Minix
In-game: Minix

Hardcore anarchy server FreedomTest

by Minix » Post

Hardcore anarchy server FreedomTest

address: freedomtest.ddns.net
port: 30000
https://freedomtest.ddns.net

FreedomTest is a Minetest 5.4.0 survival anarchy server based on Minetest Game with quite some mods and no CSM restrictions.
The main goal of the server is to provide a pure anarchy experience
enhanced with mods but still be playable even on low-end devices. The server has been
online for more than a year already, if there are problems
you can report them at freedomtest@protonmail.com or on this forum.

What to expect

This server has no rules and there is no protection, not even locked chests, you are on your own. Also, there is no set goal in this server, you are given freedom to define it for yourself, you could either explore the world and visit other people's buildings, make your own base or destroy someone else's, or maybe none of those, you choose.

Be warned because there is no moderation of any kind

Guides for technic, pipeworks and mesecons

http://technic.kosyak.info/
https://gitlab.com/VanessaE/pipeworks/-/wikis/home
https://mesecons.net/items.html

Spawn as of february 25th 2021
Spoiler
List of mods

Server hardware specifications:

I think this server is now worthy of sharing its specifications
CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E7200 2.53 GHz (Stock cooler with one broken clamp)
RAM: 2 GB DDR2-533 x2 (only 3.3 GB usable)
Storage: 320 GB Western Digital hard drive
Last edited by Minix on Wed Dec 29, 2021 00:43, edited 16 times in total.

Casimir
GitHub: CasimirKaPazi

Re: Hardcore anarchy server FreedomTest

by Casimir » Post

Minix wrote:
Sat Nov 21, 2020 22:57
there is no protection, not even locked chests, you are on your own.
Sounds interesting. But I time out.

Minix

by Minix » Post

Yes sorry for that, shortly after announcing the server there was a blackout where the server is, it is working now
Last edited by Minix on Mon Jun 14, 2021 14:59, edited 1 time in total.

Minix

by Minix » Post

UPDATE: I will be upgrading the ISP to a better one, so the server will be down from november 27 22:00 UTC for ~24 hours. After that new players will be able to join faster and you will have a little bit less lag.

Minix

by Minix » Post

The server is now back, with 2x upload speed !
I am actually a bit disappointed, I thought it would be more, but it runs better now, and latency decreased a lot, so have fun !
Last edited by Minix on Mon Jun 14, 2021 15:00, edited 1 time in total.

Minix

by Minix » Post

New update, I added ~1466 skins for use with the wardrobe mod to change skins, I am still polishing it, but most of the skins work and you have plenty to choose. For this task I made a bash script which I will share in the wardrobe mod's post when it is completely finished.

On other news, spawn got a bit griefed by a forest fire.
Last edited by Minix on Mon Jun 14, 2021 15:01, edited 1 time in total.

Minix

by Minix » Post

Hey guys Merry Christmas !
I have a gift for you, and it is a special event, a treasure hunt !
I placed a chest somewhere in the world, so you have to go get it, every two days from the 15th to the 24th of december I will publish in the server a range of coordinates where the chest could be, the range will shrink on every update and on the 24th I will publish the coordinates of the chest.
What are you waiting for ?

Minix

by Minix » Post

UPDATE: today I was optimizing the mods and decided to remove mobs_fish, this is part of mobs_water and includes about three types of fish that spawn on water bodies. The reason I removed it is because it's too large, and adds too little, if someone had an aquarium or for some reason misses these mobs I could add them again. With this optimization the mod download went down to 56 MB, it was 68 MB before.

Also, I already have a board to upgrade the server, but I have to refurbish this thing first and do quite some testing before using it.

Miniontoby
GitHub: Miniontoby
IRC: Miniontoby
In-game: Miniontoby

by Miniontoby » Post

Wana get some help with an website?

