
  • Booth must be no larger than 4×4×4 (if possible)
  • Booth must contain a locked chest, 1 gift box and 1 sign (with current date clearly visible)
It is recommended to bring at least 1 Locked Chest, 1 Gift Box, 1 Sign and 2 Empty Buckets to the site along with any other materials that you will need for construction. Be sure to ask Master_CJ to be added to the protection prior to arrival.

FreeLikeGNU
GitHub: FreeLikeGNU
IRC: freelikegnu
In-game: FreeLikeGNU

by FreeLikeGNU » Post

sorcerykid wrote:

Super cool! BTW https://github.com/minetest/minetest/pull/9717 ...nudge, nudge....

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Very excited to see the bicentennial party play out! :D I'll be sure to not miss it!

Wuzzy

by Wuzzy » Post

Aaand I killed the server … I have used a old written book that I found in one of my locked chests. :-(

For when exactly is the party planned (UTC time)?

iisu
GitHub: iisu
IRC: iisu
In-game: iisu

by iisu » Post

sorcerykid wrote:

Awesome! I wonder if it could be used for Nyan cats and mese blocks, to hide them from xrayers.
Roses are red, violets are blue. Omae wa mou shindeiru.

sorcerykid

Re: [Server] JT2 @test@ (200 Years)

by sorcerykid » Post

Today's the big day! Join us at spawn as we ring in a new century on JT2!

An extended carillon will play from Lag Memorial Bell Tower at the stoke midnight, along with a massive balloon drop over spawn plaza. I'll be handing out free confetti and party horns to players beforehand, so don't worry about crafting your own!

The celebration will then continue at the Lost Fountain of Guardians, beginning with a monster frenzy, giftbox giveaway, and pastry explosion, followed by a dazzling fireworks display at dusk. It's a once-in-a-century event, so you don't want to miss it.

Important Note: If you're a Guardian and you haven't yet constructed a booth, then please be sure to get in touch with Master_CJ. There's still time before the party.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Wow, last night's party was off the hook! Thanks to everyone that attended. I wasn't expecting that big of a turnout. You certainly proved that we know how to ring in a new century on Minetest :)

Over the weekend I will be compiling pictures from the event. So stay tuned!

Wuzzy

Screenshots!

by Wuzzy » Post

2 screenshots from the Party:

https://satoshiupload.com/images/M1SLt44qzD.png

https://satoshiupload.com/images/EO7ifFICZu.png

In other news, here's my latest building, the Temple of Blueberries:
https://satoshiupload.com/images/m6xB1fmPOg.png

GitHub: Der1248
In-game: 1248 or Der1248

by 1248 » Post

Happy new century from me and jumali.
I made a little video during the anniversary for everyone who missed the party.

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

1248 wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 16:01
Happy new century from me and jumali.
I made a little video during the anniversary for everyone who missed the party.
Excellent footage 1248! Glad you were able to shoot a video :D I also have a few spare of the uncraftable pastries leftover for people who may have missed the beginning part of the party, so I'll have some saved for you and jumali when I get the chance!

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

Here are some screenshots I took from the awesome party!

The Just Test community sure knows how to throw a party!

iisu

by iisu » Post

Master_CJ wrote:
Sat Aug 15, 2020 23:13

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

We had an amazing rewind party to commemorate the bicentennial of JT2!

Players were given the opportunity to explore the world as it was four years ago. Many spent that time just taking in the sights, while others focused on mining and building. For the JT2 veterans, of course, it was truly a stroll down memory lane as we got a unique glimpse into the server's past. Here are some screenshots from our trip back in time!

Spawn plaza was still decorated in the theme of Christmas 2016, even complete with giftboxes.

Wuzzy's pop up bakery became an instant hot-spot for n00bs in search of confectionery delights.

Nemo placed a surprise giftbox for maikerumine in hopes that one day he might stumble across it!

why4 built a new base entirely from scratch, as a genuine test of survival in a retro-stone world.

Master_CJ and Mister_CJ quickly headed to the hills to scope out what would become Crescentville.

Some players teamed up to create a makeshift a time capsule with messages to their future selves!

Last edited by sorcerykid on Mon Aug 17, 2020 00:24, edited 1 time in total.

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

sorcerykid wrote:
Sun Aug 16, 2020 23:37

Wuzzy's pop up bakery became an instant hot-spot for n00bs in search of confectionery delights.

Hahaha shows a picture of iisu after talking about n00bs xD

Master_CJ

by Master_CJ » Post

EGO_CONSTRUCTION
"La mejor empresa de construcciones en el Just Test" / "The best construction company in Just Test"

Ego has started out his own real estate business! If you wanna get a sick new house built for you, I recommend giving Ego a call :) His headquarters resides in his village directly South from spawn, if you want to pay a visit to some cool new houses and maybe negotiate! Prices will be discussed there, if any :)

The CEO at his desk :P

And check out some of the houses his company have built for others so far! Defenitely worth getting in contact :)

iisu

by iisu » Post

Nemo and her evil minions:

Turns out sorcerykid is really black magic kid.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

As some of you may have noticed there are now three new spawns around town. This is to address issues with clients hanging and/or crashing, in addition to network latency, caused by excessive numbers of players congregating in spawn plaza during peak hours. From now on, when new players join the server they will be randomly spawned at any of the four static spawnpoints.

Keep in mind that after death, players will still respawn at the Central Spawn, unless an active spawnpoint is set. To manually teleport to East Spawn, North Spawn, or South Spawn, simply type /spawn followed by a cardinal direction: "east", "north" or "south".

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Some of my absolute favourite terrain are the ravines on the JT2 @test@ server. These pictures, of course don't do justice to the sheer enormity. To venture through by boat is pretty epic. Definitely an other-worldly experience :)

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

Friendly reminder!

On Monday, August 24 all vending machines within spawn plaza will be removed to make way for voting booths. Vendors are encouraged to make use of the public sandbox mall surrounding spawn plaza for vending and depositing machines instead.

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

For those who missed it, maikerumine recorded an LP of the @test@ server a few months ago! It's pretty chill, like most of his other Minetest videos. I think it's definitely worth checking out, tho, to see how much the world has changed since April. Hopefully he'll be turning this into a series at some point!

JT2 -=t e m p m a p w a v e=- #1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GmYsRRNQns

Speaking of maikerumine, it looks like his Extreme Survival server is officially back online, and it's being updated for Minetest 5.0. How cool is that? Huzzah!

sorcerykid

by sorcerykid » Post

I resolved a bug with shared protectors. Now you can again enable and disable the bitmap mask from the GUI. It seems that I broke some of that functionality with an update a few weeks ago. Not that this didn't affect public protectors.

I also reworked the the dropbox in order to prevent players from spamming the list of recipients with multiple mailboxes. To list (or unlist) your mailbox, simply toggle the "Delivery Notification" option in the mailbox GUI.