[Server 5.6] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether, Draconis and more! [2022][BR]

How much you liked this server?

Poll ended at Thu Mar 11, 2021 13:15

Wow! Much server! Such blocky
22%
It was good overall, but could be better
67%
Meh
No votes
This was not very good
No votes
Worst server ever
11%

Total votes: 9

ronoaldo
GitHub: ronoaldo
IRC: ronoaldo
In-game: RonoaldoKakashi

Re: [Server 5.4.1] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether and Draconis [2021][BR]

by ronoaldo » Post

Servers: Mercurio | Tools: ContentDB CLI | Mods: minenews

chef trip
GitHub: teklife
In-game: yuh

Re: [Server 5.4.1] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether and Draconis [2021][BR]

by chef trip » Post

Hi ronoaldo, terrainbrot is something Hume2 created and his(?) server also includes underch mod which is also his, 62 underground biomes supposedly, so, i think massive caves are a big part of it.

check out the server tunneler's abyss which uses that mapgen and also talk to him, he's very friendly, helpful and active in these forums, but also very easy to talk to in Tunneler's Abyss, and he can maybe show u some stuff u have questions about.

here's what terrainbrot looks like in TA, you see that it generates oceans and islands and continents, rather than the usual mostly land with lakes, where, if you start sailing, you soon run out of space and hit land again. on terrainbrot, you can sail for days (game days) and when you 'discover' some new land, it's a pretty exciting feeling. and then the mountains are just massive. you'll get a little taste of those big mountains just at the spawn at TA, but there are much bigger and taller ones generated on other continents.

thanks for adding the requested mods! legal!
Wanting to be someone else is a waste of who you are. – Kurt Cobain

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Oh I loved the idea. I think it is going to fill the outer regions not yet generated with these making exploration quite nice 🙂

Also, having lots of cave biomes got me, I'm sold 😝

0siribix
GitHub: 0siribix
In-game: 0siribix

by 0siribix » Post

I recommend to back up your current world before applying a new mapgen. You'll see a clear difference between already loaded and newly loaded areas. I can almost guarantee that it won't be pretty 🤷

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Correct... It may not work as I was expecting :-/

This is the current "generated" areas (if I'm not mistaken):

Open map

It would be nice to restrict the x,z range for the new mapgen, not sure if possible. I'll check it out.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211015_133321.png
Screenshot_20211015_133321.png (120.97 KiB) Viewed 2558 times

0siribix

by 0siribix » Post

It should be possible when using Dimensions mod by AITechEye. It should be possible to use that LUA based mapgen for a specific dimension. You could, for example, make a dimension for Y=1000 and up

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Ohhh that sounds interesting then so it would be a mapgen for a specific dimension. That adds a lot of depth for the game then. Loved it!

chef trip

by chef trip » Post

ronoaldo wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 16:35

This is the current "generated" areas (if I'm not mistaken):

Open map

WOW that's quite a lot of exploration already!

Try to talk to Hume2, he might be able to problem solve what u want to do. he's been running a big MT server for quite a while and he's very helpful from my experience.

chef trip

by chef trip » Post

0siribix wrote:
Fri Oct 15, 2021 17:39
It should be possible when using Dimensions mod by AITechEye. It should be possible to use that LUA based mapgen for a specific dimension. You could, for example, make a dimension for Y=1000 and up
this is indeed a solution. several servers do this already, like enyekala, which uses it's own HUD coords vs the f5 coords because several different maps exist on different planes, as there is so much headroom in MT engine worlds.

TA also have what they call mini servers, which are curated biomes meant to give an australian outback vibe, so, you could, i suppose, have dimensions with big expansive seas for long distance exploring on the oceans, and other dimensions for other themes, realms, or whatever, like giant mountains.

Not sure which mod they use for that but dimensions mod seems to be one option.

Swiss
In-game: Swiss

by Swiss » Post

Are there Dragons nests? How to find Dragons in general?

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Dragons spawn in nests as well as in the nature. You can go for cold / hot biomes and there is a chance (small one) a Dragon will spawn there.

There is also some deep underground caves that can have dragons, but I never found one this way

0siribix

by 0siribix » Post

They seemed fairly common to me. I was in a desert cobble area and 2 dragons spawned at the same time. before I killed the second, a 3rd spawned. I saw several dragons in Nether but TBH, I don't remember if that was here or another server 🤔

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

You are right. We actually have 3 types of Dragons here:

Dragons from dmobs: these are fairly easy to defeat with some armour and weapons. They can be tamed if you hatch the eggs with gems. They are common, and spawn at several places.

Nether Dragon, which you can defeat deep underground, in nether, and provide you with powerful armor from the purple dragon scales. They are harder to defeat too.

Draconis, which are the ones I described. They are meant to be end game dragons as they provide the ultimate armor and weapons from Draconic Steel

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Trying to work around the nether unknown nodes bug but It's not actually working... https://github.com/ronoaldo/mercurio/co ... f9f8c43a0d

The LBM don't seem to trigger on my first tests locally. I could see some logs at first try, but then it still was not working (i.e., nether:native_mapgen was not really replaced by stone) and now it don't even trigger anymore but nodes are still there when I join with client.

