MineClone 5 on Minetest 5

tuxayo

Re: MineClone 5.1.9 on Minetest 5.5

by tuxayo » Post

Is that the right place to report repeating playerkilling and grief by player "1tv"?
On server kay27.ignorelist.com:30000

They are also the one that claim building a lavacast on spawn which is a pain to go out of it.

Blockhead
GitHub: Montandalar
IRC: Blockhead256
In-game: Blockhead Blockhead256

by Blockhead » Post

This post has been blanked because I jumped into a thread and assumed I was in the games subforum not the servers subforum.
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

Mykk
In-game: Mykk

by Mykk » Post

У Вас на сервере грифер. Он ходит сквозь стены, летает, делает невидимым ник и сам становится невидимым. И убивает всех просто так. Сказал, что к банам всегда готов. Его ник Рiss_Сакеhоle.Посмотрите логи вечера 13.05.22

И ещё.
-- обновите приглашение в группу Дискорда - оно устарело.
-- поставьте почтовый ящик на спавне, чтобы можно было с Вами связаться
-- а лучше просто отключите PvP на сервере, потому что спокойно играть невозможно. То испаноговорящие нападают, а теперь вот ещё и этот тип
-- может, стоит дать кому-нибудь привилегии, чтобы банить нарушителей?
ОЧЕНЬ надеюсь на Вашу помощь, потому что пока мне нравится играть на сервере, и не только мне.

ПС. А что с поддержкой русского языка? Он появится?
ППС. И сервер с некоторой регулярностью выбрасывает всех. Почему?

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

Hi, reporting player "Piss_Cakehole" for repeating playerkilling and spawnkill using cheats. Their taunts seem to indicate it's the same person as "1tv".

Mykk
In-game: Mykk

by Mykk » Post

I think the server is lost as long as this freak is there. He doesn't let anyone play in peace. It's very sad that the moderators can't get rid of it

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Mykk wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 20:42
I think the server is lost as long as this freak is there. He doesn't let anyone play in peace. It's very sad that the moderators can't get rid of it
tuxayo wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 00:50
Hi, reporting player "Piss_Cakehole" for repeating playerkilling and spawnkill using cheats. Their taunts seem to indicate it's the same person as "1tv".
So 1st post show ubuntu, that indicated there is ufw available

Take the IP-address belong to this guy(s), check it via ipinfo.io and look for the Range the IP belongs in Summary 3rd row.
Then

Code: Select all

sudo ufw insert deny from <IP-range/xx>
, restart ufw and the hole range that guy comes in yet is gone blocked before reach minetest server.
... IP-range/xx looks like '192.168.2.0/24'
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Crabman
GitHub: crabman77
IRC: Crabman
In-game: Crabman

by Crabman » Post

Hi,
I play in the survival server since 3 days, The server is down since ~12hours. Are you doing an update or is it down permanently? 😨

kay27
GitHub: kay27

Re: MineClone 5 on Minetest 5

by kay27 » Post

minetest has been updated to 5.5.1, should be much much more stable now

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

ignorelist.com and kay27.ignorelist.com don't resolve anymore.

kay27
GitHub: kay27

by kay27 » Post

Yep, I can't control it, it was just a random domain hosting from freedns afraid org
Switched to kay27.mooo.com

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

Reporting player Go_Fsck_Yourself for repeated player killing, stealing inventory, using a fly hack.
From speaking a bit, it's the same person as "1tv".

They said they don't care if they get banned because they are "doing well enough on a naked account". IIUC that means an account ban (and thus inventory loss) is not an issue to be able to kill since the fly hack alone is a big advantage.

This single person is doing a lot of harm to the server. Can we have an IP ban? Or having people with moderator rights to ban them quickly. Or some sort of quick in-game report system? Is that ok to use a fly hack to defend ourselves? To get back inventory lost and make them loose armor + weapons which make much more annoying.
Does anyone has other ideas for how to deal with them?

a000h

by a000h » Post

Hi, I've just installed minetest-server on a Debian box, but I'd like to have it run Mineclone 5, and I'm a bit puzzled about how to go about setting it up. Is there a guide online, or can anyone here perhaps give me a few hints about the right way to go about doing it?