Check mine to get an idea: https://minetest.grape.ircnow.org
Working on mtctl ---- Check my mod "Doorbell" -- Stay safe

Minix

by Minix » Post

That would be a good idea

Minix

by Minix » Post

The server is back up ! I added the mods hangglider, bonemeal, backpacks and hazmat_suit. technic was replaced with technic_plus which is a version of technic optimized for servers. I made an image of the temporary world with minetestmapper https://imgur.com/a/mk7BrEx

That world used mapgen v7 and ethereal NG as well as the other mods that the main world has, the seed for the temporary world is 13146579217449682756. The database file for that world is 326 MiB.

Minix

by Minix » Post

The original world was restored on April 30th, just in time. Again, I made an image of the temporary world: https://imgur.com/a/dPtcaOB

The size of that world ended being 800 MB. And I am going to make sure it does not come back, at least not because of an emergency. Now I have a backup server ready in case something happens with the main one.

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Is it intentional that we can see nametags of other players from so far away? May not be the best idea if somebody may want to kill you or worse, I don't know. There is also a mod that makes it so your character's head moves up and down so you can see where a person may be looking. May be helpful. There is also a "Touch" mod that lets you feel your way around in the dark. You don't have to take these suggestions, of course. Just putting it out there as some potential options to mess with, if you wanted. I also personally enjoy the "Real Torch" mod with a few alterations, but I can understand why such a mod may not be the most convenient of things. Just sharing, haha.

Minix

by Minix » Post

Grubler wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 03:32
Is it intentional that we can see nametags of other players from so far away? May not be the best idea if somebody may want to kill you or worse, I don't know. There is also a mod that makes it so your character's head moves up and down so you can see where a person may be looking. May be helpful. There is also a "Touch" mod that lets you feel your way around in the dark. You don't have to take these suggestions, of course. Just putting it out there as some potential options to mess with, if you wanted. I also personally enjoy the "Real Torch" mod with a few alterations, but I can understand why such a mod may not be the most convenient of things. Just sharing, haha.
Hello, thank you for the mod suggestions, I will test them during Christmas holidays when I get some spare time. The player_transfer_distance setting is set to 20 mapblocks, that is 320 nodes, not exactly small but not large, you can still be 200 nodes underground and most people on the surface will not see you.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Seems some people like to do the lava stone layer cover the world in cobble sort of thing. I take it as a big donation of stones. Won't run out in a while. I was trying to build something of a little fort/castle on top of one of the cobble hills. Felt like maybe something like that may be helpful with all the dangers out there. Saw a few dragons going around...

I am also very fond of the Smoke mod, since it makes you have to make things like chimneys for the smoke to get out of a house from a furnace, but if the chance to dissipate isn't high enough then you may get smoke stuck in the sky since it gets too far away for it to continue to do its thing. And it may make problems with other mods you may have and trying to use mods that may need some fiddling may be too much work, perhaps. All that lava and all that.

I may be able to share what I have so far in the way of some grass growing and trampling stuff, if that may be something you may want to test out in some separate world just to see how it may feel. These things may cause lag, I am told, since they may make many things change at once, especially if there are multiple players in multiple areas trying to calculate all these blocks changing.

Minix

by Minix » Post

Grubler wrote:
Thu Nov 11, 2021 04:22
I may be able to share what I have so far in the way of some grass growing and trampling stuff, if that may be something you may want to test out in some separate world just to see how it may feel. These things may cause lag, I am told, since they may make many things change at once, especially if there are multiple players in multiple areas trying to calculate all these blocks changing.
The Smoke mod would in fact cause a lot of trouble considering how much lava spillage and fires there are around the world.
I could try out your mod, uploading it to a repository like GitHub/GitLab would be the best, however sending the files to my email is enough.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

It is possible to make the smoke come out less often and disappear faster, so that may reduce the potential of lag if you wanted to try it out a little. The sounds of the puddles on your server are a bit too much currently. Not sure you intended it to be like you are standing around and you hear puddle noises splashing all the time, or walking around and you hear splash-splash-splash-splash....splash... and you didn't even do anything.

