MineClone 5 on Minetest 5

kay27
GitHub: kay27

Re: MineClone 2 0.68.0+ on Minetest 5.3.0

by kay27 » Post

@Nicu thanks so much for feedback. Maybe dani_anios just tired there. He surrounded me by dirt blocks being invisible, I couldn't realize what's going on.

I'll check the carts and XP.

Anvils and Enchantements - better to register the issues or at least inform Elias Fleckenstein somehow. I won't ignore but shouldn't disturb...

Mob issues related to latest mob changes by Wuzzy, please ask him there https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClone2/issues/893 or open new issue.

Meanwhile I had banned a hacker 2 days ago - he flied and attacked peaceful players... I know there is dragonfireclient but before this moment I didn't think about banning it...
Last edited by kay27 on Wed Dec 09, 2020 09:24, edited 1 time in total.

Cartmic

by Cartmic » Post

kay27 wrote:
Sun Dec 06, 2020 13:23
Cartmic wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 21:08
Kay27, do you have some screenshots from what original spawn looked like?
just transparent platform in the air with ways in all 4 directions, i've some backup copies like that but really dont like to restore it over existing world so feel free to build what you want, i'll remove protectors if you're ready
That's great thanks. Yeah I was considering filling in the holes near the old spawn but for now I'll finish off my fort first next to the new spawn.
Trailgen A C++ mgv6-like mapgen using the biome api viewtopic.php?f=7&t=26751

goats

by goats » Post

Cartmic wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 14:52
Yeah I was considering filling in the holes near the old spawn
Ha, i spent a lot of time filling endermen and creeper holes anywhere unprotected while waiting around for endermen to spawn, or just if i happened to be in a mob-griefed area. If anyone would like help repairing a particular area, let me know. I haven't been in game much for a bit.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

How it works if I understand correctly: when you or another player in some area - this area is 'loaded' and 'active'. While the area keeps active state - mobs will spawn in it and it will happen around you, netherless you like it or not.

When you leave the area, it immediately 'unloads' and stops to be 'active'. Mobs and even some mods stop from working until some player returns to this area. That's why there shouldn't be any damage by endermen and creepers outside the area where you are.

@goats maybe most holes were made by griefers with TNT

goats

by goats » Post

Eh, damage was nearby to structures (south, southwest of current spawn area if i recall correctly), and a lot of it was probably pretty old, but i know the one area has active players in it. The bulk of the damage was endermen-style. If the other holes were griefers and not creepers, those griefers shouldn't quit their day jobs. :D

Fleckenstein
GitHub: EliasFleckenstein03
IRC: Fleckenstein
In-game: Fleckenstein

by Fleckenstein » Post

Nicu wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 07:36
- with both input slots empty, shift-clicking lapis places it in the right side input, then shift-clicking one or more books doesn't add one in the left side input
- manually placing lapis in the left input is possible
- in Minecraft there's a lapis stone outline in the right side slot, to visually mark the lapis slot
- sometimes there's one enchantment result missing, so far I had either the second or first rows missing
About shift clicking lapis: That is an engine issue. Minetest tries to move the lapis into an already occupied slot.

About placing lapis into the left input: Yes, that is possible in minecraft, too.

About the lapis background: It theoretically exists. But the thing is, I am using the Pixel Perfection textures and in this texture pack it's just transparent. If you want the original Minecraft textures, I've put everything needed into https://github.com/EliasFleckenstein03/mc-textures. (Just copy all the textures starting with mcl_enchanting_ into the textures folder of mcl_enchanting)

About one or more enchantment results missing: That is just like in Minecraft. It's caused by the enchanting table algorithm, and I've implemented it exactly as described here: http://pernsteiner.org/minecraft/enchant/algo.html, so the empty slots just mean i did everything right :)

Thanks to anon5 for sending me the link to this discussion.

Fleckenstein
GitHub: EliasFleckenstein03
IRC: Fleckenstein
In-game: Fleckenstein

by Fleckenstein » Post

Nicu wrote:
On a weird note, dani_aios was invisible when I and addiii were talking, and after addiii left the game he hit me a few times and placed a few blocks around me while invisible. Maybe it's not a coincidence that the minecart ran properly after he became visible. Later he threw a poison potion at me and hit me a few more times, and did some damage to my UFO, even removed one of my flower pots in my house, moved stuff in my chests... just weird. Anyway, I removed his access from all my protectors and now you know about it. Clearly I gave him no reason to do that.
It's pretty obvious that this player uses the EntitySpeed exploit from dragonfireclient (my hackclient). It allows you to bypass movement anticheat when attached to an entity (Minecart, Boat, Horse) and makes you invisible as well. I've made a PR for Minetest to patch this, and it was merged, so just updating the server to the latest development version should fix this. (It includes a patch for an exploit that allows anyone to access the inventory of all online players as well, so i'd really recommend doing it).
Nicu wrote:
Anvil issues:
- books stack when shift-clicking (from inventory to anvil), instead of filling both input slots with one book each
- Protection IV + Protection IV = Protection IV <= the output should be disabled for items that can't be combined
- there's no XP cost for combining enchanted items - intended or not? it costs XP in Minecraft
About the first one: Yes, this is a bug and i'll try to patch it.
About the second one: It's the same as in Minecraft.
About the second one: I've just not implemented it yet.

Nicu
GitHub: kneekoo

by Nicu » Post

@Fleckenstein: I just noticed the updates here. :) Great info on enchanting, thanks a lot for that! But how do you explain the first enchantment missing? I didn't see it on that page. It makes no sense not to have a level-1 enchantment of any kind, but have bigger ones.

