[Server 5.3.0] [minigames] A.E.S.

Zughy
GitHub: belongs_to_microsoft
In-game: Zughy

[Server 5.3.0] [minigames] A.E.S.

by Zughy » Post

So... hey there! After 9 months, we apparently did it. The server is in beta and we hope to improve it more and more with the passing of time. Without further ado...

A.E.S.

In short
Minigames servers are the most played servers on Minecraft: they act as a hub featuring many different contents, so that players can choose what they like the most while at the same time having the possibility to try something new (and to increase the probability to find someone online). Well, we aimed for the same thing

Minigames Guide
You don't understand something? We have an in-game guide for that! Geolocalised in English and Italian

Change outfit
Tired of the same skin? Well, you can change it in no time through the Wardrobe!

Want to chit chat? Mumble!
If you want to talk with us or just play with your friends, we have a Mumble server. Mumble is like Team Speak but it's free software.

IP: 185.242.180.132

Our mods
Half of the mods on the server are made by us. This is our group repo!

Who's behind the server
+Staff
I'm the founder of an Italian volunteering group called Etica Digitale (digital ethics, eticadigitale.org), where our goal is to divulge contents about free software, privacy, humans before machines and such. A.E.S. is one of our two core projects (the other one is a journey towards privacy), so if you want to help us with what we do this is our LiberaPay
Donate

Also, if we want to support us individually (the former is solely used for the group, we don't eat with those), these are our profiles
Zughy
_Zaizen_
Attachments
skins.png
(166.16 KiB) Not downloaded yet
guide.png
(149.32 KiB) Not downloaded yet
Last edited by Zughy on Sun Nov 08, 2020 00:54, edited 1 time in total.

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf or LoneWolfHT
In-game: Lone_Wolf

Re: [Server 5.3.0] [minigames] A.E.S.

by Lone_Wolf » Post

This looks neat. Will have to try it out when I get the time!

Dragonop
GitHub: Dragonop
IRC: Dragonop
In-game: Dragonop

by Dragonop » Post

Very fun! Quick matches and simple yet compelling gameplay, can't wait to see this develop further!
I'll check up the lib and see if I can contribute anything :P

MisterE
GitHub: MisterE123
IRC: MisterE
In-game: MisterE

by MisterE » Post

With mesecons digilines and LED marquee mods you could install my connect 4 subgame somewhere. Maybe an arcade island?

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Thank you all!
MisterE wrote:
Fri Nov 06, 2020 16:24
With mesecons digilines and LED marquee mods you could install my connect 4 subgame somewhere. Maybe an arcade island?
That's a nice idea but it'd make the server a lot heavier (I've actually never tried mesecons, but it looks huge), so we'd rather not do that. Also because it's not a server that big

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

well, you might reconsider mesecons. Mesecons can be very helpful with creating in-game logic. It has things like luablocks (more_mesecons) which can run code in the global environment with a pos variable passed relating to the block's position, it can power in-game informational screens which the user can interact with (digilines mods) it can have disappearing blocks, opening doors, and a lot more useful stuff.

When used lightly, (not tons of switching nodes or turning on lights going on all at once) it doesnt seem to add much to lag. I have it running on a raspberry pi 4 2 gb ram server, along with tons of other mods. Not too much lag. A little, yes, but like I said, I have lots of other mods.

MisterE

by MisterE » Post

Comon, Peoples! Play this game! No Players!?!

@Zughy Though there isn't anything to do if you are the only player on. So people join, but there is no one else to play, so they leave. Vicious cycle. I would suggest adding at least 3 singleplayer subgames or AI s that make it possible to play the subgames by yourself... thats hard though.

