auth.sqlite and /auth_reload

wrraarr

auth.sqlite and /auth_reload

by wrraarr » Post

Hi all,
I'm running a server for a week long online camp and I would like to grant all the students ability to fly and then add some other privs as we stress test the server. I have read through several discussions about needing to modify auth.txt after changing default_privs in the configuration file. Unfortunately I launched this server with auth.sqlite and do not know how to modify it and do not see any discussion on how to do so. I have about 85 users and I don't want to go through each using /grant <player> fly. Is there a batch procedure to achieve this?
Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated!

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

Re: auth.sqlite and /auth_reload

by Festus1965 » Post

I guess the 85 times
/grant gamer fly noclip fast
is faster then wait for a help here,
but a sql could do it.
OR, you change the default settings, delete the auth, and let everyone login (first) time again, same name - should get there same builds, positions ,,, but the full privs

fly noclip and fly
as when you use also key auto-forward,
and let the gamer fly straight north from south pol, every gamer on own lane, about 200 nodes distance
they can let it go without interact,
and I am sure this mapgen from 80 people will be the hell for mapgen, maybe crash server

if later you do the same lines again after they are generated, the lag depends then only of reloading (mean need fast M.2 SSD) ...

have fun

more then 3 of this flying explorers are already quit a problem even on my fast hardware.
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 04:18
and I am sure this mapgen from 80 people will be the hell for mapgen, maybe crash server
more then 3 of this flying explorers are already quit a problem even on my fast hardware.
Even if you up the emerge threads? Cause isn't that the whole idea? If you got something like a 6 or 8 cores processor you can dedicate a fair number of threads just for mapgen?

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Mineminer wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 18:44
Even if you up the emerge threads? Cause isn't that the whole idea? If you got something like a 6 or 8 cores processor you can dedicate a fair number of threads just for mapgen?
I can and do, I can 8 Threads, but as I have my terminal with also htop always open on my upper left side you can maybe use 2 mapgen threads for each 1 about 3.4 GHz virtual CPU, or 4 each real CPU ... there is always a limit.
MapGen goes easy over 50% of one of my threads, so at 16 mapgen active gamer I also will have problems from CPU time, ... but I am sure the lag is so high that that might not be possible ... guessing 4 to 8 mapgen gamer will freeze the game

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 23:45
Mineminer wrote:
Fri Jul 02, 2021 18:44
there is always a limit.
MapGen goes easy over 50% of one of my threads, so at 16 mapgen active gamer I also will have problems from CPU time, ... but I am sure the lag is so high that that might not be possible ... guessing 4 to 8 mapgen gamer will freeze the game

Correct, that why you need to find a balance between cores' counts and core's performance. AMD Ryzen is known for good yields in this department, where you can up the cores' count while still getting quality single threads. Until you get to the ThreadRipper/Eypc range. Cause those have "too many" cores to be able to clock too high.

Minix
In-game: Minix

by Minix » Post

wrraarr wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 00:37
Hi all,
I'm running a server for a week long online camp and I would like to grant all the students ability to fly and then add some other privs as we stress test the server. I have read through several discussions about needing to modify auth.txt after changing default_privs in the configuration file. Unfortunately I launched this server with auth.sqlite and do not know how to modify it and do not see any discussion on how to do so. I have about 85 users and I don't want to go through each using /grant <player> fly. Is there a batch procedure to achieve this?
Any help on this matter is greatly appreciated!
Maybe your camp is over but here you go, this works on a Linux system and you need to install the sqlite3 package that brings the sqlite3 command line program so I am assuming you know how to use the command line and that you have a Linux system available.

Copy this bash script code into a file and name it as you wish, make sure to make it executable with chmod:

Code: Select all

#! /bin/bash

players=$(expr $(sqlite3 auth.sqlite ".dump auth" | wc -l) - 4)
for id in {1..${players}}
do
	cat sql_cmd | sed "s/id/$id/" | sqlite3 auth.sqlite
	mv auth.sqlite.tmp auth.sqlite
done
Then copy this sqlite script into a file called "sql_cmd":

Code: Select all

INSERT INTO user_privileges VALUES (id, "fly");
.save auth.sqlite.tmp
.quit
MAKE SURE TO BACKUP your auth.sqlite file before proceeding. After backing up, copy auth.sqlite and those two scripts into the same directory and run the bash script as "./name-of-your-script"

Done

Another way of doing this could be just enabling creative or if the player accounts are not yet created you could add fly to the default_privs setting on the configuration file of the server.

Festus1965

by Festus1965 » Post

Mineminer wrote:
Sat Jul 03, 2021 00:25
Correct, that why you need to find a balance between cores' counts and core's performance. AMD Ryzen is known for good yields in this department, where you can up the cores' count while still getting quality single threads. Until you get to the ThreadRipper/Eypc range. Cause those have "too many" cores to be able to clock too high.
You didn't get the point ... every CPU has somewhere earlier or later a limit.
And this discussion is also so far useless as most servers even have just 10-15 gamer... most don't need to have better CPU ... and further can't pay it, and just for 5 hours of 24 there might be the need of it.

Give me 20.000.000.000 US$ then I might order a Quantum ?? and a view good payed programmers to port mt to there ... haha
and even there we will face a limit some day ...

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

wrraarr wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 00:37
I have about 85 users and I don't want to go through each using /grant <player> fly.
You could add a mod that grants every joining player the permissions you like. This won't do it directly in the database for all users at once, but using the Minetest API for all users when they join.