Headless Minetest server on QNAP NAS :: Newbie

sjaglin

Headless Minetest server on QNAP NAS :: Newbie

by sjaglin » Post

Hi,

Although I have played minetest for a bit, I recently got interested in running a server for my household on my NAS (QNAP).

I have installed the server package on the QNAP community and it runs very well on our LAN.

We got quickly tired of the minimal game so we are trying a few games (realtest_mt5 // Wuzzy, voxelgarden, mineclone2 etc...) and love the hand painted texture as well as the High Def by VanessaE ( HDX64).

There are some areas that I find hard to understand on the headless setup, so trial and error is the way forward at the moment.

I was wondering how reset the world in /worlds/world/ in order to come back to a blank slate between each trial, as soon as I try new settings/mods/texture the world directory becomes full of files and folders related to what the current game has created.

Any advice would be welcome, I have read through the wiki in the server section and I can't see the answer to my issue so far,

in the meantime well done to the community here, you have created an amazing game and maintained it for a long while now, respect!

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: Headless Minetest server on QNAP NAS :: Newbie

by Festus1965 » Post

sjaglin wrote:
Tue Jul 14, 2020 17:23
I was wondering how reset the world in /worlds/world/ in order to come back to a blank slate between each trial,
... just delete full folder files to get all blank ... or just the map.sqlite to get empty world.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

twoelk
GitHub: twoelk
IRC: twoelk
In-game: twoelk

by twoelk » Post

or just type a new world name if you want to compare different settings.
For each worldname you get a new worldfolder

sjaglin

by sjaglin » Post

Hi,

Thanks, very useful, I will try that today,

Much appreciated,

S

sjaglin

by sjaglin » Post

Hi,

Thanks GayJesus, again a very useful and quick reply, I ll try that tonight. Actually on the QNAP I might dedicate a container in order to test in a separate safe environement,

Cheers

Stef