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #1

Block League
  • 4 hotbar slots instead of 8: no more empty slots!
  • New scoreboard HUD (see the screen down below)
  • Every match has now a duration (10 minutes, shown in the scoreboard), to avoid never-ending games
Murder
  • Map "Mansion" has now more ways to escape
And several crash/bugfixes

MisterE wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 02:59
well, you might reconsider mesecons. Mesecons can be very helpful with creating in-game logic
Yes, I used to play Minecraft with its redstone and I saw the CTF challenge done with mesecons. In these days the staff and I are SO busy with fixing things I can't spend extra time trying mesecons and evaluate it. We'll take it in consideration for the future, but it's not the top priority
MisterE wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 03:36
Though there isn't anything to do if you are the only player on
Yes, this is a problem indeed, especially because if we are on the server, we can't write code at the same time. AI though is not the way to go, it'll take us a lot of time and it'll probably never be as good as a player. A thing like a parkour could suffice, but we need to create a reward first. We're planning to add an unlockable parkour skin, but first we must remove the support to MC 1.8+ skins that we have on Skins Collectible, as no other mod features them (denying us to use things like headanim or 3D armor)

------------

Also, we reached 8 connected players yesterday (all in Block League) and that's been hella fun. Thank ya all!
Attachments
interfaccia.png
(184 KiB) Not downloaded yet

Lone_Wolf
GitHub: LoneWolfHT
IRC: Lone_Wolf or LoneWolfHT
In-game: Lone_Wolf

by Lone_Wolf » Post

but first we must remove the support to MC 1.8+ skins that we have on Skins Collectible, as no other mod features them (denying us to use things like headanim or 3D armor)
Skinsdb should support headanim/3d armor just fine

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Sun Nov 08, 2020 16:22
but first we must remove the support to MC 1.8+ skins that we have on Skins Collectible, as no other mod features them (denying us to use things like headanim or 3D armor)
Skinsdb should support headanim/3d armor just fine
Yes, but AFAIK it doesn't allow to unlock skin, and aside of that, Skins Collectible has a better UI. Btw problem solved, support removed and headanim added!

GayJesus

by GayJesus » Post

Another player told me to clikc a sign to join games but that only teleported me infront of the sign. Tried to change skin but ran into same icon of a hat? Plus having to guess a word to join makes what should be simple hard. Quit without playing a game.

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

Signs don't teleport people, except if the queue ends, being teleported inside an arena. Probably you had the compass in your hand, which is the tool for teleporting around the lobby.
About the skin, there is no hat icon, I guess you meant the blue tee?
And yes, that's a bot/laziness filter: if people can't answer that question, I honestly don't really want them to play on the server because either 1) we have no way to communicate (they don't speak English) or 2) they are the kind of people not reading anything bothering staff to death

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #2

🎲 General
  • Rotating heads!
  • Changed the 4 basic skins and 2 more were added, in order to avoid that the old red and blue ones could be confused on Block League
🔫 Block League
  • Added a waiting room for when players die, instead of the jitterish and annoying teleport there was before
  • Ball possession and kills have now a personal HUD each
  • HUD telling players how seconds are left till respawn
  • HUD showing a keyboard with the various settings, shown during the loading phase of every game
  • HUD telling players when the next round will start (paired with the already existent voiceover)
  • Loading weapons now slow players down
  • Added weapon reloading sounds
  • Waiting time in the loading phase: 3 -> 6
  • 2H Sword range: 5 -> 6
🌤 Skywars
  • Added new map: Sundae
  • Players drop their items when killed
  • Games now last 10 minutes top
  • Initial kits more abundant 🐳
And several crash/bugfixes

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #3

🏝 Lobby
- Tower of the Gods added: reach the top and unlock the Faith Connor skin (Mirror's Edge)

🔫 Block League
- New map: Hyperium
- when reloading, the bullets HUD becomes red

Zughy

by Zughy » Post

WHAT'S NEW #4

🎲 General
- A lot of mods are now geolocalised in Spanish (thanks to a native speaker)
- Rare skins have now a custom background

🔪 Murder
- New map: Desert

If you have any feedback and/or suggestions, feel free to share it :)