@kay27: Will you please do something about dani_aios? He's annoying. (check the logs) Oh, nevermind... he started some huge fires and now the server is so borked, it barely responds for a few seconds, then it crashes. I'm not sure how you're going to fix that, but good luck. :))

Maybe prepare some commands to run as soon as you login, to replace the fire blocks near the new spawn. I managed to put out the lava at my place, although now it looks like an insane mess with all the cobblestone generated in the process. You'll see...

with lava...

post lava...

I have to say this is a pretty good stability and performance test for the server. The logs are worth investigating for anything that can reveal what contributed the most to the server crash. I hope there's helpful data in there, because some optimizations are in order. :)

goats

by goats » Post

It makes no sense not to have a level-1 enchantment of any kind, but have bigger ones.
Are you blocking your bookshelves? Because you should block blookshelves. Experiment with how many to block. Use torches or whatever.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

I don't know what you mean by blocking them, but here's how they look like:

There are two more behind, on each side, so I have 16 bookshelves around the enchanting table.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

@Nicu I've decided to help dani_aios to leave the server by banning him... sorry again and again that probably it was too late... Name tag distance visibility is a setting, we can make it even shorter than it is

goats

by goats » Post

@Nicu: You can block the "effect" of the bookshelf to reveal lower levels of enchantments. It looks like you might be doing that, if carpets also work in mcl2 - assuming those are carpets, and not wool nodes in the floor.

There's actually an optimal bookshelf configuration for doing this, making it easy to block any number of them. You can see it in the Minecraft Wiki. https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Enchant ... _placement

kay27

by kay27 » Post

sorry, i ran object clear because of slow down by more than 1000 active block modifiers, clear is still processing, server will back to life asap
this is what i've written for myself from the profiler - i'll need to check is there some ways to speed up the code:

Code: Select all

mcl_mapgen_core:	on_generated[1]	35.6%
mcl_fire:	ABM 'Ignite fire by lava'	26.8%
mobs_mc:	on_step[35]	5.7%
		ABM 'mobs_mc:bat spawning'	4.1%
		ABM 'mobs_mc:pigman spawning'	3.1%
mcl_weather:	globalstep[6]	13.5%
mcl_inventory:	on_joinplayer[1]	11.3%
mcl_spawn:	on_respawnplayer[1]	9.5%
drippingwater:	ABM 'Create water drops'	9.3%
mcl_core:	ABM 'Vines growth'	6.6%
??		on_step[36]	5.9%
Update: fire ignition by lava is optimized a little.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

@kay27: Please also remove his protectors above my house. I want to clean up that mess as well. Thanks! What are the specs of the server, by the way? And do you get lots of messages like this one? "WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took..."

Also, does the object clear remove tagged mobs?

@goats: Wow! I have no idea the carpets had an effect. I took them off and now I can get enchantments up to 30 points - compared to 22 before. Now that's a pretty accurate work on the table. :)

kay27

by kay27 » Post

@Nicu I removed 2 protectors. Can I do something else for you? Specs are Intel® Xeon® X3220 / 8 GB / SSD 250 GB in PC case. The number of messages in the logs are not too big but sometimes I get something like that:
2020-12-12 08:08:00: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 208ms (processed 381 of 753 active blocks)
2020-12-12 08:08:16: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 201ms (processed 492 of 502 active blocks)
2020-12-12 11:14:08: WARNING[Server]: active block modifiers took 206ms (processed 250 of 251 active blocks)
Yep, I think tagged mobs had removed too :/ I do apologize for that. Hope I'll have some better solution next time.

Nicu

by Nicu » Post

Ooof... then we need a mod capable of removing all the objects, with the exception of those tagged. Otherwise it's pointless having animal farms - like I had all kinds of sheep and mooshrooms.

And about those warnings, I was curious what could be done to stop having them, as I installed a server on my Raspberry Pi 4 and I get a lot of those warnings but I have no idea what I can do to have less or none. Someone recompiled the game to only get warnings when the ABMs take over 300ms, but I don't like that "solution". Minetest obviously doesn't generate so many warnings because it doesn't have mobs, but I wonder if it's the storage speed to blame, because the server only needs about 300 MB RAM, and the CPU is not overloaded.

goats

by goats » Post

That may have been partially my fault, as i improperly remembered the release notes on ~0.46 or somewhere around there. All decorations with objects like sign text and banner colors get fixed after restart, but named mobs do not. I thought they did, and said so when Kay was trying to tame the server lag.

kay27

Re: MineClone 2 0.69.0+ on Minetest 5.3.0

by kay27 » Post

updated to version 0.69
(+ avoid falling damage in water, + some mine cart changes)

kay27

Re: MineClone 2 0.69.0+ on Minetest 5.3.0

by kay27 » Post

will updated to 0.69.1 after next restart scheduled :)
actually restart is always a trouble for me
i need to restart the server every time when i need to install an update
it isn't good for players connected, so i had written the script that checks players presence and wait when they leave and then runs an update... but last time it was the delay about 2 days :) i need better way...

goats

Re: MineClone 2 0.69.1+ on Minetest 5.3.0

by goats » Post

Bah, just announce you are restarting in some minutes. Or, do a restart at a scheduled time every day regardless of updates.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

https://git.minetest.land/Wuzzy/MineClone2/issues/939

Bad news. Please report there if you found some critical problems. Server updated to latest version.

kay27

by kay27 » Post

Server is still updated to latest master branch. Elias Fleckenstein added many improvements and fixes. Good night :)

Cartmic

by Cartmic » Post

Hi Kay27,

Can you remove the protection blocks added by the user 'spawn' on your RG survival server? If you check the logs on 8/01/2021 around 17:10 GMT onwards one of the users who had access to the account forgot the password.

Cartmic

by Cartmic » Post

Scratch that sorry, the password was remembered.

Cartmic

by Cartmic » Post

Just got kicked from the server by someone called REALDANNYGAMING.