[Server] MisterE's SurvivalX Server

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

[Server] MisterE's SurvivalX Server

by MisterE » Post

A really new server based on a really old [and wonderful] server, which is, unfortunately, no longer with us.

This uses (almost all) the code from SaKeL's SurvivalX server, and expands and builds upon it, while maintaining the fun.

It has a Balrog arena*, a pvp arena with a lootchest, lower crossroads (auto spawned roads), simple_machines (for automation and teleportation), lots of mobs, both from mobs_redo and mobkit (water_life), cave realms, and more!

* The Balrog arena might not be working properly: if it isnt, there are balrogs below -10 000. Making sure the arena works is a priority.

Come check us out, you'll like it (and if you don't, leave a suggestion in the mailbox, or make an issue on github:

https://github.com/MisterE123/MisterE-s ... alX-server

This is a family-friendly server; as in, no offensive language, etc. All the normal server rules apply here too.

Note: I am in the process of refining the modset. Please help with this by suggestion mods that you think would make it more fun, and by helping to determine what tweaks should be made to the existing modset to make the gameplay better. Please understand that is is WIP, and changes will occur.

MisterE

Re: [Server] MisterE's SurvivalX Server

by MisterE » Post

There was a problem with generators not working; that is fixed now.

However, there is still a problem with distributors overheating. If anyone can fix that, it would be much appreciated.

I need to lower the likelihood of machines overheating.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Updates:
The bugs in basic_machines have been fixed so they are usable... the generator does work now.

The broken teleports from spawn to the PVP arena and to the Balrog arena are fixed now.
The Balrog used to spawn only if the admin was in the arena... that is fixed now.

If you want to fight Balrog, go to the arena when you get the chat message that he will spawn in two minutes. If there is any player in the arena, he will spawn.
Dont die! If you die, and there are no other players in the arena, Balrog will de-spawn, and you will lose your opportunity to grab a lot of loot!

Also, the spleef arena is now open! Grab a friend and come play fire-spleef! bunch the nodes, and they will either start to disappear or they will spawn fire above them. Try to get the other player to fall off first! This is a no-die game... if you lose, you can just go back to spawn.

A heads up: this server does have the mescons stickyblock enabled for players to craft. This will allow contraptions to be built like mesecons ferries and other large movable assemblies.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

I know that some of the players here have been experiencing low levels of ore as they mined, because I messed with the ore generation code. I have reset it, and re-emerged blocks under -64, so you should be able to get ore again

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

You can now play connect 4 with other players:

its at spawn. Other subgames include a labyrinth and a parkour. You can also go shopping at Node*Mart

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

It seems that there was not a lot of interest in this server.

Thats ok... It was my first attempt at server hosting, and it was very rough at the edges.

It has been taken down for now. If anyone really wants to play on it still, I could put it back up. However, I would like to try hosing other server games and see if I can get a better game together.

At the moment the server is a testing server for MeseCraft. Mesecraft really is too large for a raspberry pi though.