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

a000h wrote:
Fri Sep 09, 2022 20:41
Hi, I've just installed minetest-server on a Debian box, but I'd like to have it run Mineclone 5, and I'm a bit puzzled about how to go about setting it up. Is there a guide online, or can anyone here perhaps give me a few hints about the right way to go about doing it?
Simply install Mineclone5 from its git repository into the ~/.minetest/games/ directory of the user that will be running the server, or /usr/share/minetest/games/ for a globally accessible directory, or /usr/local/share/minetest/games if you self-compiled the engine.

cd into the appropriate directory, then install by git cloning and checking out a stable release tag:

git clone https://git.minetest.land/MineClone5/
git tag --list
Choose the most recent tag from the list; I looked at the list and it confused me greatly, since there's about 3 different version conventions... but you can probably figure it out from forum thread info and this shell two-liner I wrote quickly:

for tag in $(git tag --list); do git show --format='%cI %h' $tag; done > tagsinfo
sort -o tagsinfo tagsinfo
/˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳]_[˳˳_˳˳\ Advtrains enthusiast | My map: Noah's Railyard | My Content on ContentDB ✝️♂

a000h

by a000h » Post

That's brilliant, thanks. I'll give it a go.

a000h

by a000h » Post

It worked! We're using the version of MineTest in the Debian repos, so I had to use an earlier version of MineClone for compatibility, and we also had to delete the world file and recreate a new world so that the correct blocks were used. But it's running beautifully now.

a000h

by a000h » Post

Okay, I take that back. Regardless of running MineClone 2 or 5, I'm getting internal server errors. On MineClone 5 it can be stable for many minutes, but can then start failing, and the failures become quicker. Is MineTest 5.3.0 particularly unstable? I am using the branches of MineClone which state that they're compatible with 5.3.0.

That said, I'm using that client for 5.5.1 - will that cause issues?

From MineClone 5:

2022-09-10 19:21:53: ERROR[Main]: ServerError: AsyncErr: ServerThread::run Lua: Runtime error from mod '??' in callback luaentity_Step(): ...mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api/mob_funct
ions/death_logic.lua:102: attempt to call method 'get_children' (a nil value)
2022-09-10 19:21:53: ERROR[Main]: stack traceback:
2022-09-10 19:21:53: ERROR[Main]:       ...mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api/mob_functions/death_logic.lua:102: in function 'death_logic'
2022-09-10 19:21:53: ERROR[Main]:       ...neClone5/mods/ENTITIES/mcl_mobs/api/mob_functions/ai.lua:851: in function 'on_step_old'
2022-09-10 19:21:53: ERROR[Main]:       ...mes/MineClone5/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:24: in function <...mes/MineClone5/mods/ENVIRONMENT/mcl_void_damage/init.lua:
23>

a000h

by a000h » Post

And a final update on this one:

Happy to say that if I build the latest of both the server and game from source, the problem goes away.

Blockhead

by Blockhead » Post

a000h wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 21:11
And a final update on this one:

Happy to say that if I build the latest of both the server and game from source, the problem goes away.
Happy servering! One more hint I would say: if you're going self-compiled (which I also do) you can build a .deb with cpack -G DEB and install that with dpkg- i, rather than use make install which kind of sucks because it doesn't have any of the benefits of package management.

gamer777
In-game: gamer777

by gamer777 » Post

Hi,

I've been playing on this server for a year. It's really cool! But ~ 5 months ago the spawn location changed. I tried to get to the new spawn, but it's too far away. I could create a new account but then I would lose my diamonds etc.... Is there a solution? Maybe the spawn command with /spawn is a solution (https://content.minetest.net/packages/l ... n_command/). (I haven't tested compatibility)

Does anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks for your time and for server hosting!
gamer777

debiankaios
IRC: debiankaios
In-game: debiankaios Nowe

by debiankaios » Post

I think here you have the same problem like all other players on mineclone 5 in general have. The developer has no time until now. You have to wait until he is back.

Tuxilio
In-game: gamer777 tuxilio

by Tuxilio » Post

Hi,

since a half year I always get the message "Timed out". Is the server down?

Thanks,
Tuxilio