Protectionless?

Grubler
In-game: Grubler

Protectionless?

by Grubler » Post

I see servers called "Anarchy", but they seem to have forms of block protection on them and stuff. I would prefer a server without such things that lets things be broken at any time and stuff. Having troubles trying to host my own server, so was wondering if there might be any others out there. Seems to be a lot of servers out there. I dunno, man. Thanks.

runs

Re: Protectionless?

by runs » Post

Grubler wrote:
Tue Oct 26, 2021 03:09
I see servers called "Anarchy", but they seem to have forms of block protection on them and stuff. I would prefer a server without such things that lets things be broken at any time and stuff. Having troubles trying to host my own server, so was wondering if there might be any others out there. Seems to be a lot of servers out there. I dunno, man. Thanks.
Juanchi Worlz 12/12/2021

Linuxdirk
In-game: Linuxdirk

by Linuxdirk » Post

The server yoopsy.minecity.online claims "No rules hack greef is ok" according to Minetest server list.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Yoopsy seems to have a problem where you log in and then it kicks you out saying it has experienced and internal error.

And can't seem to find one called Juanchi Worlz.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Grubler wrote:
If you are referring to hosting it on a hosting provider (e.g. a VPS, a dedicated server rental, etc) you might benefits from https://hostedtalk.net/t/guide-for-prep ... ences/6585 to get you fired within the hour. :)

Then it just literally the matters of following one the many guides out there for actual Minetest server setup (usually with systemctl) or else even viewtopic.php?f=14&t=27093 might works for a more "plug and play" command line manager.

Feel free to let me aware if this helps at all, you are also more than welcome to PM me additionally.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

I was actually just trying to get my own hosted server to show up in the list and be connectable, and seemed to have seen it there at least once in my attempts, but am not sure why it doesn't seem to be working and may just be too lazy to try to read through other threads and figure out what the problem may be.

Mineminer

by Mineminer » Post

Grubler wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 03:07
I was actually just trying to get my own hosted server to show up in the list and be connectable, and seemed to have seen it there at least once in my attempts, but am not sure why it doesn't seem to be working and may just be too lazy to try to read through other threads and figure out what the problem may be.
I understand completely and that's okay. We are all humans after all and it's our nature to be lazy sometimes. :)

I wish you a good night as well. :)

ywwv

by ywwv » Post

I dont like to use protection. so maybe when your server is online. you will see me there

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Found one called, oysterity anarchy. Seems a lot like minecraft from what I saw.
Found another called, Oops! All Chaos. Not sure if it has protection or not, but didn't see any while I was there. It was pretty strange, though, and had many minecraft elements, and you run really fast.

Minix
In-game: Minix

by Minix » Post

Grubler wrote:
I host a Minetest Game anarchy server, you may be interested in visiting it, the address is freedomtest.ddns.net, port 30000. It features technic, mesecons, mobs_redo, df_caverns and other things. There are no protection items, not even locked chests/doors. You can visit the official website at https://freedomtest.ddns.net/ for more information.

If you want to setup your own server and you are having issues with it not showing on the server list you might want to open another thread so people can help you.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

Would you be willing to take some suggestions on the server? I tried it out and the biggest question I have is what the heck is killing me? I seem to be getting hurt 1 health point over and over and I thought maybe it was from being in some sort of, area but it seems hard to get away from sometimes. I go near the lava, and then I start to get hit by something I can't see. Sometimes many times in a row, and then I get killed.

Minix
In-game: Minix

by Minix » Post

Grubler wrote:
Tue Nov 09, 2021 03:22
Would you be willing to take some suggestions on the server? I tried it out and the biggest question I have is what the heck is killing me? I seem to be getting hurt 1 health point over and over and I thought maybe it was from being in some sort of, area but it seems hard to get away from sometimes. I go near the lava, and then I start to get hit by something I can't see. Sometimes many times in a row, and then I get killed.
That is a feature of the mod radiant damage. Heat sources like lava and fire cause damage when a player is close to them, other sources of radiation damage include radioactive materials like uranium or mese. A few months ago I reduced the damage dealt by mese radiation because it was exaggerated, but I guess there should be some warning about not getting close to lava.

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

I just realized it may be radiation from those green blocks. Didn't know what it was until I tried to break it. Okay then. Is there a reason there doesn't seem to be a way to run? If there is a way to maybe have messages upon death that say how you died, then that may be helpful a bit. Alright. I guess that mystery is solved.

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Grubler wrote:
I go near the lava, and then I start to get hit by something I can't see. Sometimes many times in a row, and then I get killed.
Real, lava seams not to be a reason to get killed ?
I was in real on Aetna Sicilia and I got 2 meter close to make a movie from my wet tissue-paper burning as landing on it ... but then changed the wind from the lava to me ... lost all my hair near open face in 2 seconds and run !!!
The surface still red is about 1.100 degrees Celsius
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Festus1965
GitHub: Festus1965
In-game: Festus1965 Thomas Thailand Explorer

by Festus1965 » Post

Festus1965 wrote:
Wed Nov 10, 2021 03:23
Grubler wrote:
I go near the lava, and then I start to get hit by something I can't see. Sometimes many times in a row, and then I get killed.
Real, lava seams not to be a reason to get killed ?
I was in real on Aetna Sicilia and I got 2 meter close to make a movie from my wet tissue-paper burning as landing on it ... but then changed the wind from the lava to me ... lost all my hair near open face in 2 seconds and run !!!
The surface still red is about 1.100 degrees Celsius
So not in real existing world monsters you know that they may kill you as you can see them ?

And falling is also just see a hole ...

How anyway are you starting a new game that can be dangerous by dying ? complain the programmer doing that ?
Human has no future (climate change)
If urgend, you find me in Roblox (as CNXThomas)

Grubler

by Grubler » Post

What? It wasn't the lava. When you get hurt by the lava on that server, it makes a burning sound, so that gives you a clue and hurts for more than just 1 point. What I now know to be the effect of the "radiation" was something that would also linger for a while after you left the area of the green blocks that were causing it. And perhaps the closer you got to this big hill that was covered in these green blocks, the more single points of damage you would take at one time, so. Yeah. I put up a sign to warn of it... On one side of a hill was lava and on the other side was green stuff that gave this "radiation" which I didn't know was a thing.