[SERVER] Oysterity Anarchy

corasTenthTry
GitHub: corarona
IRC: cora
In-game: cora

[SERVER] Oysterity Anarchy

by corasTenthTry » Post

Unmoderated Mineclonia anarchy server. Hack greef kill ok!

minetest://oyster.minetest.land:30420
minetest://oyster.minetest.land:30421 - running anon5's inventory proxy ( https://github.com/OysterityAnarchy/mt-netopt-proxy )

The following is a copypasta of the announcement on discord and reddit. As a little explanation: Clamity Anarchy disappeared one day, I had set up Oysterity in the hopes of getting the old map file (which, tl;dr I did not).
Players of Clamity, oldfags, noobs, pvpers, builders, griefers, hackers,
it is with deep sorrow that I have to fulfill my solemn duty to inform you about the state of things:

tl;dr: It does not look like the map is coming back.

I (and afaik noone else either) haven't heard anything directly from Strych or Clam since the sudden disappearence of the server. I have been in contact with an (irl-) friend of them, who unfortunately also has been unable to persuade them to do anything about this. A lot of you know who I mean but please refrain from bugging them with it – as far as I can see they have done more than could have been expected already.

I will first write down my best understanding of what has happened and then, even if it is really hard for me, try to give us a perspective for the future.

In the weeks leading up to "the incident" Clam had already hinted a couple of times that he has a difficult IRL situation, the same is true for Strych as well so understand that none of this is happening because they are mad at any of us personally. What I think has happened is, that they realized it is too much to handle for them on the side and they decided to shut it down. You might say the way they did it (particularly without prior notice or anything) was ... uhm ... less than ideal but of course I think most of us have been in situations IRL which are so bad that even caring a second about some internet project is out of the question.

One thing that in retrospect becomes clear is that they were really mad about the "ClamityAnarchy" github which Fleck had registered a while back to publish a few things he had developed for the server and which others, including me, have used henceforth for some hotfixes that needed to be done (it's available at https://github.com/OysterityAnarchy now). I do remember Strychten saying something like he isnt super happy about not having (write) access to it a good while back. I didn't think much of it then but yeah it looks like they felt people wanted to take the name Clamity from them. I wish I could have seen it back then, or they would have communicated their dissatisfaction in a clear way. Maybe none of this would have happened.

A few days after the server shut down the aforementioned friend I have been in contact with relayed a message to me (from Strychten) implying that they would give us the map if we rename all the things which was done within a day or so. I also made the deal with Edgy on that day so we'd have the server ready to go when we'd get the map.

It's just that we never got the map – and haven't heard anything from them since.

About a week back I asked said friend to relay a letter (similarly lengthy as this lol) to Strych and Clam, which I'm somewhat sure they have read (it was on pastebin.com which has a view counter) in which I tried my best to persuade them once more – I have not heard anything as you could probably guess.

A lot of our friends have stopped playing when the wipe happened last year (incidentally just about 1 year ago). And undoubtedly others will stop playing because of this now. I'm not going to say this is a chance for a new beginning or anything like that. There was so much history on that map! It's really sad that they let it go down like this (even if it is just by inaction).

I do however have a challenge for you. And a promise!

Can we make a (serious) MT anarchy map that lasts longer than one year? From what I was told the map file was 42GB when it shut down. Can we get there again? We're at 4.3 GB after less than a month so I think we're right on track ☺

The server itsself is paid for for one year for now but even after that. My irl situation is stable enough that I do not think that will be a problem.

I promise you all here and now that I will not follow their example: If I should ever feel like the admin work is getting too much for me (it has been a breeze so far to be honest) I will do my best to pass it on to someone else and if I can not find anyone as a last resort I will publish the map file.

I will not take what you made away from you!

I feel the disappointment about loosing it as well but I still hope that many of you will stay and make this a great map. It has been very hard for me too to even do anything serious on the new map but I hope it might get easier now that we won't call it a temp map anymore.

-cora

Vvan-razor
In-game: Anarchist

Re: [SERVER] Oysterity Anarchy

by Vvan-razor » Post

Врывайтесь все сюда! Это самый лучший аналог 2b2t для minetest!)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

seams to be under a big of attack today 6.3.2022 11:27 ICT

always a big log ins near 128 max sean gamer
with nicks about badPutin, now GloryTookUkraine, and 4-diggit number accounts ...

admin might have hard time
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

tuxayo

by tuxayo » Post

Hi 🙂thanks for hosting this server.
Can we have updates to mt and mcl2? In a few hours of playing today there was almost 10 crashes in two salvos. I didn't get to know which actions of other players caused it but we can hope updating would lead to better stability.
Another mcl 2 server (solo un altro clone) has newer versions and I've seen less crashes in more hours with more players overall so it's a good sign 🙂