Minix

by Minix » Post

Grubler wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 03:44
It is possible to make the smoke come out less often and disappear faster, so that may reduce the potential of lag if you wanted to try it out a little. The sounds of the puddles on your server are a bit too much currently. Not sure you intended it to be like you are standing around and you hear puddle noises splashing all the time, or walking around and you hear splash-splash-splash-splash....splash... and you didn't even do anything.
Yes, the splash sound behavior is an issue from the regional_weather modpack, I will get to that in holidays.

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

i like your idea but the server is full of lag and phone clients are unnable to connect .. so cheater cannot play .. so is not so "anarchi" in any case!

it seems that only the subs.nasa-g0v (the second with "subs") is the most harder and anarchy one.. the first one "subs.nasa-g0v" is mosre like your server.. more soft..

beacouse? well i cant play with your server.. is 5.X forced version and there's so much lag..

but you give me an idea.. i will remove all the metro stations protection and include this weeking the VenenuX NSSM the most hard to play mod of mobs

Minix

by Minix » Post

mcaygerhard wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 19:10
i like your idea but the server is full of lag and phone clients are unnable to connect .. so cheater cannot play .. so is not so "anarchi" in any case!
Could you explain why phone clients cannot connect? what client are you using?

All Minetest 5.X compatible clients can connect to my server, even modified ones as long as they stick to the network protocol and support the mod API properly. However if you are using MultiCraft then that is hit or miss, I do not officially support it because not all mods work correctly.

mcaygerhard
GitHub: mckaygerhard
IRC: mckaygerhard
In-game: mckaygerhard

by mcaygerhard » Post

All Minetest 5.X compatible clients ... MultiCraft then that is hit or miss, I do not officially support it ...
so no all people can use it.. not real anarchi one.. in anarchi one.. any client can get in .. including cheaters.. i got a new idea.. maybe i must load a very oder multicraft to property support all kind of clients and protocols

i have a cheater that always got in.. japanese one.. i let in when i not working on the server.. i suggest to you do the same for real anarchi

Minix

by Minix » Post

End of year update: mods were updated to their latest versions and many bugs fixed in the process. Also the server will be running on a VPS until January 24 2022 so there will be very little lag, enjoy and happy new year everyone!

Minix

by Minix » Post

New mods have been added to the server, in no particular order they are: nether, death_messages, touch and headanim. There was also a tweak to the floatlands generation noise parameters to make the floating islands smaller but tighter and closer together. Many thanks to Grubler for the mod suggestions. The full announcement can be found on the website of the server; source code repositories are found on the credits section.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

no need to thank me. Touch needs to have the brightness of the blocks raised higher so it doesn't show as black. You can also do the crouch thing by changing a number in the visual sneak script. The way I did it is to set "eye_height" to 0.75. For Touch, I think I may have set "glow_strength" to 5. His pull cart mod is also really dark in darkness but that isnt related to what we are doing here. Just wanted to mention it. Not sure how to make "forks". I also think having a sprint script in there may be helpful. Especially for people who can't fly.

I just learned that people with cheating clients can break things instantly and fly through walls. It seemed to me that me being a person without such abilities, I may not have much purpose to be on that sort of server where those sort of abilities are possible and may even be common. I was trying to make a building that would be sort of resistant to being destroyed, but if people can just break things so easily and stuff then I don't think what I was thinking may be a thing, so I guess I may not see a reason to play on there at the moment. Sorry. Not sure what to say. Alrighty then.

Dusken
In-game: Dusken

by Dusken » Post

Grubler, that's the one downside of anarchy servers - cheat clients are allowed. To be honest, most players I have met in the last month seem to be good folk. And without the client I use here, I would never have the patience to attempt to de-grief areas as much as I am doing now.

I have 2 bases, both hidden and not too close to spawn. If they are found and broken, that's part of the server atmosphere.