hosting a server

Lumine
In-game: a_comandable_unit

hosting a server

by Lumine » Post

I'm trying to run a server but I cannot because of our VPN. Thus I'm asking if anyone wants to host a server for me.

About my server

The server is called Raids on Heaven and is about raiding factions (just like Frost Factions) only it has a few twists.
The game goes more around one faction run by the admin (me). It is the only faction that has mobs as members. The idea is that the base is a giant, regenerating pyramid.
In FF (frost factions) the players have a shop. The items that cannot be crafted are found in such a shop. I'm putting those in chests in the center of the pyramid, as a reward for raiding the pyramid and coming out alive.

Heaven

The faction I run will be called heaven, and will be raided for loot. I'm currently working on the code but I would like to play test as I go. I have a few types of mobs in mind, and coded, and am working on models, animation, textures, etc...
Soldiers : Holy minecraft zombies (but have +1 HP and +0.1 HP regen per Soldier around it).
Archers : Holy minecraft skeletons
ArchAngels : Holy flying beings that are both soldiers and archers. They fly out of range and pelt the players with arrows before swooping down to eliminate the players.
Sentries : Soldiers who know the structure of the pyramid.
Clerics : Holy beings who heal the ones around them (so... basically +1 HP regen per sec)
Paladins : Strong beings that have shields. They use them to block incoming attacks.

Images

Currently I don't have anything because I first want to finish my work on the sentries. The pyramid will be AI generated (bc I'm lazy, and bc I need it to occasionally shift). However I can show you some W.I.P. work on the code if interested (it is not at all neat.)

Mineminer

Re: hosting a server

by Mineminer » Post

Then rent a VPS, if you don't got funds, looking to save and/or what not there are few options to "go pass go" and score some free credits. Digital Ocean, Vultr and Linode (only one gives you free credits off the bat just by sharing your credit card information). With some luck you may score yourself 3 months or more of continuous operations for a 2GB RAM VPS.

Lumine
In-game: a_comandable_unit

Re: hosting a server

by Lumine » Post

Mineminer wrote:
Sat Jul 11, 2020 22:42
Then rent a VPS, if you don't got funds, looking to save and/or what not there are few options to "go pass go" and score some free credits. Digital Ocean, Vultr and Linode (only one gives you free credits off the bat just by sharing your credit card information). With some luck you may score yourself 3 months or more of continuous operations for a 2GB RAM VPS.
ok then... I'll try that