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

chef trip wrote:
Wed Sep 29, 2021 06:15
great, i will join this server as it seems very cool and i love the real time map! awesome.

i have a small list of mods request if not already included. hang glider, sailboat, climbing rope and rope with hook, as i love to climb big mountains and then hang glide from them.

not sure the mapgen, but tunneler's abyss have their own sweet ass mapgen called terrainbrot which creates oceans and huge tall mountains, bigger than any included mapgen from the MT engine. carpathian is the only default mapgen which is capable of making oceans, but still not like terrainbrot. terrainbrot is free software.
Mods added - It's live on public beta server!!! Mercuri Test should show up on server list.

https://github.com/ronoaldo/mercurio/issues/20

ronoaldo

Re: [Server 5.5] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether and Draconis and more! [2022][BR]

by ronoaldo » Post

Sharing some player builds, by saulosilva
Attachments
print_da_cidade.png
print_da_cidade.png (350.15 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
barco_voador.png
barco_voador.png (135.68 KiB) Viewed 1821 times
a_aaaaaaa.png
a_aaaaaaa.png (194.12 KiB) Viewed 1821 times

ronoaldo

Re: [Server 5.5] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether and Draconis and more! [2022][BR]

by ronoaldo » Post

Server Update March 13, 2022

Server was updated this week to add two new mods! New vehicles to drive around and 11 new elements, ores and equipments. Special thanks to player bramos, farribeiro and joseanastacio who suggeted the mods and helped with testing!

New vhicles
Added APercy's automobiles modpack, adding three new cars for us to drive: coupe, buggy and roadster.

Extra ores!
Added Xtraores (by David), adding 11 new minerals, swords, tools and armor. More rare minerals are only obtainable bellow the layer -11000, so get your pickaxle ready!

Server Update March 07, 2022

Sever was updated this week with small fixes for the February update, and with the notable addition of three new mods: Tubelib, Techpack and Drawers.

New modpack Techpack
This mod adds several items to the game, allowing for unmatched automation! Level up your farming!

New mod Drawers
This mod adds a great ammount of new storage items. I mean, several new storage items. Upgrade your wharehouses!

Server Update February 12, 2022

Server was updated with several mods to their new versions.

New version of APercy planes
Mods now use airutils in common, including for repairs and base flight logic.

New version of Draconis mod
The Draconis mod has been updated to version 1.2. One of the main news is that in this new version the furnace can actually be heated and used to produce the improved ore, tool and armor! We also have new features in the behavior of wild dragons and a new interface for managing the tamed dragon.

ronoaldo

Re: [Server 5.5] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether, Draconis and more! [2022][BR]

by ronoaldo » Post

Server is now running on ARM 64 machine at Oracle Cloud free tier. New connection details:

Server is: mars.ronoaldo.dev.br
Port: 30000
Discord: https://r.ronoaldo.net/mercurio
Github: https://github.com/ronoaldo/mercurio

Server List should be updated and you may need to search for Mercurio and connect / add as favorite again.

Main post updated to reflect these changes.

0siribix

Re: [Server 5.6] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether, Draconis and more! [2022][BR]

by 0siribix » Post

Did you see the the Draconis update?

ronoaldo

Re: [Server 5.6] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether, Draconis and more! [2022][BR]

by ronoaldo » Post

Yes, I saw! Thanks! I am testing the upgrade on beta to make sure the upgrade keeps working (hopefully) and no dragons are hurt in the upgrade process \o/

pupper1337

Re: [Server 5.5] Mercurio - Minetest Game survival with Ethereal, Nether, Draconis and more! [2022][BR]

by pupper1337 » Post

ronoaldo wrote:
Sat Aug 13, 2022 15:34
Server is now running on ARM 64 machine at Oracle Cloud free tier. New connection details:

Server is: mars.ronoaldo.dev.br
Port: 30000
Discord: https://r.ronoaldo.net/mercurio
Github: https://github.com/ronoaldo/mercurio

Server List should be updated and you may need to search for Mercurio and connect / add as favorite again.

Main post updated to reflect these changes.
Hello ronoaldo! I saw that you're running your minetest server at Oracle Cloud free tier!!

I'm so excited because I've been trying to do the same thing, and I've been really struggling! I want to run Minetest 5.6.0 with Mineclone2 0.82.0, but my server keeps crashing when I play with friends :(

Could you take a look at my post here, and give me some advice? :)
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=16407&p=420947#p420947

ronoaldo

by ronoaldo » Post

Hi pupper1337! I had issues at first because of some issues with the ARM version. I ended up updating my Docker images to work well on ARM. Basically, I had to upgrade Lua JIT to a newer version from Git which was the root of my issues. With this image, you don't need to compile Minetest yourself.

I am expecting you are familiar with Linux shell commands, so this example folder on my repository could be a helpful way to get started:

https://github.com/ronoaldo/minetestser ... ain/sample

First, try to run a regular/basic server, then try to add the Mineclone game folder to be visible to Docker. Post any issues here so I may be able to help.